• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It’s hip to be a meat hunter! Hipsters want in.

Awesome. Same reason I keep meaning to give deer hunting a try again.
Edit to add: I am not a hipster.

One mosquito bite and they'll be done with it. Pussies - the entire lot of them.... Sorry, but I can't see a hipster walking into the swamps with a treestand on their back... Aint happening.

They'll walk in like 20 feet from the parking lot, set up, make a ton of noise in the process, spook every deer within a mile because their beard cream stinks so bad, and then never do it again. But they'll spend the next year talking about their epic hunting trip to anyone who will listen.

I'm not surprised since we're seeing farm-to-table and recreational farming to be in fashion these days.

Also, The Walking Dead.

Personally I hope they stick with it. The pansy and pussy comments are somewhat deserved......but as hunters let's hope they learn that it's a challenge worth undertaking and we see the numbers of younger hunters increase.

Personally I hope they stick with it. The pansy and pussy comments are somewhat deserved......but as hunters let's hope they learn that it's a challenge worth undertaking and we see the numbers of younger hunters increase.
+1

I'd love to push a hipster down the stairs just as much as the next guy but the more people enjoying outdoor sports like hunting the better.

+1

I'd love to push a hipster down the stairs just as much as the next guy but the more people enjoying outdoor sports like hunting the better.

Some of those dudes do a ton of upper body work. Lame skinny pants/jeans, but still might be decent at it.

+1 for any/all interest

+1

Yeah....+1. The more people on our side the better. Its why I teach kids for the youth pheasant hunt, and teach women during Women In The Outdoors programs.

Hunters will be dying off and hanging up their guns at pretty alarming rates in the next ten years.

The baby boomers and older were the largest population of hunters....the new generations are definately not picking up the sport for many reasons. My wife calls Thursday night skeet, "the old mans club" for a reason. I'm usually the youngest Gen Xer in the room.

Last edited:
I was in a hipster coffee shop in Brooklyn a couple of years ago and almost dropped my latte when I realized the big group by the window was talking about their plans for hunting season.

More power to 'em. Eating locally and ethically has been on-trend for a while, and ending up in the woods looking to fill the freezer seems like the logical place for it to end up.

One mosquito bite and they'll be done with it. Pussies - the entire lot of them.... Sorry, but I can't see a hipster walking into the swamps with a treestand on their back... Aint happening.

They'll walk in like 20 feet from the parking lot, set up, make a ton of noise in the process, spook every deer within a mile because their beard cream stinks so bad, and then never do it again. But they'll spend the next year talking about their epic hunting trip to anyone who will listen.
This. Exactly. Jack.

Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - Sexy

1552318031-20190311.png

I saw that in the Army in the '80s: "I have a right to pierce my ear! I want to express my individuality!"

Uhhh... you mean by piercing your left ear, parting your hair in the middle, and wearing heavy metal concert t-shirts so you can express your individuality by looking exactly just like all your buddies?
"Monkey-see-monkey-do" is definitely A Thing with the humans, and not one of your more endearing qualities. [thinking]

This. I just can’t see it either. A guy who uses lotion in his beard, with a man bun etc. I don’t see them lasting a wet cold hike for 1-2 hours to sit a stalk, come up empty and then repeat for several days. Nor do I see them hurting and cleaning and butchering after. However I could see them with a 3500 crossbow being led to a stand over a field of farm raised deer to shoot a carboard cutout and then have a soy based venison substitute burger, yes I can see that

Back
Top Bottom