• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ISO Reading Rifle member

The best way to find a sponsor is go to an open shoot (something I have to do myself). I took my hunter safety class there a few years ago. Great group of folks.

The best way to find a sponsor is go to an open shoot (something I have to do myself). I took my hunter safety class there a few years ago. Great group of folks.

The Trap and Skeet ranges are open to the public on Sunday mornings. 5-stand and skeet also on Wednesday evenings.

The rifle matches are a bit more involved, but are also open to the public.

We‘ve also recently begun holding monthly .22 Precision Rifle matches.

When a dude with the name broccoli offers the only substantive information in 25 posts...you’re probably on NES.

We’re all very nice once you run the gauntlet 20-30 times and survive like the other 10 or so ladies here (myself included, but I just identify because of how NES makes me feel sometimes.)
You are a woman?

unnamed (8).jpg

The Trap and Skeet ranges are open to the public on Sunday mornings. 5-stand and skeet also on Wednesday evenings.

If you haven’t tried trap or skeet how

Is there a better day (Wed or Sun) for someone who is new to Trap and Skeet?

If you haven’t tried trap or skeet how

Is there a better day (Wed or Sun) for someone who is new to Trap and Skeet?

Doesn’t really matter. Show up and let the guys know you’re new to it and interested in trying it out and joining the club. You’re likely to get handed a shotgun, box of shells, and walked through a round of whatever they’re shooting.

sunday may be better than wed.
Sun is usually straight skeet shooting.
guys there can and will help you down the right path.
They shoot only steel shot and supply it there at a reasonable cost
I believe they have a few club loner guns for you to try if you don't have one.
Bring your ppe and a couple of bucks and you'll be set.
Bubba runs it. He is also an officer in the club so he can give you all the info you need to continue on

sunday may be better than wed.
Sun is usually straight skeet shooting.
guys there can and will help you down the right path.
They shoot only steel shot and supply it there at a reasonable cost
I believe they have a few club loner guns for you to try if you don't have one.
Bring your ppe and a couple of bucks and you'll be set.
Bubba runs it. He is also an officer in the club so he can give you all the info you need to continue on
Thanks! The only shotgun I have is a Marine Magnum. Should I bring that or would that just be stupid?

I bring my home defense 12g sometimes to train with. After a few rounds of skeet you can build up a good familiarity with how to load and swing your gun.
Some guys have $2000.00 over unders and the guy next to them has sears made 410.
No one cares except you are there enjoying the day.
If you don't like your gun that day, borrow the clubs

Not sure if I am allowed to post this. Admin please remove if not allowed.

Anyone here a member of Reading Rifle Club? I hear it’s fantastic and it has everything I am looking for in a club. Only issue is, you have to know a member to become a member. I have never stalked anyone before but....:)
Headed there (Reading Rifle) tomorrow to watch the 22LR competition. Anyone from here going?

I heard Reading Rifle has a five year waiting list? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I heard cops shoot for free there, too.
Not accurate. Get a member to sponsor you and you will join in a month.

Unless they recently closed it for new members and I didn't hear about it.

Not accurate. Get a member to sponsor you and you will join in a month.

Unless they recently closed it for new members and I didn't hear about it.

I was joking about the waiting list. Lol. Mostly.

We are very close to the membership cap that is voted on by the members at the annual meeting. I think there are some slots left.

New member inductions are also usually suspended from hunting season through the end of the year. Our membership committee and board need a break.

Slight change of topic ...

Has anyone heard if the club will put some steel plates on the pistol range?

Even a simple plate rack with a few 10" plates would be nice or a dueling tree.

Slight change of topic ...

Has anyone heard if the club will put some steel plates on the pistol range?

Even a simple plate rack with a few 10" plates would be nice or a dueling tree.

There will never be club steel placed on the ranges under 100yards. It is impossible to police who shoots at it and with what. The steel targets will get destroyed or someone will get hurt. It’s also why members aren’t allowed to bring their own steel targets (except rimfire).

The only way for us to have steel at pistol ranges would be for a Pistol Chairman to volunteer and he/she would be responsible for safe use of any steel targets used for pistol events or casual use.

There will never be club steel placed on the ranges under 100yards. It is impossible to police who shoots at it and with what. The steel targets will get destroyed or someone will get hurt. It’s also why members aren’t allowed to bring their own steel targets (except rimfire).

The only way for us to have steel at pistol ranges would be for a Pistol Chairman to volunteer and he/she would be responsible for safe use of any steel targets used for pistol events or casual use.

its a shame. One club i belong too had a plate rack on the pistol bays. It lasted less than 2 years

Wonder how clubs like Harvard manage to have plate racks that are setup and ready to shoot at any time for members.
I know Andover has steel targets at 25 and 100 yards if I’m not mistaken.
Thankfully my club allows members to bring their own steel after getting club president approval.

Wonder how clubs like Harvard manage to have plate racks that are setup and ready to shoot at any time for members.
Thankfully my club allows members to bring their own steel after getting club president approval.
Harvard members are held to a higher set of standards than most other clubs. There is also a stringent interview process involving a polygraph test.

Reading is a great club and I won't drop the membership.

But I might join Hopkinton. They have a lot of plates, and people seem great. I met a few of them at USPSA practice nights.

Back
Top Bottom