• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is this the same gun

Boghog1

NES Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223_165519_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20231223_165519_Reddit.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20231223_165415_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20231223_165415_Reddit.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 87
  • SmartSelect_20231223_165800_Photos.jpg
    SmartSelect_20231223_165800_Photos.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 87
320's suck ... quite possibly the most overhyped gun of all time

At least the smith and wesson mp line runs
Show us on the doll where Sig touched you, I've got am M&P, a Sig 320 and a Glock. They all have their pros and cons, but this isn't about Sig it's about a claim back in April by Ben saying the gun failed at a large meet and them 8 months later Marauder Collective claiming it broke in the holster

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C1NMdOrPNbg/?igsh=bG94bHA1dmQ4M24x

Screenshot_20231223_200629_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Show us on the doll where Sig touched you, I've got am M&P, a Sig 320 and a Glock. They all have their pros and cons, but this isn't about Sig it's about a claim back in April by Ben saying the gun failed at a large meet and them 8 months later Marauder Collective claiming it broke in the holster

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C1NMdOrPNbg/?igsh=bG94bHA1dmQ4M24x

View attachment 831315

No where I just think they truly are wildly overrated.

Ive had a vtac.. couldn't get rid of it fast enough

The frames arent very ergonomic...the triggers blow and they have a beavy of issues.

Broke at the thinnest point in the injection molded frame - shocked, I am not. There are some industries that just should not hire optimist engineers, and that looks like somebody grossly underestimated the force that can be put on the grip during use. That grip frame looks like their priority was making it look like the rest of the conventional frame Sigs, not in putting enough material in the area that broke to, I don't know, not break?

I had a Sig 2340 for about 5 years that collected a similar pattern of gouges on the left side grip and mag floorplate (lefty shooter), as well as a nice collection of embedded paint from various door frames. That one didn't break - of course, that one didn't have a giant hole in the plastic frame to accommodate the fire control module. This makes me think of the differences between the polymer AR receivers from Cav Arms that tried to duplicate the aluminum receivers and broke constantly, with the KE Arms polymer lowers designed by people who better understood the limitations of their chosen material. It'll be interesting to see where this ends up.

P320s have been discharging in holsters, tossing extractors, blowing apart frames, cracking barrels, etc ever since they came out.

Here, I just read this legal case yesterday (attached). It outlines all the problems that P320s have had and how poorly Sig has handled it and tried to hide it. Garbage company making garbage guns.

Attachments

• 5f03a0863c886.pdf.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
This wasn't supposed to be about how much the Sig P320 sucks, more of how much these gun professionals like Ben Stoeger, Marauder Concepts, Trex Arms etc... are just as biased as main stream media. We get it you don't like the gun, so don't recommend it but don't lie. I personally hate my M&P trigger but it isn't a bad gun. I had to reshape the glock grip because it really didn't fit my hand. I'm not sold on the 320 but so far I shoot it better than the other two. Not a fan of any with a grip safety which is why I got rid of my XD. but if you like any of those platforms and they work for you shoot them.

But why does it matter than it's the same gun? Ok, so we have 99 examples of Sigs blowing up, not 100 - is that a meaningful difference? It's also different people posting it, not one person claiming it's a new example.

I don't see Stoeger as being biased whatsoever. He has posted photos/videos of himself teaching classes and shooting several different guns, including a P320. What he's also posted is that he sees P320s blow up much more often than any other gun, while his Glocks go through 50k rounds with just infrequent oiling.

But why does it matter than it's the same gun? Ok, so we have 99 examples of Sigs blowing up, not 100 - is that a meaningful difference? It's also different people posting it, not one person claiming it's a new example.

I don't see Stoeger as being biased whatsoever. He has posted photos/videos of himself teaching classes and shooting several different guns, including a P320. What he's also posted is that he sees P320s blow up much more often than any other gun, while his Glocks go through 50k rounds with just infrequent oiling.
Because we have two different people claiming different reasons for the fail, BS claimed it was an out of battery strike and MC initially claimed it exploded but then stated it broke in the holster when it got caught on something, I found a guy that claimed it was his and that it was run over as a YouTube torture test video. what caused the breakage is important.

This wasn't supposed to be about how much the Sig P320 sucks, more of how much these gun professionals like Ben Stoeger, Marauder Concepts, Trex Arms etc... are just as biased as main stream media. We get it you don't like the gun, so don't recommend it but don't lie. I personally hate my M&P trigger but it isn't a bad gun. I had to reshape the glock grip because it really didn't fit my hand. I'm not sold on the 320 but so far I shoot it better than the other two. Not a fan of any with a grip safety which is why I got rid of my XD. but if you like any of those platforms and they work for you shoot them.
Trex arms is not a gun professional.

Because we have two different people claiming different reasons for the fail, BS claimed it was an out of battery strike and MC initially claimed it exploded but then stated it broke in the holster when it got caught on something, I found a guy that claimed it was his and that it was run over as a YouTube torture test video. what caused the breakage is important.
They're just reporting what they heard, I'm sure they're not getting this info first hand. I wouldn't even care if this was a one-off but I've seen dozens of pictures of P320 frames blown apart.

Two world wars and zero catastrophic breakages in the holsters!

[laugh]

edit- What do people expect from plastic guns? There's a reason stuff made out of plastic is cheap!
Not sure if serious...

They're just reporting what they heard, I'm sure they're not getting this info first hand. I wouldn't even care if this was a one-off but I've seen dozens of pictures of P320 frames blown apart.

Not sure if serious...
LOL, not.

Back
Top Bottom