Is the WTB forum pointless?

I check them out once a week or so and the ads usually are vague, with the exception of the actual item the person is interested in. By "vague" I mean: no price range mentioned, no location mentioned, no payment method mentioned, etc.

While we're on the subject, I think that any and every classified ad on this site should include the city of town the item is located. Vague = North Shore, South Shore, the Cape, Metrowest, etc. some items aren't worth the drive! Vague = probably a hassle, so all those ads I disregard.

No one will get my exact location until they call me and make plans to meet. That isnt unreasonable.

I don't think I've ever found what I need through a WTB on this forum, but hell yes on several others. Mainly old gun parts, and pre-ban square notch Glock mags found from folks in free states who no longer care about the pre-ban status of magazines.

I have had some good luck with the WTB, but I have also had a few scammers try to sell me stuff.

I've found about 20 times that I've got something the WTB'er wants. And I'm at work. When do I remember? Months later when I'm perusing the WTB threads again. ROFL!!!! If only somehow my gun safe could travel with me all the time. (I'm never 100% sure I've got what the buyer wants.)

No one will get my exact location until they call me and make plans to meet. That isnt unreasonable.

I never mentioned anything about "exact location", just concerned with general location, just as concerned as anyone with my privacy! But, someone writes "western MA" and that is too vague. That all I was saying

I never mentioned anything about "exact location", just concerned with general location, just as concerned as anyone with my privacy! But, someone writes "western MA" and that is too vague. That all I was saying

I agree - Town 1/Town 2/Town 3 isn’t vague and isn’t giving away your location.

Again, you can make that decision when you talk to me. What's the problem? You guys up in MA can get our non-resident permit for ~$70 for five years if youre that sandy. Bunch of uptight and scared guys with guns around here.

I replied to a WTB for the man searching for the mauser k98, i found him a good one on gunbroker, id he decides to buy it. i will be happy knowing he has a good mauser

Honestly, this thread made me check the WTB listings for the first time in years. So, there's that.

Back
Top Bottom