Is the semi auto mag fed shotgun legal in MA?

AWB applies to shotguns as well as rifles. Mags can't hold more than 5 rds for the shotgun mag to be legal (unless pre-ban).

Here's the quote from GOAL as to what constitutes an AW shotgun:
a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--"

(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'“
So unlike semi-auto rifles, the detachable mag is part of "the count", therefore, as has been pointed out, one has to both pin the stock and remove the pistol grip (or "permanently" affix the magazine) to make that interesting shotgun AWB compliant. [sad]

Here's the quote from GOAL as to what constitutes an AW shotgun:

So unlike semi-auto rifles, the detachable mag is part of "the count", therefore, as has been pointed out, one has to both pin the stock and remove the pistol grip (or "permanently" affix the magazine) to make that interesting shotgun AWB compliant. [sad]

Sorry to resurrect... But I had a question. So a saiga 12 with 5 Rd mags, a fixed no pistol grip stock, and detachable mag is OK, but the question is, does it need to have a muzzle device pinned and welded or can it have a screw on thread protector not otherwise welded and pinned?

Sorry to resurrect... But I had a question. So a saiga 12 with 5 Rd mags, a fixed no pistol grip stock, and detachable mag is OK, but the question is, does it need to have a muzzle device pinned and welded or can it have a screw on thread protector not otherwise welded and pinned?
Shotguns:
(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.'.

Shotgun AWB definition is different than Rifle AWB definition in that the detachable magazine is a prerequisite for rifles but an evil feature on shotguns.

In addition to the above, threaded barrels are not included in the evil features list for shotguns, probably precisely because chokes are so common/important on them.

Back
Top Bottom