Is it legal to store firearms not in my house?

We're just doing him a favor by telling him what's going to happen. It's not very often that you can basically be Nostradamus.
This......OP asked the question, and there is no "feel good" answer to irrational behavior. Most of the answers.....are helping him.

If you don't nip it in the bud and deal with it......it will become more irrational over time/hate, resentment will build up over time.

Deal with it and man up face it now and have the conversation, or just sell all your guns and never plan on owning one again, til she lets you.

That said....the latter is putting up with irrational behavior.......if you can live with it and not let it eat away at you and ruin your marraige......your a better man than me.

Those are the answers.

Moving them offsite, etc.....just band aids because you don't have the balls to stand up for what you believe in, and face irrational behavior. Once she is allowed to "take the hard line"...what's it going to be the next time? No or limiting sex, No drinking, No whatever.......she will learn she can get away with getting whatever she wants without having a conversation on it where you stand up for yourself. Congratulations....your a doormat.

All this shit should be talked about and mutually agreed upon, BEFORE you get married and BEFORE you have kids.

Last edited:
The firearms not being in the house are the least of your concerns bud.
Personally I would not store my collection anywhere but in my house, but I have a substantial collection with both valuable firearms and family heirlooms.
if you have a couple of hand guns, sure you can store them in a storage container and be within the limits of the law. So long as proper storage laws are followed and the container is in a state you’re allowed to possesses them in, if you could not and say you did, may as well start lying now lol.

If you do Put your balls in there while you’re at it though too

I don't. This isn't the first one of these we've seen by a longshot. Within the last month theres been at least one other "histrionic wife doesn't like guns, looking for storage" posts. Probably been dozens over the years.
This.....

People don't talk to each other about expectations before getting married/kids.....then wonder why they have problems later. Lot of it is just settling...they don't want to bring shit up and then lose the person over it.

Better to lose them before you put a fxcking ring on their finger/or drop a kid that you have to support.

MGTOW thread really

Last edited:
Just playing devils advocate here...
Maybe the wifey has a valid point, maybe the op is historically a total fukk up and will inevitably leave the safe open or a loaded gun out on a table.
Most likely not but...

Also funny but I guess typical/inevitable here how long it took before someone simply answered the op's simple question before piling on...

Maybe the wifey has a valid point, maybe the op is historically a total fukk up and will inevitably leave the safe open or a loaded gun out on a table.
Most likely not but...

Also funny but I guess typical/inevitable here how long it took before someone simply answered the op's simple question before piling on...

We have to assume the OP is not a moron.
Maybe the wife can start a thread. [laugh]

Most likely not but...

So your saying, maybe the OP NDed a 12 ga in the nursery and blasted the kids new crib to bits so his wife is now freaked out? 🤣 Last i knew he didn’t give us any reason to believe he was that irresponsible with guns.

OP if i didnt already suspect that you do all the kitchen work around the house id suggest you tell the wife that all of her sharp or otherwise dangerous kitchen implements wherever your guns are gonna be lest the child gets injured.

Big assumptions all the way around. Like I said, just playing devils advocate...

Girl I lived with for years, didn't give a crap about me having guns.
I offered that since they're in the house she should have access and familiarize herself with them.
She said for my sake she didn't think that might be a good idea...🤨 Ok, no problem then...

Big assumptions all the way around. Like I said, just playing devils advocate...

Girl I lived with for years, didn't give a crap about me having guns.
I offered that since they're in the house she should have access and familiarize herself with them.
She said for my sake she didn't think that might be a good idea...🤨 Ok, no problem then...
Okay, don't want to assume; did your 'girl' have an fid/ltc? If not access is a no-no in MA, not all of NES reach.

The questions is not if the marriage survives, but how miserable is the guy.

My buddy is miserable and now trying to have a kid. Dude is f*cking up, but he wanted to settle. She didn't let him have guns and he always complains about her.

If he always complains about her the marriage is over, it's just a matter of time. When I met my new neighbor at my last home the first thing he starts doing is bitching about his wife. Sure enough, 6-7 years later they get divorced.

Many here are stating that the wife should be ok w/ guns in the house because OP had guns when they met. That may not actually be the case, sometimes people get into guns after they get into the relationship.

That happened w/ w/ ex Madame and I. Sure, I grew up around guns and hunted through my mid 20's but when I moved to MA I left my shotgun with my folks & never got licensed in MA until many years later, after I was already living w/ Madame. In fact, Madame & I took the licensing course together. That was a total shit show, she broke down emotionally after having to handle a .22 and was terrified at the thought of some of the upstanding citizens in the class handling guns (she wasn't totally off base there, lol). As with everything else I do, when I get into a hobby I go all in and started shooting regularly and accumulating guns & eventually carrying every day. She wanted nothing to do with them but also didn't give me a hard time about them (she knew what I'd choose if forced to choose).

So a new guy politely posts that he is in a jam as to where to store his guns. And with an acknowledgement that people are going to tell him to get a new wife in hopes that he will deflect some of the BS, and actually get some solid advice about remote storage.

And what does he get??? (6) pages of (mostly) wise ass remarks attacking him and his wife.

Does anyone realize that he came to a gun forum for advice on gun storage and not marriage counseling??? Sure, it wasn’t the strongest way to introduce himself but I am least going to cut the guy some slack.

It is amazing how at times we here can be so compassionate and understanding, and other times complete a**h***s.

OP, I cannot add anything regarding your situation other than the internet is not the best place for legal advice. You probably should talk to an attorney that is familiar with the laws surrounding gun storage.

So a new guy politely posts that he is in a jam as to where to store his guns. And with an acknowledgement that people are going to tell him to get a new wife in hopes that he will deflect some of the BS, and actually get some solid advice about remote storage.

And what does he get??? (6) pages of (mostly) wise ass remarks attacking him and his wife.

Does anyone realize that he came to a gun forum for advice on gun storage and not marriage counseling??? Sure, it wasn’t the strongest way to introduce himself but I am least going to cut the guy some slack.

It is amazing how at times we here can be so compassionate and understanding, and other times complete a**h***s.

OP, I cannot add anything regarding your situation other than the internet is not the best place for legal advice. You probably should talk to an attorney that is familiar with the laws surrounding gun storage.
Ball Busting is a great new england past time.

[…]
Hopefully a divorce attorney, because acquiescing to that level of irrationality is a sure sign of bigger problems ahead.

Don't forget about this guy. he got railroaded by the Lowell PD, even though all his stuff was in a vault (which was broken into).
So unless you have a hundred grand you want to throw away on attorney's fees......get a safe, put it in the basement and put your shit in it

Ball Busting is a great new england past time.
Paraphrase:

A couple gets a flat and is on the side of the road in Cali.
People will stop and be extra polite, offer well wishes but not have the tools or experience to change your flat.

A couple gets a flat in New England and is on the side of the road.
Drivers will stop, shit on you for looking weak in front of your girlfriend, and have your tire fixed and back on the road asap.

Most likely not but...

Didn't you just pile on? 🤣

Paraphrase:

A couple gets a flat and is on the side of the road in Cali.
People will stop and be extra polite, offer well wishes but not have the tools or experience to change your flat.

A couple gets a flat in New England and is on the side of the road.
Drivers will stop, shit on you for looking weak in front of your girlfriend, and have your tire fixed and back on the road asap.
I remember that but wasn't it his reloading set up they tried screwing him on?

Back
Top Bottom