Is it legal to store firearms not in my house?

Yeah I’m not gonna be ditching anything. What about a small (like 5x5) storage unit? There’s a spot close by which offers storage for cheap and I could throw a few other things in there to make it worth my while. Would that be legal if the storage unit doesn’t prohibit firearms?
I have heard that Massachusetts prohibits guns in storage by the terms of service of the storage folks.

You could do it in NH, though.

If you did it in Massachusetts, probably nobody will know.

How about this for an idea...

Buy a safe for your guns.

Demonstrate that a guns can't fire without a bolt or an upper to your wife.

Store the bolts and uppers in a safe deposit box!!!

Problem Solved!!!

If your wife does not accept that - you have bigger problems...

Yeah I’m not gonna be ditching anything. What about a small (like 5x5) storage unit? There’s a spot close by which offers storage for cheap and I could throw a few other things in there to make it worth my while. Would that be legal if the storage unit doesn’t prohibit firearms?
The storage unit can prohibit guns, that doesn't make it illegal to store there.

What you need to research:

Is there a law that says guns can't be stored in a storage unit?

Is there a law that says if a business says "no guns" then it is illegal to have guns there?

Good idea put her bed in there and tell her she come visit you if she gets cold and DONE!

Buy a safe. Best option. Most kids don't get the hang of acetylene torches or angle grinders until late teens.
I used to think that about robbers and killers.

Urban 6 years olds are shooting their teachers now.

An urban 6 year old does not have the intellect to use power tools but the OP's kid might be able to crack a safe with the right torch or grinder.

In all honesty, having a baby and an intact marriage may be worth losing guns over.

You may have to write off the guns for a few years while you work on her.

I know it's fun...

I get it...

But, in the mean time...

NO MORE CREAM PIES!!!

For Gods sake!!!

Here is some more sage advice.

Ditch the long guns.

Rent a safe deposit box and keep any handguns in there.

Problem solved!!!
Grumpy Cat No GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

It's not about the guns. It's not just a hobby. It's personal responsibility, trust and self/family protection. Best of luck.

I used to think that about robbers and killers.

Urban 6 years olds are shooting their teachers now.

An urban 6 year old does not have the intellect to use power tools but the OP's kid might be able to crack a safe with the right torch or grinder.
That still requires work. Do you think an average dowannas kid knows even what an angle grinder is? 🤣🤣🤣

That still requires work. Do you think an average dowannas kid knows even what an angle grinder is? 🤣🤣🤣
Depends on the kid and level of intelligence.

An urban child might be too stupid to use tools.

A more sophisticated child of high intelligence can surely use a torch or angle grinder.

Compare these two photos on the degree of intelligence required for engineering:

Africa_Kenya_mud_hut.jpeg

versailles-palace-courtyard-SECRET1216-911d9538288141a686474b1ce08a2e1a.jpg

If she's anything like my wife, she never goes down into the basement. Stick 'em down there. What she don't know, won't hurt her.

But then again, if she was anything like my wife, she'd be rational. So.

OP buy a used furnace, gut it out and when she’s not home move it downstairs next to the current furnace. Store guns there. She’ll never know.

Same could be done with a water heater, or as my wife says “wait that’s the boiler? Which one heats the house?”

Sounds like a trust issue. Your wife dosent trust you and you will end up divorce in a few years. She is at the point that she feels she can leverage you to anything she wants. The guns have nothing to do with this. Even a moron knows a safe is infent proof, there was no problem before. It is just an excuse to set you up for a fall. Beware she dosent trust you and this is just the camels nose under the tent. It will only get a lot worse if you two don't come to an agreement on the storage in the house.

You can probably make it through a good 8 years without the kid even knowing the safe exists, nevermind the guns. She's wrong and this is not because I am biased because I am a gun guy. Build a small dedicated room, inside the room have the safe. The safe is locked, the room is locked, establish a protocol for things that go in and out and use cameras. Heck, make it a false wall if she's really that concerned with the door being suspicious. This isn't expensive to implement and it is effective against babies learning to roll over, and sit up just as it is against nefarious actors. If she thinks anything can possibly happen, she doesn't trust you, locks, safes, cameras and inanimate objects, nor her own child.

They say that the most secure gun safe is one that cannot be found.
Maybe get crafty and put the gun safe in the wall and hide it with a bookshelf or a large painting. And add a camera for extra care if you want.
You can prob do this and hide it from your wife, though its best to talk to your wife about it.

There's almost always a middle ground where you two can agree on, doesn't always have to be an ultimatum.
So in the end, have a proper discussion with the wife and come up with a proper agreement.

Since your child was just a born (congratulations!) I wouldn't bring up the concept of teaching them gun safety (yet) until they are older (not like a newborn is gonna understand anyway) and maybe your wife will be a little more open to it.

Guns in an offsite location in a safe, if your friend tells you no move them… but here’s the catch: You have a massive, pilotable, drone that has AI capabilities and can unlock your safe and bring your guns and ammo within a minute or two for convenience. On top of that, it has a panic mode and can fly way faster and gets to you within half a minute and during that time it LOADS your guns for you. When they arrive, you only have to status check to confirm it loaded them correctly and you’re ready to boogaloo.

With more funding it comes with it’s own disabling and killing capabilities so it can give you backup when you sweep your house for threats.

Last edited:
Long story short, we just had a kid and my wife wants my firearms out of the house. It's annoying, and I know y'all are going to say that it's time to trade in my wife, but really this is the only place we don't see eye to eye, so I'm trying to respect her wishes. She's always been super supportive of me in just about every way, but she's taking the hard line when it comes to guns in the house and a kid. Basically she said look, the second he's out of high school you can bring it all back and more, but while he's here I don't feel comfortable. It is what it is, so I'm trying to come up with a solve.

I rent a locked garage space from my neighbor literally 3 houses up and could easily move my safe up there. I'm curious,...

Great First Post!

Write down combo and tape to babies head
Put wife in safe
Play theme from Mission Impossible
Crack beer
Start timer

Q: Can baby open safe and rescue her before she dies?

A: No.
Good. The guns stay.

A: Yes.
Not likely but would be an interesting turn of events. Guns still stay and you get rich off your kids freakish abilities.

Seriously though, look what those animals did on 7 Oct and made the fathers watch helplessly from their knees. f*** that. Don’t go out that way. Respect your wife of course but do not bow to emotional demands that compromise the very safety that you are expected to provide.

There were 10M+ savages imported in the last 3 years and are roaming our streets as we speak.
9C5C9406-6CAC-403A-82CE-D145B8EC2F1F.png

As long as you meet the MA MGL storage requirements, you can store them wherever you want. I highly recommend storing them out of state. Once she has the baby and wants to get rid of you, you don't want her to have the restraining order leverage. She's not going to stay with a man who will willingly agree to give up his ability to defend her baby.

I would change the safe code, and then challenge her, an adult, to gain access.” You have 24 hours. No power tools as if a youngster would to attempt entry with power tools we would hear that taking place and stop them. Good luck!”

I would change the safe code, and then challenge her, an adult, to gain access.” You have 24 hours. No power tools as if a youngster would to attempt entry with power tools we would hear that taking place and stop them. Good luck!”
I understand your thought process. If you have kids, or remembering being a kid, it isn't the one time trying to access something that usuallly fails. It is the curiosity of the child that brings them back over and over to get what they can. That is the battle; does their interest fade or does the storage solution/safe do its job and keep the little bugger out.

However, it still isn't about the guns.

Back
Top Bottom