Is it legal to store firearms not in my house?

My kids are 2 and 5 and already not curious about guns. They've been taught 'don't touch daddy's tools' and 'don't touch, get an adult'. Showing them, letting them touch under your supervision, takes away the mistique and then they treat them just like they treat my table saw and torture rack.
I moved in with my girlfriend when her son was 5, as soon as the gun safe went in his 5 year old curiosity took over and the "What's in there" immediately took effect lol.

I let him handle every gun at least a couple times a week or whenever he asked, at day 1 of doing this the finger on the slide and pointing it in a safe direction ect ect was drilled into his head, and it became natural.

Fast forward and he stepped asking to see them since he held them so much.

I can't remember I think he was 9 when I started teaching him how to load and unload mags and make the gun safe, even now at 12 I will hand him a handgun or rifle every now and then and tell him to tell me if the gun is hot or not, he breaks it down in short order and safety is his absolute first thought.
process.

Introducing kids to guns early on is one of the best things a gun owner with kids can do.

One day he might be at a friend's house and potentially be around a loaded gun laying around with his non informed friends and the situation will be handled properly.

You guys always repeat crap like that, but I've known marriages that have survived this after the wife went FR about guns.

It's their marriage, their business.

OP, yes, what you are thinking about doing is legal.
He posted it on the forum
But that is true, the only opinions that matter are his, hers and her boyfriend's

You guys always repeat crap like that, but I've known marriages that have survived this after the wife went FR about guns.

It's their marriage, their business.

OP, yes, what you are thinking about doing is legal.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Remember those threads where we tell each other about the boat trips? All those unfortunate accidents?

OP should just do the same thing, only replace "Mr ATF Man" with "honey."

Found OP a replacement.
Problem solved.
No charge.

I’ll “store” them for you for the next 18 years. But I get to use them.

i never loved a woman that much to have to comply with a demand like that. you can find another woman if push comes to shove. for yuks, ask her how she'd to be a single parent until the kid graduates. you're gonna pay for him anyway, you can do that off site with a reasonable woman.

Have you tried a bonded warehouse? Seriously though find someplace to store them that costs a bit each month to do so. My wife would be begging to just bring them back lol. Im not going to beat you up like the other guys. It doesn't make sense but maybe she'll come around. Do you have her involved in shooting?

Have you tried a bonded warehouse? Seriously though find someplace to store them that costs a bit each month to do so. My wife would be begging to just bring them back lol. Im not going to beat you up like the other guys. It doesn't make sense but maybe she'll come around. Do you have her involved in shooting?
As part of a 209A? That might be his best bet 😂

Back
Top Bottom