• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it just me, or do you also hate wading through all of the dealer ads, to get to the private seller guns for sale too.

The ones with a number. Example: Glock 17.
Not entirely true! The Glocks numbered <10 or >50 are the most desirable and command the highest resale price. Those are the investment grade Glocks.

I am toying with the idea of listing my Glock 7 in the NES private WTS section. I would not list a price but instead would accept the highest offer over the next two weeks. Send Venmo and I'll mail Glock 7 to your FFL for transfer.

Putting city and state in listing title would clarify things a bit.

Makes it easy to skip ads on but the most rare and desirable Glock or M&P in Massachusetts.

i'm assuming dealers are asked to pay a higher fee is so they can basically advertise. just smart business to have 'em pay to play.

Because there are dealers without dealer accounts selling in the same area.

I would do the same if I paid a premium for a dealer account.
GREAT IDEA!: Start posting private party ads in the DEALER section!
@drgrant is probably husy banning someone.

View attachment 479735
Naw, he's pretty easy on people, unless you're a real dick. Now there was a mod here (haven't seen him for a while) that was total dick. Would pass out warnings like a fat Mall Cop. That guy was an ass.

Naw, he's pretty easy on people, unless you're a real dick. Now there was a mod here (haven't seen him for a while) that was total dick. Would pass out warnings like a fat Mall Cop. That guy was an ass.
I know. It was a way for me to use that GIF I never get to use.

Thanks for ruining it.

I would have thought, but it's not a rule, you would glance the title/subject of the post to gauge interest in the post. Then you would click and read the listing, if at the point you're seriously contemplating the purchase, you would then care whom the seller is?

Items in bold are one you've not clicked on.

This is MERICA! post where you want what you want.

Because i'm an urban venti soy chai latte drinking rebel, I once posted a non gun related Off-Topic question in the General Discussion forum and it felt good

The dealers ads don't bother me as much as regular members posting 8, 9, 10 ads in a row pushing others off page one. This is specifically prohibited but seldom enforced. Some less than a year muppet has TWELVE in a row this morning in the accessories section.

ETA: Thank you to the Mod who consolidated these!

Last edited:
The dealers ads don't bother me as much as regular members posting 8, 9, 10 ads in a row pushing others off page one. This is specifically prohibited but seldom enforced.
i don't see this anywhere. really only rules to selling i see is you need to be green, you can't post comments in a for sale advert, and no "what's my gun worth" if you're not green. can't find no specifics besides that. but this isn't the easiest forum to locate things.

i don't see this anywhere. really only rules to selling i see is you need to be green, you can't post comments in a for sale advert, and no "what's my gun worth" if you're not green. can't find no specifics besides that. but this isn't the easiest forum to locate things.

Down near the bottom of Eddie's Rules.

"Consolidate your Ads.

There is a limited amount of front page space on all forums. In order to give everyone fair advertisement the mods may, at their discretion, request that you consolidate your threads if you are selling multiple items in a particular forum."

Down near the bottom of Eddie's Rules.

"Consolidate your Ads.

There is a limited amount of front page space on all forums. In order to give everyone fair advertisement the mods may, at their discretion, request that you consolidate your threads if you are selling multiple items in a particular forum."
a fair and reasonable request! thanks.

You would all be complaining it is full of items that have been sold but don't say so in the add.

As my friend Lester Lightbulb says, "WATT????" ;)

No. Allow editing, but no bumpability for 7 days. Edits shouldn't bump. What we have is a "new" ability to bump a thread without another post on it. It's not a good system. It rewards the obnoxious.

@drgrant is probably busy banning someone.
yknpkf6-gif.479735
58jrz0.jpg

hammercarolla.jpg

@drgrant
Ok what if you send 100 PMs to a dealer just simply asking them to stop using the private section?
Then they tell 2 friends then they tell 2 friends and so on and so on and so on.
3035274.jpg

I can think of about, no, exactly 1.0625 specific reasons
Look at Mr. Lo-Tax,
living in a town that doesn't wet it's beak for ¾%

...data is new the new black oil...
giphy_4aa60190f409656cc35bccbc587dee3a6296aaeb.gif

while we are at it, I hate when people post an ammunition caliber and state not CCI, Federal, Winchester so that they get more hits, same with cars, not Toyota, CRV, And do it to guns etc.

I block the people I don’t want to see stuff from. I bet I have 40 or 50 people blocked. Dealers, people who come here to just sell stuff, anyone with less than 200 posts that ask stupid questions. Let’s face it, there are stupid questions. If you’re to lazy to either use the search button or google, I don’t want to deal with you. Or people that ask legal advice.
Yeah, but if I did that, I would only see posts from Dr.Grant, LenS and Rob Boudrie.
Now... I am off to read a Reptile thread about why it is healthier to only wash your ass once a month and another about abducting the Chinese food delivery girl.

Yeah, but if I did that, I would only see posts from Dr.Grant, LenS and Rob Boudrie.
Now... I am off to read a Reptile thread about why it is healthier to only wash your ass once a month and another about abducting the Chinese food delivery girl.
That's someone we should block, but it's like watching lost. You want to see what happens next.

Is that a Chinese girl who delivers food of arbitrary cuisine,
or a girl of unspecified nationality who delivers Chinese food?

Life moves fast on NES.

Back
Top Bottom