• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a Canik really as good as the hype?

I disagree really a bone stock 17 is a tremendous pistol. Sure there are tweaks to your preference but i tweak nearly every gun

I also love the glock trigger... it works for me.
PDP.jpg

I carried a GLOCK 22 as a duty pistol for a long time, Although it was functional (many needed repairs which cost due to GLOCKS weak warranty.
Canik and Walther have a LIFETIME Warranty ! GLOCK should too!
In my opinion the Walther PDP is a much better pistol than the Glock 17; whether it be stock or tweaked.

View attachment 815452

I carried a GLOCK 22 as a duty pistol for a long time, Although it was functional (many needed repairs which cost due to GLOCKS weak warranty.
In my opinion the Walther PDP is a much better pistol than the Glock 17; whether it be stock or tweaked.
40=trash

But it's all preference imo

Some people jerk off over hk...i think they suck

Fwiw i love canik guns and own 7 have been kicking around the idea of getting a pdp

I'm just saying glock 9mms are fine guns and if someone was like i got a glock I'm not turning my nose up like i would a taurus

The big name gun makers *should* be embarrassed that these guys in Turkey of all places figured out how to make a gun with a *great* trigger right out of the box.

I think we've just come to accept that stock triggers need to suck and we'll need to spend money on them to make them great....nope, not true.
Why would anybody be freaking out about that? Walther has had great Striker triggers for years also the caracal had an excellent trigger in its first iteration before the recall this isn't anything new. The Steyr M9A1 also had a scary good trigger. And it's ancient compared to a canik.

Protip: the trigger isn't "everything" in a striker fired handgun. Unless it's horrendously bad it's not going to affect sales much. Look at the M&P as an example. Even the non Mass trigger is pure crusty dog shit and those guns sell very well all over the place.....

View attachment 815452

I've sent a whole ton of guns to Glock over the years and have never been charged for a single repair just shipping...

Protip: the trigger isn't "everything" in a striker fired handgun. Unless it's horrendously bad it's not going to affect sales much. Look at the M&P as an example. Even the non Mass trigger is pure crusty dog shit and those guns sell very well all over the place.....

The point is the Canik trigger is great *and* it costs less (sometimes way less) $$$ than the big name competition.

Just because guns with shitty triggers continue to sell well doesn't make it ok. Good business maybe(charge more money for a lesser product and get away with it)....but not good for us end consumers.

The point is the Canik trigger is great *and* it costs less (sometimes way less) $$$ than the big name competition.

Just because guns with shitty triggers continue to sell well doesn't make it ok. Good business maybe(charge more money for a lesser product and get away with it)....but not good for us end consumers.

Actually it's perfectly okay because the market has decided it's perfectly okay. 🤣 I mean look at HK until the vp9 came out a lot of their Da/SA guns had f***ing garbage triggers. My point is there's more to a platform than just a trigger.

The cost is mostly irrelevant all of these guns pretty much fall in the same wheelhouse... plus or minus a few bucks and if somebody is flinting that hard I feel sorry for them.... that part is just laughable. Anyone hung up on the price differences, is obviously not shooting a lot.

The big name gun makers *should* be embarrassed that these guys in Turkey of all places figured out how to make a gun with a *great* trigger right out of the box.

I think we've just come to accept that stock triggers need to suck and we'll need to spend money on them to make them great....nope, not true.

Why would anybody be freaking out about that? Walther has had great Striker triggers for years also the caracal had an excellent trigger in its first iteration before the recall this isn't anything new. The Steyr M9A1 also had a scary good trigger. And it's ancient compared to a canik.

A little story in regard to "great triggers." First, it amuses me to no end that anyone would refer to the trigger on any striker-fired gun as "great." Perhaps they have never experienced a really good-to-great single-action handgun (or DA/SA handgun in SA mode). Some of the worst single action triggers still beat the very best of the striker-fired triggers hands-down. So if I were out there trying to sell Caniks or any other striker-fired handgun, truth-in-advertising would demand that I always refer to the trigger as a "great (or good or bad) striker-fired trigger." 🤔

Second, way back when the Caniks first appeared, I was told repeatedly how "great" the Canik triggers are. I tried one... in fact, I tried several... and, to ancient old me who has fired more decent-to-high-end target pistols than I could ever count, the Canik's trigger was complete crap to me. Yes, I own plenty of plastic striker-fired guns, but I accept that they are what they are... mostly cheap, plastic, unimpressive bullet dispensers and little more.

Living in Massachusetts with our "AG's rules", one must (or at least should) learn how to fire a handgun accurately and effectively with any trigger, good, bad or even awful... and I believe I have done that. Took some time, but now I don't care how good or bad a trigger is on any handgun. And when it comes to striker-fired handguns, frankly, they are all essentially the same to me now.

Actually it's perfectly okay because the market has decided it's perfectly okay. 🤣 I mean look at HK until the vp9 came out a lot of their Da/SA guns had f***ing garbage triggers. My point is there's more to a platform than just a trigger.

The cost is mostly irrelevant all of these guns pretty much fall in the same wheelhouse... plus or minus a few bucks and if somebody is flinting that hard I feel sorry for them.... that part is just laughable. Anyone hung up on the price differences, is obviously not shooting a lot.
Then after the vp9 came out

Their striker guns had garbage triggers

Yep, I think it is pretty far down on the list for me.
1. Natural point of aim. If it doesn't point where I look, then what is the point
2. Ergos...how comfortable the gun is to shoot
3. How high can I grip the gun for recoil control
4. Sights, just about every gun will need better sights
5. Accuracy
6. Trigger break
7. Known reliability. Just about every gun runs these days. Ones that don't certainly won't pass any of the above

A little story in regard to "great triggers." First, it amuses me to no end that anyone would refer to the trigger on any striker-fired gun as "great." Perhaps they have never experienced a really good-to-great single-action handgun (or DA/SA handgun in SA mode). Some of the worst single action triggers still beat the very best of the striker-fired triggers hands-down. So if I were out there trying to sell Caniks or any other striker-fired handgun, truth-in-advertising would demand that I always refer to the trigger as a "great (or good or bad) striker-fired trigger." 🤔

Second, way back when the Caniks first appeared, I was told repeatedly how "great" the Canik triggers are. I tried one... in fact, I tried several... and, to ancient old me who has fired more decent-to-high-end target pistols than I could ever count, the Canik's trigger was complete crap to me. Yes, I own plenty of plastic striker-fired guns, but I accept that they are what they are... mostly cheap, plastic, unimpressive bullet dispensers and little more.

Living in Massachusetts with our "AG's rules", one must (or at least should) learn how to fire a handgun accurately and effectively with any trigger, good, bad or even awful... and I believe I have done that. Took some time, but now I don't care how good or bad a trigger is on any handgun. And when it comes to striker-fired handguns, frankly, they are all essentially the same to me now.
Your name proceeds you

If you find a canik rival those triggers are great

Your also comparing apples to lug nuts

A duty size polymer striker gun thats like 400 bucks. Isnt the same as a high end comp gun

A czechmate parrot should have a better trigger it costs 8x

Caniks have a great trigger compared to their class

Yep, I think it is pretty far down on the list for me.
1. Natural point of aim. If it doesn't point where I look, then what is the point
2. Ergos...how comfortable the gun is to shoot
3. How high can I grip the gun for recoil control
4. Sights, just about every gun will need better sights
5. Accuracy
6. Trigger break
7. Known reliability. Just about every gun runs these days. Ones that don't certainly won't pass any of the above
I agree its not everything..having a crisp break is more important to me

If you ever shoot a hellcat and a macro sxs i prefer the hellcat trigger even though its like 2 pounds heavier. But the rest of the macro is better

The fit though is more important

I have oddly shaped hands so finding a gun that fits is the most important thing

I have huge palms and stubby fingers

Caniks fit my hands best I've found so far and are very accurate which is why im a fan.

For reference my whole pinky bone in the palm is off a 92 fs grip

I cant stand flared magwells because a good chunk of my palm is on them

Back
Top Bottom