• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is a Canik really as good as the hype?

My pro tip…

1. Buy gun, this one is perfectly fine
2. Make friends at range
3. Shoot other guns or rent guns
4. Buy more guns based on experience

The best carry gun is the one you personally can conceal and shoots reliably. You won’t figure that out on the internet.

For me that ended up being the greatest gun ever created, the P365 macro.

But remember, the range is bad as the gym, it’s full of idiots with bad advice.
I carry a macro and own 4

Great sized...optic ready...love the comp

Hate the trigger absolute dog shit lol

I believe you (and you are not alone saying that, obviously). But can you state your reasons?

I carry a macro and own 4

Great sized...optic ready...love the comp

Hate the trigger absolute dog shit lol
I don’t want to derail this Canik discussion, but …

X-ray3 sights are great
Optics ready, latest cut doesn’t remove rear sight
Trigger ok for dumping mags into a dinner plate size target out to 15 yards
Thin and grip module feels great, no mods or aftermarket updates for me
Very popular and reliable … if there were major issues the internet would taking a dump on it by now.

Cons: prob costs more than any alternatives you would be considering

I don’t want to derail this Canik discussion, but …

X-ray3 sights are great
Optics ready, latest cut doesn’t remove rear sight
Trigger ok for dumping mags into a dinner plate size target out to 15 yards
Thin and grip module feels great, no mods or aftermarket updates for me
Very popular and reliable … if there were major issues the internet would taking a dump on it by now.

Cons: prob costs more than any alternatives you would be considering
I like it don't get me wrong it needs some tweaks though

Needs some additional grip by the front rail nbd little grip tape fixes it.. the trigger guard needs to be undercut its a bit slick. I like a little grip tape higher up on the grip for a little more purchase

And i just loathe any and all 365/320 triggers but i carry one just hate it

I just grabbed an ata benelli knock off shotty

Thing is freaking money for 450 bucks
I can/could buy 4 Impala plus autoloaders for the price of one Benelli. They will run the same. If the Beretta or Benelli is gas and dirty, the Impala will run better. My last IP cost me like 300 as I got it on special they were having and had a promo code as well at Battlehawk. Quality is excellent.

Wait. Canik TP9 is basically a Walther 99???? Oh. OK. That makes sense. Now I all of a sudden don't need one. LOL. I had a P99. It was nice but not a DASA fan.

Every so often, I get a wild hair about a new pistol (or new to me). I'm working hard to avoid this one. LOL.

I am fairly excited about getting a METE SFT. But along with all the good things you hear about the gun, there is also all the FUD. So many doubters saying things like -
  1. How good can a Turkish gun be?
  2. The brand has not been proven yet.
  3. Established brands like Sig and Walther can be trusted for reliability etc.
  4. And so on and so forth.
Can someone who is knowledgeable please lay this out for me please? How good are these guns? Have they been tested in battle like some of the more traditional brands? Is Turkey really that advanced in its gun making technology?
I would appreciate it.

IMHO Canik is better than GLOCK; and they back it with a Lifetime Warranty.

Don't worry, he'll start another one in a day or two.
Usually I would just ignore a jackass like yourself. But I am curious. Which other thread have I started that is trying to get a general opinion on the Canik brand? There were a couple of threads about comparisons between some specific Canik models and others. Do you really feel that they cover the same ground? Or are you just old, senile and cranky?

Just saying. A beginner like myself can learn a lot from opinions of knowledgeable folks on this forum on threads like this. So, say something useful, and maybe generally refrain from being a sourpuss.

Last edited:
Not sure about better... but same i would say

With a trigger i prefer and a grip style of a canik

Glock works just fine
This...features for price, and trigger for range gun.....Canik.

Accessories, holsters, sights, spare parts availability, mag availability....Glock. Especially when considering you might partner a 9mm carbine with your carry gun that takes the same mags.

I thought this was the old thread. We are still discussing this?

Christ. Get a Glock and get over it.

Not crapping on Canik.

Just get a solid proven gun, then start to play around when time/money allows.

I thought this was the old thread. We are still discussing this?

Christ. Get a Glock and get over it.

Not crapping on Canik.

Just get a solid proven gun, then start to play around when time/money allows.
Or just buy a canik... just buy something and start a thread shitting on everyone who told you wrong

We demand satiafaction

Fine get a nighthawk and let us be like my rock island is better

I'm not picky. I just want action
Honestly after all my years of shooting. I’d rather trade my 4 mid range 1911’s for a nighthawk.

Better to have one gun that gets you rock hard vs four that are not boner worthy.

Don’t get me wrong. I like them. But I’d prefer one Gucci vs four mid range after all these years.

NES is a bunch of flints

I’m surprise no one mentioned Rugers in this thread. lol.

Honestly after all my years of shooting. I’d rather trade my 4 mid range 1911’s for a nighthawk.

Better to have one gun that gets you rock hard vs four that are not boner worthy.

Don’t get me wrong. I like them. But I’d prefer one Gucci vs four mid range after all these years.

NES is a bunch of flints

I’m surprise no one mentioned Rugers in this thread. lol.
My ria shoots almost as good for 3500 less

Flints rule the night

This kid is a Maura spawnling. Help xim/xir but know that you’re signing your name on the dotted line and kissing your arse goodbye first. By the way…

Hi Maura! 🤠🤠🤠

Back
Top Bottom