• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

is a 25 rd 10/22 mag leagal in mass?

I know its crazy to ask but mass is so crazy I am not sure?
Was considering a butler creek one

Does is have a sticker like this?
PreBan.jpg

otherwise, it's not legal.

To them (the mass libtards) that would be an AK Glock Assault Weapon of mass destruction.

I just shake my head, and then smile cause I moved to the right place :)

Does the pope shit in a bears hat?

srs post: The BX25 mags are post ban I believe, but other companies made 25 round mags before '94 I believe.

Until I find a pre ban one I guess I will keep loading into those stupid 10 rounders - thanks

25 rounds of .22 fun? Hell no.

10/22 pre-ban mags are extremely hard to find and when you do, they are dogshit.

This.

The ones you do find are all beat up and don't even feed anymore. Don't bother.

Or, just do what I do, and buy whatever the **** you want, and tell Martha to **** herself with a baseball bat.

This.

The ones you do find are all beat up and don't even feed anymore. Don't bother.

Or, just do what I do, and buy whatever the **** you want, and tell Martha to **** herself with a baseball bat.

+1 my friend.

The best thing about the BX-25 is the steel feed lips, the plastic ones that come with 99% of Butler Creek and any other shitty aftermarket mag you buy will wear out overtime and pales in comparison.

+1 my friend.

The best thing about the BX-25 is the steel feed lips, the plastic ones that come with 99% of Butler Creek and any other shitty aftermarket mag you buy will wear out overtime and pales in comparison.

Butler creek also made steel lip mags as well (also available preban) although the plastic ones last a pretty long time. That said, the BX-25 is a nice design. Basically the Ruger design is just a gussied up version of the mag that BC makes.

-Mike

+1 my friend.

Exactly. Ruger got it right with their own brand BX-25 mag. That thing will last forever. A 10/22 mag from 1994, isn't even worth it IMHO.

I know someone who knows someone who knows that a fairly good sized general merchandise store that sells 10/22 25 round mags (not Ruger) and the empyolees there wonder why they keep selling out.....

Butler creek also made steel lip mags as well (also available preban) although the plastic ones last a pretty long time. That said, the BX-25 is a nice design. Basically the Ruger design is just a gussied up version of the mag that BC makes.

-Mike

Right on the money, having the steel lip version is the key. I have a preban, steel lipped BC 25rd mag and it runs flawlessly.

I wish someone made an eleven-round mag for the 10/22... I like to push the envelope.
~Matt

are the preban ones dated? I saw some newer ones in a free state and there was just clear plastic with no date stamps anywhere. I know this has been discussed re ar magazines but not sure about the 22 stuff

I've got 5 Butler Creek 25 rounders new in package, complete with the receipt from Four Seasons dated pre Sept 94. Not for sale, targeted for my kids if they are not smart enough to move out of this state.

I've got some metal lipped ones that I use for myself as well.

Panic Early, it does pay off

are the preban ones dated? I saw some newer ones in a free state and there was just clear plastic with no date stamps anywhere. I know this has been discussed re ar magazines but not sure about the 22 stuff

Refer to post #4...

Back
Top Bottom