IRS/ATF Raids Gun Shop in Montana

cams

NES Member
Early morning raid shuts down Montana gun shop, on Flag Day ironically. The local Sheriff is also pissed because they were not notified that any outside agency, especially two heavily armed federal agencies, would be conducting a warrant service in his town, which is generally unheard of. Seems they are now just ignoring local authorities in their reach for power.

The Highwood search began at 7:30 a.m., more than two hours before the store usually opens, said owner Tom VanHoose. IRS agents served a warrant that specifically said they were looking for financial records. The search lasted more than six hours. The agents took no guns, but VanHoose said records taken, in his opinion were beyond the warrant’s scope.

“They took records that have no financial data in them. Those were related to gun transfers and that’s bullshit,” VanHoose said.

Rather, VanHoose suspects the IRS search is related to two other incidents involving federal agencies. More than a year ago, a man appeared opposite the parking lot from the gun shop. VanHoose said the man was taking pictures with a telephoto lens. The shop owner said he called deputies who identified the man as an FBI agent.

…more info in the link above

Rather, VanHoose suspects the IRS search is related to two other incidents involving federal agencies. More than a year ago, a man appeared opposite the parking lot from the gun shop. VanHoose said the man was taking pictures with a telephoto lens. The shop owner said he called deputies who identified the man as an FBI agent.

“Six months later, we get interrogated by Homeland Security. ‘Where were you on January 6?’ I’m like ‘guys, you know every move we make. No one here was anywhere near the Capitol on January 6.’”

Situation starting to get a bit salty?

“IRS agents served a warrant that specifically said they were looking for financial records.”

“They took records that have no financial data in them. Those were related to gun transfers

FFL transfers. Interesting.

Feds are building a database of “political enemies with guns” list it sounds like to me.

These agencies ignor Republican congressmen.
For this specific case, who knows. In general, I think there are under the table agreements that it's completely OK for the alphabet agencies to ignore Replicants I mean Republicans. ;) "Bad ATF / IRS! You're going to be held accountable for this!!!" Meanwhile, back in DC what they ALL think of citizens-

503902824.jpg.jpg

Coming to a mill near you.
They are cross referencing 4473s with credit card data gladly handed over to them so the can see who deals in cash. They will audit those people first.
Cuz cash = tax dodging criminal
Cash for flat screen= EBT recipient who traded his card at the Bodega for cash= ok!
Cash for gunz= right wing domestic terrorist

Last edited:
This is the ATF sending a message to the Governor of Montana and local sheriffs who recently publicly came out against enforcement of the pistol brace ban. The timing of these events are not a coincidence.
I agree. I was just now reading the updates on the other thread and noticed that exact thing from like 06 Jun. it’s payback.

Could be Jan 6 payback.

Could be his IRS filings don't add up. The 4473's will show exactly how many firearms were transferred vs what his books show. Those are ATF forms, they belong to the ATF. It's bad juju to go grab another agencies property without dragging them along for the fun. That or someone at the ATF needed a stat for the month.

That said, it's still a reach on someone who I bet makes less than people who really do scam their taxes.

Just wondering out loud, does the IRS have a connection with NFA tax stamps, even peripherally? Getting stacks of 4473's, identifying braced pistol transfers and then seeing if they have satisfied the tax stamp requirement (even if the stamp was not assessed a fee?) A one-two punch from AFT and IRS for those evil unregistered and untaxed SBRs. Kind of crazy but this administration doesn't seem to be shy about inventing offenses.

Could be Jan 6 payback.

Could be his IRS filings don't add up. The 4473's will show exactly how many firearms were transferred vs what his books show. Those are ATF forms, they belong to the ATF. It's bad juju to go grab another agencies property without dragging them along for the fun. That or someone at the ATF needed a stat for the month.

That said, it's still a reach on someone who I bet makes less than people who really do scam their taxes.
Could be his son tapped an IRS agents daughter too.

In case you haven't figured it out yet. We're the ones that have to do something about it.
If you're waiting for a politician you will be doomed.
Tell em you heard it from me.
There is an easy button on this one .
If of course there was the guts and will to do it were there .
Hey IRS and ATF ,here are your new budget numbers.
1687041952980.png

Remember when the G-men wanted to get Al Capone but couldn’t get him on murder, booze, racketeering, etc so they got him on tax evasion instead? The Biden DOJ is doing the same to political opponents and the 2A community. Don’t be surprised if the IRS starts “randomly” auditing FFL owners, gun owners and conservatives at a dramatically higher rate than everyone else. Anything even slightly off? Tax evasion.

This is the ATF sending a message to the Governor of Montana and local sheriffs who recently publicly came out against enforcement of the pistol brace ban. The timing of these events is not a coincidence.
That would make sense given the tax stamps for SBR's are issued by the ATF, but the money is a tax and it goes to the Treasury.

Could be his son tapped an IRS agents daughter too.
I'm just as suspicious of people who wrap themselves in 'Murica these days.

Just because someone is on my side of things doesn't mean he's always on the up and up. This could be a witch hunt, until I see the actual indictment, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom