Iraqi sniper video !!WARNING!!

Current Travel Warnings
Travel Warnings are issued when the State Department recommends that Americans avoid a certain country. The countries listed below are currently on that list. In addition to this list, the State Department issues Consular Information Sheets for every country of the world with information on such matters as the health conditions, crime, unusual currency or entry requirements, any areas of instability, and the location of the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in the subject country.

Congo, Democratic Republic of the 10/20/2006
Yemen 10/13/2006
Iran 10/10/2006
Sudan 10/05/2006
Uzbekistan 10/04/2006
Lebanon 09/28/2006
Syria 09/14/2006
Chad 09/06/2006
Algeria 08/31/2006
Israel, the West Bank and Gaza 08/29/2006
Iraq 08/28/2006
Nigeria 08/24/2006
Sri Lanka 08/15/2006
Kenya 08/10/2006
East Timor 07/18/2006
Haiti 07/07/2006
Burundi 06/23/2006
Saudi Arabia 06/23/2006
Afghanistan 06/22/2006
Philippines 06/16/2006
Eritrea 06/05/2006
Somalia 06/05/2006
Nepal 05/11/2006
Central African Republic 04/20/2006
Pakistan 04/07/2006
Bosnia-Herzegovina 03/30/2006
Liberia 03/30/2006
Côte d'Ivoire 03/03/2006
Colombia 01/18/2006
Indonesia 11/18/2005
Zimbabwe 11/14/2005
Okay... and? How many of those are on there because of supposed anti-western sentiments based on them being majority Muslim nations? Most of them are corrupt, crime-filled holes.

And yes, many Muslims have pale skin, but the point is that I stood out rather obviously.

So our enemy has to agree to something they haven't agreed to? Do I have that right?

We conduct ourselves in accordance with the treaties that govern the conduct of land warfare. Such treaties set for for US the definition of who is a legitimate combatant and who is not.

It does not matter one bit that Iraqi thugs did not sign those treaties. What matters is that none of them are legitimate combatants according to the laws WE have to conduct ourselves to. What matters is that such laws grant us the leeway to treat them as we see fit, up to and including summary execution after capture.

RTFL

I don't doubt that good is being done, I just think it is far outweighed by the bad. That's how most people measure success -- doing good is fine, but if the bad stuff keeps happening (and it keeps getting worse) then does the end justify the means?
You are making decisions about the overall balance only on the basis of biased and incomplete information. Misinformation being deliberately fed to this country by the yellow journalist media.

Your information is incorrect, and so too are your conclusions.

You are making decisions about the overall balance only on the basis of biased and incomplete information. Misinformation being deliberately fed to this country by the yellow journalist media.

Your information is incorrect, and so too are your conclusions.
Can you give me a list, then, of all the good things that are happening over there?

If you are sick of the so-called "liberal media bias", watch Fox News and tell me all the good things that are happening that CNN won't report. [thinking]

Can you give me a list, then, of all the good things that are happening over there?

If you are sick of the so-called "liberal media bias", watch Fox News and tell me all the good things that are happening that CNN won't report. [thinking]

Maybe you should listen to what returning soldiers and Marines have to say. Like some of us here do. Go find their blogs on line. Do your own work.

Besides, I have a hard time understanding the pussified nature of a country that thinks that 70 soldiers dead in a month is "horrific casualties" or some such other BS. We lost that many in an hour during your average WW2 battle, or within a day or two in Vietnam.

If we listened to the weaklings and Quislings of today back in WW2, the east coast would be a part of Germany and the west a part of Japan.

Besides, I have a hard time understanding the pussified nature of a country that thinks that 70 soldiers dead in a month is "horrific casualties" or some such other BS. We lost that many in an hour during your average WW2 battle, or within a day or two in Vietnam.
We also had many, many more soldiers serving over there. Plus, the armies we were fighting had mechanized infantry units, air support, etc.

It's 70 dead in a month where we are supposedly "turning the corner". Where we are serving domestic security forces for a country that is intent on killing each other and us if we're in the way. It is a massive waste of lives, time and money.

Both of my grandfathers fought in WW2 (and one in WW1), and they were fighting an enemy that actually posed a threat to us. I cannot say the same for Iraq. [rolleyes]

There is as much moonbat left-wing media out in the world as there is redneck right-wing media. If you don't like CNN, watch FOX.

I watched this for one reason. To renew my anger at the situation. Our boys are over there getting their ass shot off, while bleeding heart Demo-creeps are shouting "give peace a chance", and I can't have a full capacity magazine. The soldiers that put themselves at risk everyday are beyond heroes in my opinion, and should be held in the highest regard.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. [frown]

I watched this for one reason. To renew my anger at the situation. Our boys are over there getting their ass shot off, while bleeding heart Demo-creeps are shouting "give peace a chance", and I can't have a full capacity magazine. The soldiers that put themselves at risk everyday are beyond heroes in my opinion, and should be held in the highest regard.
If you are implying that Democrats don't hold the troops in high regard, please post some kind of evidence to support your belief...

Democrats hold troops in the highest regard, just not the administration that sent them there.

number9, No matter what anyone of us here have said you don't want to believe and are acting like a troll. I for one have had it.
You can have your beliefs and the rest of us ours. You would be perfect over at DU. Many moonbats over there that share your beliefs. Have fun with them. I am also tired of you degrading our servicemembers like what they are doing is meaningless. Take it elsewhere.

I think I have said about a half-dozen times now that I have the utmost respect for our servicemembers... indeed I even PMd you to say that! The people that I don't respect are the politicians that sent them there.

If you can't differentiate between the two, I apologize. If you don't want to hear a countering opinion in the liberal-bashing threads here then I'll stay quiet and you guys and girls can just go nuts...

Similarly seeing as how I respect the beliefs of people that disagree with me, I hardly think my behavior is "troll-like".

We also had many, many more soldiers serving over there. Plus, the armies we were fighting had mechanized infantry units, air support, etc.

It's 70 dead in a month where we are supposedly "turning the corner". Where we are serving domestic security forces for a country that is intent on killing each other and us if we're in the way. It is a massive waste of lives, time and money.

Both of my grandfathers fought in WW2 (and one in WW1), and they were fighting an enemy that actually posed a threat to us. I cannot say the same for Iraq. [rolleyes]

There is as much moonbat left-wing media out in the world as there is redneck right-wing media. If you don't like CNN, watch FOX.
You are beyond help.

I respect your beliefs, but no matter what we are saying YOU don't care. Yes I take what you are saying as demeaning to our servicemembers that are over there and also for the ones that have paid the ultimate price. You want to believe all the liberal based news media outlets. Most of the rest of us believe the ones that are serving over there and the ones that are coming back.
The troll remark is based on the fact you won't accept anything but Communist News Network and the likes of them as your sources. For the record Fox is just as bad or worse.
You just don't get it.

Wouldn't be the first time someone has said that... but hey, at least I dislike Ted Kennedy and the Globe.

Just like most liberals, no stomach for the fight and no patience for the win. Just cut and run when things get tough. Just another ADD-afflicted kid who wants to go home if he doesn't get his way NOW.

Hint: The Global War On Terror is not a payback mission for 9/11. It's going to encompass more countries than just Iraq and Afghanistan when all is said and done.

Didn't you say before that you weren't a citizen of the US? If so, our involvement in Iraq, or anywhere else other than your own country, is none of your business.

If you are interested in replying, I would honestly like to know why it is that you take my criticism of the government's handling of Iraq to be critical to be demeaning to our servicemembers, when in fact it is just the opposite.

It's your disrespecting of the job they're doing over there, your denial that anything good is happening. I've read the blogs and heard servicemen and women on the radio talk about how things really are over there - not the pablum spoonfed to the masses by the lamestream media. The true story isn't getting out far and wide because it doesn't fit the moonbat agenda, and they're who controls the popular media. You, on the other hand, seem to revel in every word there is against the war effort and believe the crap spewed by CNN (I prefer the name Clinton News Network, but ABC, CBS and NBC are just as bad if not worse). Claiming you have the utmost respect for our servicemen doesn't wipe out your true message.

Last edited:
If Marines (or any branch of an armed force) are sent to do an impossible mission by a group of politicians, Marines can do their best work day in and day out and never be successful. This is not a blight on the image of Marines, it is a blight on the people that sent them there. That is my problem. I do not agree that they should have been sent in the first place. The country is falling apart around them quicker than they can rebuild it. That is not the fault of them, it is the fault of the Iraqis that are intent on destroying it and the fault of the politicians that sent them there in the first place.

Maybe there's something that I'm not explaining, or I'm not clear on something. I have disdain for the people in public office that chose to send them there, and nobody else. I am kind of at a loss as to why you don't realize the difference.

I don't revel in bad news, but I use the overwhelming ratio of bad news to good to say "Hey, maybe this wasn't such a good idea in the first place, and we should bring whomever is over there home before it gets worse".

I use the overwhelming ratio of bad news to good to say "Hey, maybe this wasn't such a good idea in the first place, and we should bring whomever is over there home before it gets worse".
The ratio is INTENTIONALLY SKEWED by a press with an agenda.

You have been told this fact time and again and it seems to go in one ear and out the other.

Those two facts lead some here (inlcuding me) to believe that you are a) too naive to see that you are being fed a distorted picture, or b) have an agenda of your own that WANTS us to fail by pulling out at the first sign of setback. Which is it?

And you still haven't answered the question: are you a citizen of the United States? And if you are not, what business is it of yours what we do in Iraq or anywhere else?

You continue to reinforce my stereotype of liberals as people who are incapable of grasping facts that do not fit their world view and that depend on emotion over logic to decide things.

It's your disrespecting of the job they're doing over there, your denial that anything good is happening. I've read the blogs and heard servicemen and women on the radio talk about how things really are over there - not the pablum spoonfed to the masses by the lamestream media. The true story isn't getting out far and wide because it doesn't fit the moonbat agenda, and they're who controls the popular media. You, on the other hand, seem to revel in every word there is against the war effort and believe the crap spewed by CNN (I prefer the name Clinton News Network, but ABC, CBS and NBC are just as bad if not worse). Claiming you have the utmost respect for our servicemen doesn't wipe out your true message.

Well said. Couldn't have said it better.

I also have to agree with Jose's comment "You continue to reinforce my stereotype of liberals as people who are incapable of grasping facts that do not fit their world view and that depend on emotion over logic to decide things."

It is silly because the Democrats weren't from another nation; they are an established political party of this country. The Coalition Provisional Authority was not an Iraqi institution, it was set up by us. We "paved the way" for them to have elections. Clearly, some people disapprove of this.

Look, I don't suppot armed uprisings against anyone; but that is not to say that I don't understand why they're doing it. But there is a monumental difference between saying "I know why they're doing it" and "I agree with it, more power to the little bastards".

If I was able to vote in the U.S. presidential election in 2000 and my party lost, I would have uprisen the best way that I know how -- writing to newspapers, writing to house & senate members, etc letting them know that I thought my country was on the razor's edge.

The U.S. didn't take a referendum of Iraqi citizens when they came in and setup the CPA. They didn't take a referendum when they handed power over to the Iraqi government they had setup, nor did that government take a referendum of the Iraqi people to see if anyone wanted a dictatorship. They simply made the decisions (decisions which I support and agree with). But, some people are clearly not happy with the decisions made, and the less we understand that the more peril we find ourselves in.

First you justify it because they didn't vote for the outcome. Then I offer factual evidence to the contrary, and question with an analogy. Then you use false logic to rebut the analogy, when facts you gave earlier conflict your latter statement.

Which is it? Do you have an argument? The more you talk, the more evident it becomes that you're regurgitating moveon talking points, without understanding your own argument.

You still haven't answered the question.

And you still haven't answered the question: are you a citizen of the United States? And if you are not, what business is it of yours what we do in Iraq or anywhere else?
I am not a citizen of the U.S. I do, however, live here, pay taxes, and have registered with the Selective Service board so that if there was ever a draft (which is incredibly unlikely) I would be called up like everyone else. And this will be my last post in this thread...

Back
Top Bottom