• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

IOC seek to replace bullets with laser beams in order to attract TV audience

IOC is rabidly anti-gun. IPSC and USPSA asked about events once and the German guy running the events blathered about how the unwashed peasants should be turning their pistols over to government for their own good.

A bit over 15 years ago, Julie Goloski's father (Pete) told me the Olympics were headed in the direction of laser simulation of guns for events. Looks like he was prophetic.

Olympic shooting is governed by the ISSF / UIT.

From an earlier post of mine: https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...pic-shooting-in-The-Wall-Street-Journal/page3

Quoting from http://www.vpc.org/studies/goldfive.htm

In an interview for this report, ISSF Secretary General Horst G. Schreiber explained his group's reaction to the IPSC:

They have approached us once, but we said we are not cooperating with them. We want nothing to do with them. The black sheriffs [security guards], the bodyguards�they're all members of this practical shooting. We want none of them in our group....It is not a sport. I think it's a camouflage for those who are supposed to deliver their high-power .45 pistols to the government, and they [seek to] find some sort of a legal possibility to keep possession of their revolvers or pistols.[SUP]62[/SUP]

Last edited:
IOC is rabidly anti-gun. IPSC and USPSA asked about events once and the German guy running the events blathered about how the unwashed peasants should be turning their pistols over to government for their own good.
The inquiry was 100% IPSC. USPSA was not involved.

Long story, but the IPSC president's goal is to be a "shooting dignitary", and Olympic recognition would provide that opportunity.

The USPSA leadership also makes a habit of not pissing on electric fences and not poking sharp sticks in their eyes.

A bit over 15 years ago, Julie Goloski's father (Pete) told me the Olympics were headed in the direction of laser simulation of guns for events.

The "Olympics" overall are headed in a certain direction, and, for all parties involved (and even many uninvolved except by way of taxation), the sooner reached the better.

I don't watch the Olympics anyway. They are ruining the event anyway with this and then they will let the transgenders compete on their sexual assignment side. Won't really hurt the men's events but the women's events will all be won by males who are trans.

The "Olympics" overall are headed in a certain direction, and, for all parties involved (and even many uninvolved except by way of taxation), the sooner reached the better.
One of the few good things Mayor Walsh did was his refusal to sign a financial guarantee on the Olympics that "would not cost Boston anything".

Funny thing - the Olympics wouldn't have cost Boston anything, but the city was disqualified for not providing a taxpayer backed guarantee.

I don't watch the Olympics anyway. They are ruining the event anyway with this and then they will let the transgenders compete on their sexual assignment side. Won't really hurt the men's events but the women's events will all be won by males who are trans.

Woo hoo! Bringing back the East German women's Olympics teams. [banana]

Well, if they go that way, the Imperial Storm Troopers might as well just not show up.

[rofl]

This. Viewership is in the terlet. They can't get locations to bid successfully on events. The Olympics' time is nearing the end. WTF cares if they have guns or laser beams or moonbeams at that point?

Here's an idea, capitalize on the popularity of John Wick and add 3 Gun. Instant viewership boost.

No?

See above: The German "nobility" has a strong disdain for gunz.

Honestly, eff the Olympics. The two most corrupt "non political" organizations on the planet: FIFA & IOC. They both need to go down in a flaming pile of shit with hundreds of beheadings and public floggings. I'd bring back drawn and quartering, then your tv ratings will rise.

Running Man ftw.

They are just trying to make room for more events, like synchronized horseshoes.

Very little I enjoy in the Olympics these days, but I do enjoy the short-track skating and bicycle track events.

and arrows will be made of rubber, fencing will use foam foils and boxing, soccer will be outlawed. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom