• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Interesting NEW Ammo from CCI

Retired-LEO

NES Member
cci-clean-22-hyper-velocity_lead.jpg

Interesting NEW Ammunition from CCI.
CCI CLEAN-22 HYPER VELOCITY
it's a 31 grain bullet with an advertised velocity of 1550
With a velocity greater than Federal PUNCH .22LR and CCI MiniMags and the fact that it does NOT have a hollow point...
This ammunition just might penetrate deeper than any other .22LR.
I was able to find this at: T.S.USA

**UPDATE** The ammunition arrived, from T.S.USA - Will be testing it out before Friday

https://www.americanhunter.org/content/new-for-2023-cci-clean-22-hyper-velocity/

Last edited:
Interesting, Has anyone done a batch check through the Cronograph? I still use standard velocity when punching paper, as I have found that standard velocity is usually consistent round to round. Hollow point 22LR, I am not so particular.
I love standard velocity. It is what my Buckmark loves, I have only had 2 failures with it this past year.

I love standard velocity. It is what my Buckmark loves, I have only had 2 failures with it this past year.

My RUGER MKIV's pretty much are reliable with ANY .22LR (that's not defective obviously)

I tried a few types of Winchester recently in .22LR and found numerous rounds not seated properly; crooked rounds and many that didn't fire with decent rim strikes.

At this point I will not buy any more Winchester Rimfire; even in revolvers it seems to be the least reliable brand of rimfire.

My RUGER MKIV's pretty much are reliable with ANY .22LR (that's not defective obviously)

I tried a few types of Winchester recently in .22LR and found numerous rounds not seated properly; crooked rounds and many that didn't fire with decent rim strikes.

At this point I will not buy any more Winchester Rimfire; even in revolvers it seems to be the least reliable brand of rimfire.
Winchester tends to s*ck for ammo in general.

The only winchester ammo I shoot is TREE FIDDY LEGEND only because after testing several brands, it consistely gave me the best 5 shot groups. But I will start reloading for it soon.

I still have a bulk pack of winchester 22 that half the rounds won't even fit in my single 10 revolver without jamming them into the cylinder with a small screwdriver. That shit sucks.

I still have a bulk pack of winchester 22 that half the rounds won't even fit in my single 10 revolver without jamming them into the cylinder with a small screwdriver. That shit sucks.
Personally I find CCI to be one of the most reliable in .22LR
With centerfire I will shoot anything cheap for target; but prefer Underwood or Hornady for carry rounds.

CCI seems to work fine in all my .22’s. Eley and SK Match for the win. Winch, Remington, AE all seem to suck. I think they need pretty loose chambers. M41, mkIV, Buckmark, 10/22, 457 all prefer better quality ammo.

I had issues with their "pink" clean 22lr ammo in my wifes Ruger SR22
Almost every round was keyholing. Every other type of 22lr ammo I ran through the SR22 didn't do that.

Granted that was a 36 or 40 gr bullet going much slower than this new ammo.

I had issues with their "pink" clean 22lr ammo in my wifes Ruger SR22
Almost every round was keyholing. Every other type of 22lr ammo I ran through the SR22 didn't do that.

Granted that was a 36 or 40 gr bullet going much slower than this new ammo.
CCI is all over. They manufacture too much, then package ammo with different colors for Christmas...

Would be nice if they put some effort into a nice, competition oriented ammo line for all the PRS people. Maybe there isn't enough money there.

If the Aguila Interceptor I got recently doesn't cycle well in autos, then I'll give this a look, but the Interceptor is a 40gr bullet with .22 Mag velocity from a 3 inch revolver.

After seeing that, I am done using hollow points in handguns. They lower maximum potential velocity and don't even expand, so they're useless from pistols.

clintons-election-purple.jpg

View attachment 796308

Interesting NEW Ammunition from CCI.
CCI CLEAN-22 HYPER VELOCITY
it's a 31 grain bullet with an advertised velocity of 1550
With a velocity greater than Federal PUNCH .22LR and CCI MiniMags and the fact that it does NOT have a hollow point...
This ammunition just might penetrate deeper than any other .22LR.
I was able to find this at: T.S.USA

https://www.americanhunter.org/content/new-for-2023-cci-clean-22-hyper-velocity/

I'm glad it's not non binary

Back
Top Bottom