Insurance. REALLY?????

Absolutely no way is this Constitutional. Next will I need insurance for my other rights? Against unlawful search and seizure? Freedom of speech/press?

Driving a car, owning a home, these are privileges earned through work/savings/etc, not Constitutional rights. The article on Boston.com made me feel ill.

The funny thing is, if gun ownership were actually a risk indicator, insurance companies would be taking it into account in pricing homeowners insurance already.

‘‘Insurance on your gun isn’t really going to decrease crime or accidents. Nobody shoots their friend on purpose. It’s not going to do anything,’’ Baenziger said. ‘‘It’s just a way to increase revenue for the state.’’

Any idea what this quote about revenue means?

(P.S. Dupe?)

Absolutely no way is this Constitutional. Next will I need insurance for my other rights? Against unlawful search and seizure? Freedom of speech/press?

Driving a car, owning a home, these are privileges earned through work/savings/etc, not Constitutional rights. The article on Boston.com made me feel ill.
Welcome to Massachusetts. Ready to go back to Texas yet?

Sorry, didn't mean to dupe. I didn't see the other thread. The other thread does make it clear that there are some alarming potential implications here. A private insurance company in charge of providing or revoking a Constitutional right.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to Massachusetts. Ready to go back to Texas yet?

Yeah and I haven't even moved there yet :( .

Back
Top Bottom