Instructor Killed in AZ by 9 year old firing an Uzi

Given the nature of the facility relying on drive-by tourists (no pun intended) to stop spur of the moment, I have to wonder if the investigation won't uncover "instructors" claiming to be pressured by management to turn away as few people as possible. They seem to be in the business of selling fun and "the experience" to people who may have never held a weapon before. Turning too many away for being potentially unsafe, while prudent, may not be acceptable to the bottom line.

I'm a very capable shooter and I wouldn't handle a full auto Uzi with more than a couple rounds in it to start until I'm comfortable shooting it

I was thinking the same thing... I wouldn't try a mini uzi myself with any more than one round to start, then maybe 2 or 3.

Feel bad that the whole mess happened, but that instructor was just filled with Stupid to allow that kid to take on that firearm.

What ever happened to learning to shoot with a bolt action, single shot .22 like when I was a kid? What's really disturbing is that this has happened more than once the last few years. An this poor kid is traumatized because of sheer stupidity.....

I just saw it on the news... again. they said they wont press charges on the 9 year old. SERIOUSLY [rolleyes]

Given the nature of the facility relying on drive-by tourists (no pun intended) to stop spur of the moment, I have to wonder if the investigation won't uncover "instructors" claiming to be pressured by management to turn away as few people as possible. They seem to be in the business of selling fun and "the experience" to people who may have never held a weapon before. Turning too many away for being potentially unsafe, while prudent, may not be acceptable to the bottom line.

And allowing unsafe shooting for a living may not be acceptable to one sleeping well at night. The company asks you to put safety at risk... what should one do??? I know!!! Keep working there and cross your fingers. A bit too early for blaming the range, eh? Let the lawyers chase the big pockets for now.

A newbie can safely shoot full auto IF under the complete control of the instructor - as many people pointed out already, we do that at car shoots all the time. Sadly in this case, multiple mistakes (no need to list them all... hindsight being 20-20) led to the loss of a life. Time will tell who else might be at fault other than the victim.

My God !!! I saw this video online and was shocked that anyone would hand a full auto weapon to a child. If a child wants to shoot, give them a long barrel 22 caliber.
The girl and family will be haunted by this forever.

I think they should prosecute the child and the parents.......the surviving family should sue them.......
if that kid shot up a school they'd prosecute , regardless of intent, lesser charges still apply..
If i where somehow involved i know i would be both prosecuted and sued;Yet, i wasn't there or involved in any way but i am still suppose to give up my rights "For the children"

Ohh poor her.. to suggest a child doesn't know the consequences of their action is a joke. i don't get what's to feel sorry about. she killed someone and there will be no consequences just a bunch of sympathy and theropy...Ya that's a great lessened learned. we should extend those same consequences to everyone up to 26 years of age like health insurance.

Think i am being a dick? i'm dead serious. It's un american if no one gets sued and the waiver probably covered the business not the customers.

This story is hitting every piece of media around... cnn.com, boston.com, even the local Patch is pitching the story...

Actually now it's the TOP story on cnn.com - actually not a terrible article where they talked to firearms experts who are basically saying what many have already said in this thread: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/arizona-girl-fatal-shooting-accident/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

But what's with the media's fascination? Hundreds of people die every day from bad choices - so they hate guns and this shows guns doing bad things so it gets tons of coverage?

This accident is making the national "news" propaganda. It must be a slow news day. I guess nothing is happening in Ferguson Missouri, or Iraq, or Gaza, or Ukraine, or Liberia, or China..........

My first experience with a firearm was a machinegun when I was 7 five decades ago. Fvck the moonbats.

I think they should prosecute the child and the parents.......the surviving family should sue them.......
if that kid shot up a school they'd prosecute , regardless of intent, lesser charges still apply..
If i where somehow involved i know i would be both prosecuted and sued;Yet, i wasn't there or involved in any way but i am still suppose to give up my rights "For the children"

Ohh poor her.. to suggest a child doesn't know the consequences of their action is a joke. i don't get what's to feel sorry about. she killed someone and there will be no consequences just a bunch of sympathy and theropy...Ya that's a great lessened learned. we should extend those same consequences to everyone up to 26 years of age like health insurance.

Think i am being a dick? i'm dead serious. It's un american if no one gets sued and the waiver probably covered the business not the customers.
Dude, your anger is seriously misplaced. She trusted adults who failed her, she gets ZERO blame in this instance.

I do agree that there is a risk they end up convincing her to be messed up when she may not otherwise. That's what I mean by "getting the help she needs", not garbage programmed guilt.

When I was 12 years old, my dad had me down in the sand pits firing full auto AR-15's and an M-60. Obviously, I was 12 and male so a lot bigger than the little girl in this situation. But I cannot imagine him letting me at his MP-5. I just did not have the skill or the piece of mind to manage it if it went out of control (through my own fault). This instructor was a fool. Especially after the sh!tstorm in 2008 when the 9 year old killed himself with an UZI. So damn stupid. I'm just glad the little girl was OK. She'll have some trauma, but she will get through it. Hopefully.

Dude, your anger is seriously misplaced. She trusted adults who failed her, she gets ZERO blame in this instance.

I do agree that there is a risk they end up convincing her to be messed up when she may not otherwise. That's what I mean by "getting the help she needs", not garbage programmed guilt.

I can point a lot of fingers here...like why was he standing where he was if he wasn't going to put a hand on the gun, why he wasn't behind her with 4 hands on the gun like other have said..
I am just saying "Legaly" which case do you think is better after removing the fact she was 7

I can point a lot of fingers here...like why was he standing where he was if he wasn't going to put a hand on the gun, why he wasn't behind her with 4 hands on the gun like other have said..
I am just saying "Legaly" which case do you think is better after removing the fact she was 7
I don't care about the lawsuits - they are all nonsense then won't bring anyone back or teach anyone anything they don't already know.

Instructor just got tenure at the pine box university for his part.

I don't care about the lawsuits - they are all nonsense then won't bring anyone back or teach anyone anything they don't already know.

Instructor just got tenure at the pine box university for his part.

i agree, and he made some real bad decisions...nearby the instructor lived and the child die in the exact same situation.... should have been turret mounted or laying down with a rifle if the uninitiated are involved. the fact they were/are 7-9 is irreverent, yet sad... there are both men and women, young and old who have died this way.

Finger pointing is what the conservatives will be doing to promote their agenda. If we do the same, we look as bad as the conservative. IMO, it's a tragic incident. /thread

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Finger pointing is what the conservatives will be doing to promote their agenda. If we do the same, we look as bad as the conservative. IMO, it's a tragic incident. /thread

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Do you mean Democrats/liberal? or are you not from the USA, in that case what you said makes sense.

Last edited:

I wish I could sue you for that post.

Legally speaking the range and the instructor own all of this. Period, end, full stop. Even if she was an adult that's how it would pan out, too.

-Mike

Legally speaking the range and the instructor own all of this. Period, end, full stop. Even if she was an adult that's how it would pan out, too.

-Mike

If someone got a lawyer, they would sue all parties, you could probably find a lawyer to sue me for my comments here.

Back
Top Bottom