Instructor Killed in AZ by 9 year old firing an Uzi

"Instructor" seems to mean something else the way it's used in this story. 9 year old holding a full auto at a tourist attraction, no one else helping to hold the gun. Darwin is proud. Sadly the parents watching this happening didn't also get shot in the head.

while the comments are dumb, giving an uzi to a 9 year old to shoot is pretty damn stupid unless you're loading one at a time for her.

Ditto. I only put one round in a gun if I even remotely think there is an issue with a new shooter. It's how I taught wife and my kids.

Nobody has reported what the skill level of the child was as a shooter.

I assume the "instructor" made a decision to allow her to shoot FA based on observation of her abilities. If he didn't then he was foolish and payed a dear price.

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2

Nobody has reported what the skill level of the child was as a shooter.

I assume the "instructor" made a decision to allow her to shoot FA based on observation of her abilities. If he didn't then he was foolish and payed a dear price.

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2
True. The article was fairly vague, as most are.

Or it may have been a case like @ Westfield where the RO didn't want the kid to rattle the mini Uzi but the parent insisted.........

Sad all around.

So I read the comments.

Someone says this (responding to gun nuts being the death of us):
"As long as they continue to be the death of themselves, I'm cool with it."

And later says this:
"I've taken my kids to shooting ranges since they were younger than her. Now, neither my husband nor myself ever allowed youngsters to handle any weapon, loaded or unloaded till they were old enough to take and follow direction. It's not irresponsible to take children to a firing range, it's the height of irresponsibility to allow them to not only handle loaded weapons but to also shoot any."

And then this:
"I have ZERO respect for any adult that deliberately puts a loaded assault weapon in a 9 yr olds hands and allows her to pull the trigger. I'm positive that as a Veteran, he's seen first hand what happens when weapons are in the hands of people that shouldn't have gone near them. Bet he had a big grin on his face till it was shot off."

..dafuq?

Yeah, the comments made me ill as well. And that's a hell of a big 9mm cartridge in the photo. Tragic accident brought on by questionable judgment, as are most.

Uzi seems to be developing a bad rap with children...

Yeah weird. It's almost like little kids don't possess the skills or knowledge to control a shitty gun with a high cyclic rate and short barrel.

This is like handing a kid an 880 Stihl and telling him to go cut some trees down while you stand back and watch.

If this involved a mini or a micro uzi then whoever owns that place is ****ing retarded. It's stupid to have either of those as a rental gun even for unqualified adults, nevermind allowing children to shoot it.

-Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVe6e5JXlk

Theres the video.

And I always load a single round when teaching somebody a new caliber. Not only due to recoil, but excitement. Some people forget all rules of safety when learning to shoot and may turn around to express their excitement regardless of how many times you hammered the Basic Three into their skulls. It's human nature to make mistakes when adrenaline is pumping.

By the way, is that a 7.62 x 54r in the article"s picture? Mighty big rim and cartridge for a nine milli dont ya think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom