• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Inland's new M37 trench gun

Damn that's nice. But you're right, that's a pretty high MSRP it seems. Think it'll be up to par with quality of a browning or beretta ?

Too damn expensive. I have two Norinco 99's (copies- cowboy versions without the bayonet and heat shield) if anyone is interested in trading for one of them. Nice guns- slam fire fun all around.

You can buy a shotgun,heat shield,and park a shotgun for half of what they are asking.

Jeez at that price you think it was built with surplus original parts....wtf
Maybe they are trying to make up for the lack of sales on the M1 carbine?

MSRP is a number you never see something for sale at. It'll be about 950-999 I'd guess.

Real deal is at least 2x the msrp.

Makes me wonder what an original trench gun sells for.
october's guns & ammo did an article on this inland ithaca 37 trench gun repro. the article author, garry james, quotes the blue book value of 98% original guns at $20k and a vietnam era 37 at $8,500. i guess plain old military "riot" guns run around $6k.

MSRP is a number you never see something for sale at. It'll be about 950-999 I'd guess.

Real deal is at least 2x the msrp.

and they cant even throw in a 20$ reproduction bayo?

my buddy built a reproduction trnch gun. Found a 37 for 350$ and 150$ for the reproduction heat shield bayo lug. he did a good job matching the new shield with the nicely worn gun.
I sent him link to this and now he is kicking himself for not ordering more shields at a quantity discount and buying 37s when he seen them..

How are the new production 37s?

I have an Ithaca 87 Deer Slayer Police Special that I paid $250.00 for. Spent about another $75.00 to replace the Choate plastic stock with original wood. Pretty much the same gun, only a lot cheaper.

New ithica 37 sporting shotguns cost $800 off their website. Already a steep price for a pump.

The Ithaca pump design is an old one and more expensive to manufacture than most. Which is why the Ithaca gun company has struggled off and on. It's a nice gun but has to compete against guns that work well at 1/3 to 1/2 the price.

I like Ithacas, but that price is way too high. Especially for a retro tacticool gun. For can original, I guess collectors will be collectors, but not for a repro.
Seems about as legit as the M-forgeries I see everyone with that have all the latest bells and whistles.
Enjoy it if you want, but not for me.

I like my little 37. The slam fire is good for disposing of unwanted shells...in a general direction down range.

Had one in Vietnam, I very much liked the slam/boom...can't say the enemy did....lol

I have a barrel to cut down and a bayonet lug/shroud on order. This will be a trench gun. It may have been in the past but I need to dig into it more.

Back
Top Bottom