Information on Danvers Fish and Game Club?

My buddy and I were interested in learning about the Danvers Fish & Game Club, possibly joining immediately. However, two of the numbers listed are out of service and the third is a private line. Does anyone have any contact information or have they gone out of business? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have heard good and bad about Danvers...I joined Andover Sportsman's Club...better hours available to shoot indoors and out, range officer not required the all time, multiple ranges, archery and trap. No sponsorship necessary, get everything online at www.andoversportsmensclub.org. Some real nice people belong...open to the public sunday mornings for trap shooting...stop b y and see for yourself.

I'm a member there. Since it is the only range I have ever belonged to, I like it by default.

Indoor pistol range (no magnum loads)
Indoor archery
Outdoor archery with 2D and 3D targets
Catch and release fly fishing trout pond
Picnic area with BBQ pit
Cowboy action shooting
100 yard outdoor rifle (with berms at 25 and 50 yards)
Outdoor pistol range
Skeet & trap fields

I have the newsletter kicking around somewhere. I can dig it up and give you some phone numbers if you are interested.

PM me if you are interested.

They are also sending a forth family member to the Junior Conservation Camp, I have won a Rifle in the past as well.

From what I have heard (and this information could be entirely wrong) but the only time you could shoot at Danvers was if a Range Safety Officer was present. And when the discussion continued, I came to find out that range safety officers are not there all that often, something like 10-2 M-F. I could be totally wrong, but I would definitely look into it before joining.

I went down the street to Hamilton Wenham Rod and Gun Club and have never looked back. Daylight access to the shooting ranges, 25m pistol range, 100m rifle range, archery range, catch and release pond stocked with trout, and trap shooting with other club members Sunday and Wednesday mornings. If you take your initiation at the shotgun range, you get total access to one of the traps to use when you please.

Every guy I have met there has been very nice, accommodating and very good natured. I highly recommend the club.

Back
Top Bottom