Incendiary ammunition

short answer is no--- cause I have looked for a long time and never have seen them at any shop.

The following doesn't make a lot of sense, but here it is:

"Chapter 131: Section 64. Automatic firearms, machine guns or bows; use of tracer ammunition

"Section 64. A person shall not use for hunting purposes any type of full automatic firearm, machine gun or submachine gun, or any crossbow, except as provided in section 69, nor use any tracer or incendiary ammunition for hunting or outdoor target shooting purposes except on a skeet, trap, or target range. "

The following doesn't make a lot of sense, but here it is:

"Chapter 131: Section 64. Automatic firearms, machine guns or bows; use of tracer ammunition

"Section 64. A person shall not use for hunting purposes any type of full automatic firearm, machine gun or submachine gun, or any crossbow, except as provided in section 69, nor use any tracer or incendiary ammunition for hunting or outdoor target shooting purposes except on a skeet, trap, or target range. "

Is this quote making a distinction between shooting tracers in my backyard (...outdoor target shooting) and shooting at an official range (...target range). If such is the case the quote would seem to allow tracers?

Theres a difference between tracers and incendiary ammunition and both are legal to own and shoot in Ma, you just can't hunt with them.

They are also both fire hazards when shot outdoors so be ready to run down range and have some kind of firefighting tools with you. Tracers often separate from the rear of the bullets on impact and can go in any direction.

If I were to shoot tracers, it would be on a rainy day for sure.

If you do use tracers, I suggest doing it right after it has just rained for a while.

Will Four Season's let me have some tracers from GunBroker shipped in?

Somewhere else?

What do you think?

If I had a box, I'd be praying for rain.

I do NOT recommend their use in these parts. NO club that I'm aware of allows them and the reasons are all the same . . . risk of fire.

They are sold at all the gun shows, but as I said, unless you have a PURE SANDPIT (no brush to burn) I would not recommend using them. Too easy to make the 11PM News and it wouldn't be good.

I've seen tracer rounds (granted they were for a .22) at AFS... though it odd myself.

But I guess I have to wonder (other then just because) why?

I personally would like to shoot them again, "just because", but would be too concerned with the risk of fire.

If anybody finds 223 tracer rounds let me know... pm is appreciated.
Not shipped but actually purchase somewhere :)

If anybody finds 223 tracer rounds let me know... pm is appreciated.
Not shipped but actually purchase somewhere :)

Just about any gun show that has more than 2 or 3 ammo dealers will
invariably have "some guy" selling some linked ammo that has tracers in
it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom