In America, talk turns to something unspoken for 150 years: Civil war

I don't see bread lines.

I dont see 70% taxation. Maybe when you add up all the taxes (excise, home, income...) it adds up to that, but the majority of people say they dont like it and move on.

Gun confiscation - Besides a group of people during Katrina, I haven't seen this. Where is this happening?

I think if someone proposed full blown gun confiscation, you might have a few gun owners shoot people, but you wont have groups organizing as militias and fighting the government to establish a new government. These groups wouldn't accomplish anything without backing from powerful people. Business is good now, who will back them?

70% tax rates are proposed by AOC

Google ERPO and look at CA laws if you think there's no confiscation.

Google 209a in MA....talk about confiscation.

When the banks collapse ebt cards stop working.

FIFY

If you think our form of government is weak then you've never been close to someone/witnessed the consequences of being on the receiving end of corrupt government officials and the limitless resources they have to persecute a person.

There's a reason why the expression "You can indite a ham sandwich" exists.

Right but that's an individual stuck in a giant government pig pile not half the country wants to kill the other half of the country. If the caldera under Yellowstone erupted tomorrow killing millions and causing widespread violence as people struggled to survive I could see a civil war breaking out. If there were a viral pandemic that was killing enough people to cause our technological civilization to crack up then I can see a civil war breaking out for the remaining natural resources. But for a nation to go to war with itself over food stamps and tax rates? It ain't gonna happen.

70% tax rates are proposed by AOC

Google ERPO and look at CA laws if you think there's no confiscation.

Google 209a in MA....talk about confiscation.

FIFY

Those are always against individuals. Now if the government issued an ERPO or 209a for all gun owners in the US that would be a different story. That might be worth going to war for.

Civil unrest / war will come not because of pay inequity, racism, or any of the other derogatory categorizations of the left. Nor will it come due to the political differences between the right and the left. It will come because the left in ever increasing numbers view the right, especially whites, as sub-human. The logical reason to foster such an inane premise is to justify the removal of the bill of right protections from our society so that government may use force without constraint against any who oppose the official government line. We can see the beginnings of this in the Antifa, BLM, and other radical groups engaging in violence and protests against individual citizens with the intention to dehumanize, intimidate and silence their political voice. We also see that government is excessively corrupt….officials openly disregard the constitution….violate laws….regularly act against the will of the electorate to cater to campaign dollars and the “party line”. It will not be a single issue that starts the next civil war but many issues exacerbated by party self interest and government malfeasance coupled with the lack of interest in the left to protect the common person from criminal harm.
Exactly! I think if u add a massive power outage to that we will lose all lot of those weak, pink haired people who wouldn’t even know how to dig a hole to shit in.

Currently, 80% of ALL taxes is being paid by 20% of the population.

Implement the proverbial "millionaire/billionaire tax and the weathiest will just leave the country.....go look at the bloviation/butt hurt coming out of NY/Cuomo about this currently and watch what NY does about it........give you a hint....people are fleeing NY and other progressive states for exactly this reason.

Progressives are figuring this out and its why the crazy plans are coming out of the closet.....they need to implement a top down VAT and tax the living shit out of middle class in order to fund their kooky ideas and even then it wont be solvent because they're trying to flood the country with low skill people who make nothing......ie no tax value......

The road map is cuba/venezuela etc....the only way they remain in power is to take away the means of resistance which is why they are making a mad dash for gun control

I have this nagging feeling that people will look back on historical events and realize that the conflict was well under way in 2019......it was just that the shooting hadnt started yet....all the stuff that progressives are proposing have no basis in the constitution.......
D

Implement the proverbial "millionaire/billionaire tax and the weathiest will just leave the country.....go look at the bloviation/butt hurt coming out of NY/Cuomo about this currently and watch what NY does about it........give you a hint....people are fleeing NY and other progressive states for exactly this reason.

Progressives are figuring this out and its why the crazy plans are coming out of the closet.....they need to implement a top down VAT and tax the living shit out of middle class in order to fund their kooky ideas and even then it wont be solvent because they're trying to flood the country with low skill people who make nothing......ie no tax value......

The road map is cuba/venezuela etc....the only way they remain in power is to take away the means of resistance which is why they are making a mad dash for gun control

I have this nagging feeling that people will look back on historical events and realize that the conflict was well under way in 2019......it was just that the shooting hadnt started yet....all the stuff that progressives are proposing have no basis in the constitution.......

Don’t you love how Cuomo went groveling to Trump about the loss of tax revenue with the new tax laws? Waaa! I would have loved to be in the room when Trump told him that was the plan, paybacks a beetch. NY is trying to take down Trump with bogus investigations and their Governor whines to the President about taxes? Trump is a lifetime NYC resident and they turned on him.
Dems advocate violence against us and the only way to stop it is to show them that we’re better at it than they are. Remember, they started it.

5 years ago I’d have thought this was crazy tinfoil talk. It’s shocking how fast things are progressing. Trump winning was not the cause, but he was the first major symptom.

I see the biggest problem that should be tackled first is the ever-increasing national debt. Instead of bashing Trump, our elected officials should work across party lines to get this debt under control. I do not want my two daughters and their future offspring to inherit this burden. The Soviet Union was defeated by debt, not violence. If we don't watch out, we'll be next. Hard to fight a civil war with no cash in your wallet and no food in your stomach.

I see the biggest problem that should be tackled first is the ever-increasing national debt. Instead of bashing Trump, our elected officials should work across party lines to get this debt under control. I do not want my two daughters and their future offspring to inherit this burden. The Soviet Union was defeated by debt, not violence. If we don't watch out, we'll be next. Hard to fight a civil war with no cash in your wallet and no food in your stomach.

Agreed. The bill will come due eventually and this country will have to pay the piper.

As it is our grandchildren will be paying the bill.

Bob

5 years ago I’d have thought this was crazy tinfoil talk. It’s shocking how fast things are progressing. Trump winning was not the cause, but he was the first major symptom.

Obama was the first major symptom with his racial division and race politics. Black Lies Matter and the war on Police, guns, white folks, Western Civilization, etc. Trump is the result of Obama’s divisive reign. Dems will never get over their devastating loss and things will never be the same in American politics. Dems have declared the opposition evil and corrupt (us) and have tacked so far left their is no room for discussion and compromise. When Trump is re- elected ( did you watch his speech at CPAC) they will have no choice except a coup/ impeachment or rioting and destruction of us. Remember, the swamp (FBI/DOJ) are supportive of the left and sure as hell don’t want 6 more years of President Donald J Trump. Winston Churchill said,” We love in interesting times”.

Trump is the result of Obama’s divisive reign. Dems will never get over their devastating loss and things will never be the same in American politics.

To them - and this is what they were taught - it was supposed to be an inevitable march. It was Her Turn, and she was to take over and take it to the next stage. This is why they're having such a tantrum.

As for the division: even I've noticed I'm policing my speech, and that's very unlike me. With certain people, I can be be more open; with most, not so much. And on topics political, not bawdy.

To them - and this is what they were taught - it was supposed to be an inevitable march. It was Her Turn, and she was to take over and take it to the next stage. This is why they're having such a tantrum.

As for the division: even I've noticed I'm policing my speech, and that's very unlike me. With certain people, I can be be more open; with most, not so much. And on topics political, not bawdy.
Correct!

I think the left is making a mad dash for gun control simply because they received a metric ton of money from Bloomberg and his organizations and now they have to produce even if it turns out to be a symbolic vote just exactly like the NRA does on the other side of the equation. It will just be TV political ad fodder "So and so has opposed common sense gun reforms" etc. As far as taxes, I pay more than my fair share. I may not be a 1%er but I make enough to know what the sh*t end of the stick feels like. In a little over a week I get my annual bonus and stock options from my company, the one day of the year when I can say I will earn more than the average American for one days worth of work. If more people received a single check for the year and saw how badly they were getting screwed then more people would complain, but these guys are smart. They aren't going to grab for millionaire taxes, they need millionaires to show up at their $2000/plate dinner parties and they will never kill the golden money cow. What they will do is to nickel and dime everyone else with fees, taxes and regulations until they get sick of it and vote in some new politicians who promise to stop it except they won't either. In the end, none of that is worth picking up a rifle and tossing tea into Boston Harbor over.

As far as "all the stuff that progressives are proposing have no basis in the constitution", I couldn't agree more. But we have a weird court system now. The blue areas have blue courts and the rest of the country has red courts. We have god awful lazy politicians who can pontificate endlessly at the dias and in the end deliver nothing all while getting a pat on the back for being a nice guy. I think in the end the country votes for divided government like we have, not because they want things to happen but because they want nothing to happen.

I'm glad that Kavanaugh is on the court, and frankly worried at the same time. In the end the supreme court can send instructions to the lower courts on how to interpret gun rights with written instructions, diagrams, etc. The blue courts (like the 9th circuit) are going to throw it all away and vote their own way. That to me is the real danger that the left brings to this country, judicial activism, ignoring precedent, etc. This alone is the single solitary reason to keep voting for Donald Trump. To keep radicals off the court.

The only thing I can see being a problem is the government printing it's way out of debt and in turn putting us on the fast track to a quick death. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some people actually wanted this to happen because they don't like what we have become, but a hyper inflation outcome is going to be a lot lot worse than anything we have today. So barring a sudden ice age, a massive volcanic eruption, asteroid collision, massive inflation that causes widespread shortages and possible loss of our defense capabilities or a viral pandemic there isn't much that would trigger a civil war. That's just my hot take.

Both sides will ignore the debt til it explodes. Taxes won’t fix it, it’s way too big now. Only 2 ways out - Zimbabwe style inflation or a debt jubilee. But it can drag on a long time, look at Japan.

Best way to prepare your family is to acquire hard assets- gold, real estate, Colt Pythons etc. the dollar is way overvalued, and will probably get even stronger before it pops, so use those dollars to buy real stuff.

That which can’t be paid, won’t be paid.

Civil war, think about how awful that would be? Think about what $hit would have to go down before you'd shoot your neighbor or your brother. I understand the chasim that has formed both ideologically and economically but I do believe at some point the right people will rally around America and its constitution and come to an agreement. I am not ready to write us off to civil war and all the suffering it would bring. Call me a pu$$y, I don't care. It's easy to say the garden of freedom grows with the blood of those opposing it until there's so much blood nothing grows. Yeah....very philosophical tonight...blame the dam NyQuil....feeling like crap....what commons are we rallying on?

Both sides will ignore the debt til it explodes. Taxes won’t fix it, it’s way too big now. Only 2 ways out - Zimbabwe style inflation or a debt jubilee. But it can drag on a long time, look at Japan.

Best way to prepare your family is to acquire hard assets- gold, real estate, Colt Pythons etc. the dollar is way overvalued, and will probably get even stronger before it pops, so use those dollars to buy real stuff.
Real estate is a bit of a catch 22. 49 states have real estate taxes. They can raise them pastvyour ability to pay them. And then you lose the property. But perhaps then the guns come out. Either way, I’m with you. They ain’t making any more land except in Hawaii.

Civil war, think about how awful that would be? Think about what $hit would have to go down before you'd shoot your neighbor or your brother. I understand the chasim that has formed both ideologically and economically but I do believe at some point the right people will rally around America and its constitution and come to an agreement. I am not ready to write us off to civil war and all the suffering it would bring. Call me a pu$$y, I don't care. It's easy to say the garden of freedom grows with the blood of those opposing it until there's so much blood nothing grows. Yeah....very philosophical tonight...blame the dam NyQuil....feeling like crap....what commons are we rallying on?
I agree. Civil war will be awful. No more warm bed. No more hot meals. No more abundant liquor.

But throughout history, it’s a common event. But maybe not so common as just sliding into the abyss like Venezuela, Russia, Zimbabwe and countless others.

We may get to see which way it goes in our lifetime. Neither is very palatable, but one or the other has to happen to save humanity.

Real estate is a bit of a catch 22. 49 states have real estate taxes. They can raise them pastvyour ability to pay them. And then you lose the property. But perhaps then the guns come out. Either way, I’m with you. They ain’t making any more land except in Hawaii.

I'm thinking real estate in Idaho. :) Didn't they pass a law that Federal gun laws don't apply in Idaho?

Just saw a commercial for “impeach Trump now!” Campaign on TV. Some super PAC want it befor the “report” is out. All I could think of is they really want a civil war.

But the real question boils down to a personal one I asked previously.....what are YOU going to do when Ocasio Cotex and her green new deal people come knocking and try to throw you out of your home and demolish it because its not "Green new deal compliant" and you dont have 600k to rebuild it in a compliant manner?

1. FIFY
2. Rent a backhoe for the clean up?

Back
Top Bottom