• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Importing percussion derringers from the European Union.

mousegunguy

NES Member
DD1EB11A-BE03-4BCE-A830-165EAF5F68C5.png I collect old/odd percussion gun. I found a company called ‘great guns’ in Czech that make 2 shot percussion derringers in 9mm, 45 and 54.
I contacted the manufacturer and a few distributors in Europe that sell them. They say they don’t have the permit to ship to the USA.
Any ideas on how I can add these guns to my collection?

What I would really love is for Trump to lift the Import Ban on certain County's Surplus/Current Rifles...

Let the Saigas flow!

IMG_1058_exportr-1024x682.jpg

Does the physical size restriction on importation apply to black powder arms too ???

If so, then importation is disallowed under GCA68, so good luck trying to get around that one.

The Pietta percussion revolvers are imported from Italy. Are these that different?
Where they are made the only restriction to owning one is you must be over 18, same as here.

Similar stuff is sold here: Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.
I have a Leinad BP in .451 that is similar and sold here as well.
I own the Pendersoli Guardian- pretty cool to mess with.
Which model leinad derringer do you have?
They make single barrel, sxs, sxs 11inch, o/u and .45 5 shot. They all seem like they could be fun.
The ‘great guns derringers’ seem to be of higher quality than the Cobray/leinad derringers.

First question is are they firearms. I don't think MA would consider them firearms, what does the ATF say.

First question is are they firearms. I don't think MA would consider them firearms, what does the ATF say.
They are black powder percussion guns. As far as i know they are considered non guns by the feds and most states.
Where they are made in Czechoslovakia they is no permitting required, just have to be of age.

Which model leinad derringer do you have?
They make single barrel, sxs, sxs 11inch, o/u and .45 5 shot. They all seem like they could be fun.
The ‘great guns derringers’ seem to be of higher quality than the Cobray/leinad derringers.
I have the guardian, which shoots a .17 pellet with a shotgun primer and a little vaseline behind the pellet. THere are Youtube videos showing people in Europe chronographing them. The leinads are simple but built like tanks and they go bang. I have a model D in black powder and the parts are still available at Excaliber online. I also have the 11 inch .410 and the 3 inch .410... The 11 inch .410 has a .22 barrel insert as well.

Back
Top Bottom