Important Hunter Harassment Info

GoPro cameras, walk down to the PETA people and video them. Shove the cameras, politely, right in their faces. And as far as the drones are concerned, can you get crowd-control net loads for a 12 gauge? Bring it down without malicious intent. And then keep it. :D

How about some hunter harassment in Plainville. My truck two weeks ago on opening day of duck season. I can't go into specifics on who did this because its an active investigation. I can say there was more than one hunters truck who got it and his was WAY worse.

2013-10-19113234_zpsfc587b6a.jpg

Please tell me you went and got an estimate on fixing that and forwarded it to the policing agency.

I had a trailer slide down the side of my truck, 350 HD edition (lots of crappy stickers). To fix it would cost over $2k if done right. I don't know the limits as to when things bump from misdemeanor to felony but it might get some more attention.

Wow people are dumb. I would definitely beat someones head in if they did that to my vehicle. You may be a better man than I for litigating.

So I'm going to hazard a guess that these things operate on a very specific frequency band. Yep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-controlled_aircraft#Frequencies_and_sub-channels

I wonder how hard it would be to infiltrate their batshit group and jam their expensive aircraft from a safe distance. I love animals, love biology and zoology, and if anyone harmed my cat... well, let's just say that it would be a bad idea. But PETA is insane. They remind me of MAIG. I'm convinced that they are all mentally ill and need help.

And I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=narKcWRIJL8

We need hunters to keep things in balance. PETA does not understand that. Do you really LOVE animals?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, once again a non-gov org gets gov sanction, and soon you'll have no choice but to join the AMA if you wish to participate in this hobby.

Can't abide that behavior. Sorry.[/QUOTE

I wouldn't say the AMA is sanctioned. The FAA has just decided to leave AMA members and the association alone because of the past safe track record and the rules the AMA members abide by. To avoid paying about $50 in yearly dues to cover one with liability insurance and following a few simple rules to prevent the FAA from banning the hobby of flying RC is what your saying you can't abide by?

People who use FPV to spy on others or to fly and endanger others are a problem. I know of some people flying quads, larger aircraft, and park flyers that think nothing of crashing into other people's property like cars and houses then just leaving the scene.

One of the AMA rules is your name, address, phone, etc., has to be inside the aircraft in case it crashes into someone or someones property. Of course non AMA people don't do that and again, can just walk away if something happens. Ask yourself, if someone crashed their model aircraft into your property, did thousands in damage, and you couldn't find out who it was, would you be happy. This is the reason most schools won't let RC planes fly on school property anymore. RC planes have crashed into school buildings causing thousands in roof and rain damage (the planes are usually found after the leak in the rubber roof is discovered and the water damage has happened)

If someone owns a lot of land and flies off their own property then they don't need to be a AMA member as the chance of damage to other property is less likely. People using others' land to fly, whether it private or public should be an AMA member to not only protect themselves but the landowner or the victims of the possible damage.

I wouldn't say the AMA is sanctioned. The FAA has just decided to leave AMA members and the association alone because of the past safe track record and the rules the AMA members abide by. To avoid paying about $50 in yearly dues to cover one with liability insurance and following a few simple rules to prevent the FAA from banning the hobby of flying RC is what your saying you can't abide by?

People who use FPV to spy on others or to fly and endanger others are a problem. I know of some people flying quads, larger aircraft, and park flyers that think nothing of crashing into other people's property like cars and houses then just leaving the scene.

One of the AMA rules is your name, address, phone, etc., has to be inside the aircraft in case it crashes into someone or someones property. Of course non AMA people don't do that and again, can just walk away if something happens. Ask yourself, if someone crashed their model aircraft into your property, did thousands in damage, and you couldn't find out who it was, would you be happy. This is the reason most schools won't let RC planes fly on school property anymore. RC planes have crashed into school buildings causing thousands in roof and rain damage (the planes are usually found after the leak in the rubber roof is discovered and the water damage has happened)

If someone owns a lot of land and flies off their own property then they don't need to be a AMA member as the chance of damage to other property is less likely. People using others' land to fly, whether it private or public should be an AMA member to not only protect themselves but the landowner or the victims of the possible damage.

And how long before the FAA requires people to be part of AMA to fly? This is the same core idea here, centralized gov control proxyied through an ostensibly private organization, that gives us that other AMA, the American Medical Association, the BAR, the ADA, etc., etc., that lock up other people's right to choose.

That is the problem I have with what you're saying.

It would be trivial to outfit a quadrtor with breakaway "landing legs" lined in filament tape; use it to foul a prop on the anti-hunter's drone. Harass the harassers, just get a lot of practice in before heading to the field, and watch out for friendly fire.

Seriously, there have already been at least 4 successful shootdowns of animal activist quadrotors.

Sounds like target practice to me

I don't hunt and have no problems with those who do, but I would go hunting just to go take one of them down and put it on the wall,

P.s I love flying RC planes but from the looks of it they would be fun to shoot at too

Slightly more expensive than the usual skeet target, but I'm tempted everytime walk down the toy aisle in HF:
29vi921.jpg

PETA video drone: $325
RC plane from Harbor Freight: $32 (After coupon)
Crashing said airplane into their 10x pricier hunter harassment drone: Priceless

Not sure where to post this but it needs to get out there

This video was shot by an offshoot of PETA called Air Angels. It was shot here in Massachusetts at Erwin Wilder WMA in Norton. I have a call into the Game Warden to let them know about it, it is clearly "Hunter Harassment" and we need to spread the word so everyone knows this is out there...

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJz-X7Y_fLc

Here is a story on their news page:
http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/...nters-watch-out-peta-s-drones-are-flying.aspx

[angry]

Slightly more expensive than the usual skeet target, but I'm tempted everytime walk down the toy aisle in HF:
29vi921.jpg

PETA video drone: $325
RC plane from Harbor Freight: $32 (After coupon)
Crashing said airplane into their 10x pricier hunter harassment drone: Priceless

Oh there is some Realy cheep foam stuff out there too and many build there own from other cheep glider planes, but the motors and servos are the real expense, a good scavenger and handy man with glue can get 3-4 flights from one gone down range

It would be really interesting to see what happens if one strikes a person. Being part of AMA, there is insurance and other types of legal representation. I know first hand, a few year back, my friend had a plane and lost control of it, we think the battery became dis-connected and struck a person. They tried to sue him, but thankfully the AMA stepped in and he had insurance and a lawyer on his behalf.

I like how they call for a strong conservation ethic...because anyone with any real knowledge of conservation knows hunting is important for wildlife management. I will give PETA credit for finding eye candy.

shoot enough of them down and people will eventually stop buying them. nobody likes to lose their expensive toys - even moonbats

Seriously, this is amazing news. Drones for me to hunt? Really? Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming. No, wait, don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up!!! In the real world I have to shoot silent, fast pigeons, way harder than loud drones, plus, when I shoot a pigeon I've taken a life, but when I shoot a drone I know somewhere there is a pissed off guy! Seriously the only way this could get better is if the thing rained candy on me like a pinata when hit...

Damn... I just looked at the pictures on their page - I think I saw one of those over Haskell Swamp in Rochester this last Saturday. It looked like a plane. I remember saying to myself damn the pilot thinks he's a hot shot because he's flying low, making tight turns, etc. From far off it looks like an airplane... Maybe it wasn't one of their drones. But it looked an awful lot like the picture.

These drones aren't unique to PETA -- not every drone of that style is one of theirs, not every drone flyer is out to harass hunters.
x1aclu.jpg

Seriously, this is amazing news. Drones for me to hunt? Really? Someone pinch me, I think I'm dreaming. No, wait, don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up!!! In the real world I have to shoot silent, fast pigeons, way harder than loud drones, plus, when I shoot a pigeon I've taken a life, but when I shoot a drone I know somewhere there is a pissed off guy! Seriously the only way this could get better is if the thing rained candy on me like a pinata when hit...

ha ha, this is great, maybe they could fill it with skittles?

Back
Top Bottom