Important Hunter Harassment Info

During WWII the Germans developed an air turbulence cannon. The theory was to bring down a plane using a blast of turbulence. But they could not make it work over the ranges a plane would be flying at. But iirc they did get it to work. This would be a perfect application as the distances and the size of the drone would be perfect.
Why the hassle? Birdshot, and a heartfelt apology in form of an erected middle finger is all it takes. 00 buck would make sure that the thing is down and stays down, tho. We need to stop being nice. I'm tired of the crap of the Whiney, pussyfied hippie crowd.

You are right about the 00Buck, But in That state they can not possess Buck shot or slugs in the field, where birds or mammals may be found, except during the shotgun season for deer, or a recognized range. So Number shot is the best you can do.

Look at the pictures of the drone. They look very cheap, and for $325 (even if Peta is subsidizing them) they don't look like they would survive even with birdshot.

I submitted a comment on the youtube video thanking them for posting evidence of the crimes and that we had reported them to the MA Environmental Police. Then I called the EPOs to add my voice to the chorus.

I bet Mass F&W hasn't got the balls to get an injunction on this, Even though MGL Chapter 131 sec 5C provides for it.

the green cops were there and did nothing, and also warned hunters of arrest if the drones were shot at (destruction of property) this will not end well for the PETA crew...

A few non-obvious ways to take these down yaknow...but probably just as illegal as shooting them. When I started flying I flew using 2.4Ghz control and video....I crashed a few times due to other peoples 2.4 gear (cordless phones, wireless security cams, wifi routers etc.) interfering with my signal...I then switched to 1.2Ghz video and 433Mhz RC control....I then started crashing when I got to close to HAM radio operators in my area!

I guess what I'm getting at is, most all of these cheaper drones use 2.3-2.4 Ghz for both the RC control and live video link.....while I'm not sure of the legality, a wireless "jammer" in the 2.3-2.5Ghz range (there are many "wifi jammer" instructables on the net) would certainly drop them from the sky once you turned it on, that is considering the craft uses 2.4ghz and also does not have a failsafe autopilot (even then, if you included jamming the 1.5Ghz GPS frequency, the autopilot would fail and at best the plane would crash right away, at worst it would just fly away in whatever direction it was going when you started jamming, till it's battery ran out, then it would crash into whatever was underneath it, a house, car, kid...no good I guess) You of course would have full deniability, especially since the equipment FPV pilots use is always "macgyvered" from components from other sectors, we experience random control/video loss and crashes pretty often...the PITA pilots would probably not even suspect they were jammed.

Well that was mildly uncomfortable explaining to my gun friends how to electronically crap on all my FPV friends! People like these PITA asshats who want to use drones for asshattery like this deserve to crash and burn though. I know a nice 3.5" turkey load would be much cheaper and easier than a jammer, but I feel like if the last video frame captured before going black is the view down a 12G barrel, it might make us gun guys a lil bad too :)

Anyone shoots any gun at me whilst I'm in a canoe (or anywhere really), gets aimed return fire, regardless of the caliber used to shoot at me. Wisconsin has self defense laws and there is no option to "retreat" in a canoe.

Always carry a round with range, like a slug.

Those hunters failed.

How about some hunter harassment in Plainville. My truck two weeks ago on opening day of duck season. I can't go into specifics on who did this because its an active investigation. I can say there was more than one hunters truck who got it and his was WAY worse.

2013-10-19113234_zpsfc587b6a.jpg

Van Hawkinson | (715) 458-2055 | Cameron, Wisconsin, United States

www.salespider.com › United States › Wisconsin‎

Van Hawkinson is a person with phone number (715) 458-2055 and is located in Cameron, Wisconsin, United States.

1548 19 1/4 St, Cameron, WI 54822

Last edited:
the green cops were there and did nothing, and also warned hunters of arrest if the drones were shot at (destruction of property) this will not end well for the PETA crew...

How do you know they were there?

I spoke with the game warden today and told him the story, he had heard something about it already. I gave him the web pages where he could see the video himself, because he didn't witness it. He said they will try and build a hunter harassment case, but they need to catch them in the act. If you see these people contact the EPO dispatch and have them send an officer down.

On another note, all Wildlife Managements Areas are open to the public year round, for any non prohibited activities. This is something we need to get changed, after all it is our (Hunters) wildlands dollars that purchases these areas. We need these places closed to anyone but licensed hunters, their kids, or any youths that may go along hunting, from the beginning of Bird season to the end of Muzzleloader deer season.

On another note, all Wildlife Managements Areas are open to the public year round, for any non prohibited activities. This is something we need to get changed, after all it is our (Hunters) wildlands dollars that purchases these areas. We need these places closed to anyone but licensed hunters, their kids, or any youths that may go along hunting, from the beginning of Bird season to the end of Muzzleloader deer season.

Lol! Good luck getting that one past the Liberal Moonbattery even though it makes complete sense...

Did anyone happen to get the name of the EPO who witnessed hunter harrassement and refused to act?
And also warned the hunters not to do anything?
Sounds like aiding the commission of a crime to me.

It is my understanding that when flying FPV (first person view) that the aircraft cannot be flown out of line of sight. This is an agreement made by the AMA (Academy of model aeronautics) with the FAA. If the pilot is using this aircraft with on-board camera and flying by using the camera as his sight, then flies beyond where he can physically see the aircraft then that is illegal. As far as the radio go, even a cheap 2.4 RC system is almost impossible to jamb as an outside frequency cannot break the code that the transmitter and receiver have been bound with. The range for a decent system is at least one mile.
I know of one RC club in Dartmouth that used state land to fly on and they were not allowed to renew their contract with the state. The state said that they no longer wanted RC aircraft flown on WMA land. There is currently another club down on Cape Cod using WMA land and they are in a constant battle to keep their field. The provide a lot for the state with constant upkeep on the property which has kept the state from kicking them out so far.
I believe that these people operating these drones should be easy enough to find and detained there until a EPO can get there. I would like to bring my own RC aircraft and take theirs out. I have one designed for combat made out of coroplast and it can virtually run through any other type of aircraft. It would be pretty cool to cut them things down and just claim a model air to air disaster!

It is my understanding that when flying FPV (first person view) that the aircraft cannot be flown out of line of sight. This is an agreement made by the AMA (Academy of model aeronautics) with the FAA. If the pilot is using this aircraft with on-board camera and flying by using the camera as his sight, then flies beyond where he can physically see the aircraft then that is illegal. As far as the radio go, even a cheap 2.4 RC system is almost impossible to jamb as an outside frequency cannot break the code that the transmitter and receiver have been bound with. The range for a decent system is at least one mile.
I know of one RC club in Dartmouth that used state land to fly on and they were not allowed to renew their contract with the state. The state said that they no longer wanted RC aircraft flown on WMA land. There is currently another club down on Cape Cod using WMA land and they are in a constant battle to keep their field. The provide a lot for the state with constant upkeep on the property which has kept the state from kicking them out so far.
I believe that these people operating these drones should be easy enough to find and detained there until a EPO can get there. I would like to bring my own RC aircraft and take theirs out. I have one designed for combat made out of coroplast and it can virtually run through any other type of aircraft. It would be pretty cool to cut them things down and just claim a model air to air disaster!

The only issue is whatever the AMA says is just a "suggestion" as to what "proper" model pilots should follow, it's not a law. The FAA laws I posted are in fact laws however. These people probably aren't launching from a bonafide field so it won't matter to them if the AMA sends them an angry letter admonishing them for their "suggestion breaking actions", and that's only if they are identified and have some type of active AMA license or certification that could be revoked in the first place.

Do you expect that state to stick up for the folks that pay the bills?

usually they dont take Harassment lightly actually

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone happen to get the name of the EPO who witnessed hunter harrassement and refused to act?
And also warned the hunters not to do anything?
Sounds like aiding the commission of a crime to me.

How do you know they were there?

I spoke with the game warden today and told him the story, he had heard something about it already. I gave him the web pages where he could see the video himself, because he didn't witness it. He said they will try and build a hunter harassment case, but they need to catch them in the act. If you see these people contact the EPO dispatch and have them send an officer down.

I was not there, but a good buddy of mine was and relayed tthat to me, I have no reason the think he was lying.

The only issue is whatever the AMA says is just a "suggestion" as to what "proper" model pilots should follow, it's not a law. The FAA laws I posted are in fact laws however. These people probably aren't launching from a bonafide field so it won't matter to them if the AMA sends them an angry letter admonishing them for their "suggestion breaking actions", and that's only if they are identified and have some type of active AMA license or certification that could be revoked in the first place.

Your are absolutely correct and I didn't get into the facts of the pilots being AMA members. The PETA video shows them flying planes also and I would bet that at least one of them is a AMA member. I can speak with the local AMA VP Andy Argenio and let him know this is going on. Perhaps he can contact and let them know that what they are doing is jeopardizing all RC pilots, especially if they are breaking the law (hunter harassment). I know, not much to scare them but the FAA is currently considering stopping RC flying completely. This would mean PETA people also. Any little bit might help.

How about some hunter harassment in Plainville. My truck two weeks ago on opening day of duck season. I can't go into specifics on who did this because its an active investigation. I can say there was more than one hunters truck who got it and his was WAY worse.

2013-10-19113234_zpsfc587b6a.jpg
I have gotten threatening love notes but never anything like this.

Your are absolutely correct and I didn't get into the facts of the pilots being AMA members. The PETA video shows them flying planes also and I would bet that at least one of them is a AMA member. I can speak with the local AMA VP Andy Argenio and let him know this is going on. Perhaps he can contact and let them know that what they are doing is jeopardizing all RC pilots, especially if they are breaking the law (hunter harassment). I know, not much to scare them but the FAA is currently considering stopping RC flying completely. This would mean PETA people also. Any little bit might help.
I am 100% against banning RC flying. I am not a pilot and have zero interest in RC anything, but I have a problem with free men having to give up what they like/love, because of the actions of a few dumbasses. Kinda like guns, you know.

I am 100% against banning RC flying. I am not a pilot and have zero interest in RC anything, but I have a problem with free men having to give up what they like/love, because of the actions of a few dumbasses. Kinda like guns, you know.

Sorry, not to panic anyone, I should have worded that differently. The FAA recently decided to allow the US RC flying community to be overseen by the AMA and allow it to continue to operate under the current AMA rules and leave legit RC pilots alone. The problem does still exist with people flying outside the AMA like park pilots, quad copter pilots etc. who have chosen not to join the AMA and fly outside the rules of the AMA. It is these people that will jeopardize the whole RC flying community. If these people continue to do things found unlawful or at least things the FAA doesn't approve of they will most likely rule out the AMA as the RC flying governing body and force everyone under the FAA rules. We are currently walking on a fine line with RC aircraft. People like these PETA people are NOT good for the RC pilots. As it is now, anytime a big government official comes within 30 miles of a RC aircraft club that club is shut down for RC flight for the duration. Our club is just 12 miles from Martha's Vineyard and we where issued a NOTAM by the FAA for the duration of the President's stay ( something like 8 days) this past summer.

Sorry, not to panic anyone, I should have worded that differently. The FAA recently decided to allow the US RC flying community to be overseen by the AMA and allow it to continue to operate under the current AMA rules and leave legit RC pilots alone. The problem does still exist with people flying outside the AMA like park pilots, quad copter pilots etc. who have chosen not to join the AMA and fly outside the rules of the AMA. It is these people that will jeopardize the whole RC flying community. If these people continue to do things found unlawful or at least things the FAA doesn't approve of they will most likely rule out the AMA as the RC flying governing body and force everyone under the FAA rules. We are currently walking on a fine line with RC aircraft. People like these PETA people are NOT good for the RC pilots. As it is now, anytime a big government official comes within 30 miles of a RC aircraft club that club is shut down for RC flight for the duration. Our club is just 12 miles from Martha's Vineyard and we where issued a NOTAM by the FAA for the duration of the President's stay ( something like 8 days) this past summer.

So, once again a non-gov org gets gov sanction, and soon you'll have no choice but to join the AMA if you wish to participate in this hobby.

Can't abide that behavior. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom