• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I'm out of the .22 rat race...

I just counted it up and I've got 3200 rounds of mixed copper plated .22 and round nosed lead .22's. Most of it purchased before TSHTF in 2011 in 375 packs. I've got another 2000 rounds of old stuff, some of it 30 years old, that my father gave me in a big old bag. So far it all shoots.

I think I have enough to get through to saner pricing.

il_fullxfull.379748571_s9dz.jpg

I would hoard if I could find reasonable prices :) guess I have to be satisfied with what I have - hopefully prices and availability will improve before I run out.

I've got about that much on hand too. I haven't bought any .22 since last fall. It's surprising how fast it's getting dwindled down.

I have 5000 rounds on order with (so far) July and August delivery dates. I hope I can make it that far! [crying]

Well, better have your dog stay with friends because now that Martha's henchmen have seen you have been stockpiling all of that babykilling ammunition, expect a no-knock will be forthcoming.

Haven't you heard, the ammo shortage has been proclaimed to be over.
images
It is over!
.223 PDX sittin on the shelves
.45 PDX sittin on the shelves
9MM in stock all over the place, lasting a day on occasion
As much as you want to shoot at MFS, 2 box limit on all, and it's in stock most calibers
Riley's has it piled on the floor

So it's basically over. Not perfect, but getting much, much better.

I hope. :D

When I got low on .22 ammunition, rather than paying the price for more, I started shooting lead reloads. We, as a country, need rifles that shoot pistol calibers that won't break the bank.

I just counted it up and I've got 3200 rounds of mixed copper plated .22 and round nosed lead .22's. Most of it purchased before TSHTF in 2011 in 375 packs. I've got another 2000 rounds of old stuff, some of it 30 years old, that my father gave me in a big old bag. So far it all shoots.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have less than 400 rounds of 22 left. I hate you.

Does she come over state lines? If so, Scarecrow and I will start to worry. [wink]

If she comes over state lines, it had better to be to ask forgiveness for her sins. I give and ask for no quarter with that crusty sea-hag.

She has also successfully convinced most retailers to be unwilling to ship ammo here despite it's lack of illegality.

It is also not illegal for ammo to be shipped to a friends house for safekeeping... I consider most everyone on NES to be my friends, and I go to most of our group shoots and meet-ups when I can, not to mention I often visit friends in the middle portions of new england. I'm not suggesting anything, I'm just making an observation.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there are RI FFLs who require LTCs from MA residents to purchase ammo? Most of the places I go don't even ask for ID (I'm old), so I don't think they would know if they were selling to a MA resident. (Not that there's anything wrong with that - Jerry Seinfeld)

Back
Top Bottom