Illinois: New Gun Bill - Reveal Social Media History

Reptile

NES Member
New Gun Bill Would Require Buyers To Reveal Social Media History
CHICAGO (CBS) — Before Nicholas Cruz killed 17 people at Florida’s Parkland High School last year he posted images of guns, bullets and a dead frog on Instagram. And before former Marine Ian David Long gunned down 12 last year at a California bar he posted on Facebook, “I hope people call me insane.”

“This is something my community is demanding action on,” said Rep. Daniel Didech (D-Buffalo Grove).

That’s why Didech is proposing gun buyers reveal their public social media accounts to Illinois police before they’re approved for a firearm license.

We need to ensure that all politicians reveal their social media, email, and texting history. We need to know what they are hiding and who they associate with and uncover anything they are doing that is illegal.

Even the ACLU is against this law for gun owners.

Illinois Dems introduce bill requiring gun buyers to reveal social media accounts before getting firearm license

Illinois Democrats are introducing a bill forcing gun buyers to reveal their public social media accounts to police before they are given permission to get a firearm license.

The new legislation is sponsored by two state Democratic lawmakers, in an effort to block people from acquiring guns if they have made some troubling comments on social media.

Illinois Dems introduce bill requiring gun buyers to reveal social media accounts before getting firearm license

Picked up by FoxNews.

While we might laugh at this proposal now, a decade from now it will be law. Over the years I have seen this pattern play out many times.

CHICAGO (CBS) — Before Nicholas Cruz killed 17 people at Florida’s Parkland High School last year he posted images of guns, bullets and a dead frog on Instagram. And before former Marine Ian David Long gunned down 12 last year at a California bar he posted on Facebook, “I hope people call me insane.”

“This is something my community is demanding action on,” said Rep. Daniel Didech (D-Buffalo Grove).

That’s why Didech is proposing gun buyers reveal their public social media accounts to Illinois police before they’re approved for a firearm license.

We need to ensure that all politicians reveal their social media, email, and texting history. We need to know what they are hiding and who they associate with and uncover anything they are doing that is illegal.

Even the ACLU is against this law for gun owners.

This should scare the hell out of all those gangbanger. Oh ! I forgot, gangbangers don't get their guns legally. So I guess this won't have any effect on them.

Invasive big brother. Legal gun owners are the responsible example
Absolutely correct. We are the convenient whipping boys. I abhor Facebook and consider it a waste of time and energy. If I had to set up an account because of such stupid laws, I would do so. It would contain but one post: a huge photo of Mickey Mouse flipping the bird!

Needs to be merged? ILLINOIS ‘SOCIAL MEDIA CHECK FOR GUN OWNERS’ BILL: In Illinois, The State Has a Thousand Eyes

Here's the key parts of the Illinois bill:
HB0888 said:
The Department of State Police shall conduct a search of the purchasers' social media accounts available to the public to determine if there is any information that would disqualify the person from obtaining or require revocation of a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card.
. . .
(a-25) Each applicant for a Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall furnish to the Department of State Police a list of every social media account.
Unlike CHL, there's no "suitability" criteria for the Illinois FOID (equivalent to a FID, required to possess firearms, stun guns, tasers or ammunition), so ISP should already be aware of anything which would make the applicant a prohibited person, the whole bill is vague and useless. Even the IL-ACLU opposes HB-888

Damn. If they pulled this here, I'd dedicate my barely-used Twit-head act to the most vile pictures of a sexual nature as possible. Even talk about guns in the text part so the Comm of MA would have to review it all.

I’m wondering if this means that the Creedmor crowd will have to provide their Grinder account details. That could be even more embarrassment for them :eek::D:D

What they do with those Flobert Rifles is just appalling.
No one needs this:
IMG_3404.jpg

Damn. If they pulled this here, I'd dedicate my barely-used Twit-head act to the most vile pictures of a sexual nature as possible. Even talk about guns in the text part so the Comm of MA would have to review it all.

Haha, the best part is this would probably innoculate you from the left against being denied for suitability. You'd be a protected class.

The left thinks anything that's sexually weird or different is awesome and if anyone disagrees they're a bigot.

Back
Top Bottom