• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Illinois Bill to Ban All Modern Firearms

If such a monstrosity of a bill WERE to pass, wouldn't law-abiding gun owners have the opportunity to move the **** out of Illinois? Give everyone six months to move. Wouldn't that be an interesting experiment, if the entire state had NO law-abiding gun owners?

Think their gun violence problem would go away??

If such a monstrosity of a bill WERE to pass, wouldn't law-abiding gun owners have the opportunity to move the **** out of Illinois? Give everyone six months to move. Wouldn't that be an interesting experiment, if the entire state had NO law-abiding gun owners?

Think their gun violence problem would go away??

They would just argue that any gun issue was the fault of Indiana or Missouri or some other neighboring state, just as the Chicago pols blame the remainder of Illinois for their problems, DC blames Virginia, and Bloomberg blames the world. The anti-gun crowd will never admit their policies are flawed and will never be happy until they have the entire planet defenseless, afraid, and dependent on government for everything.

If i was an IL gun manufacturer, e.g., Armalite, I would be informing employees of the plan to move South to a gun friendly state. With the mark up on AR's these days, he could afford to relocate them all and build a brand new plant in some gun friendly Southern state. Many would provide tax incentives to get the increased state tax revenue. And land is basically free in the south.

No wrong wrong wrong!

What is with everyone saying to turn tale and run. "**** mass, move to NH." "armalite should move out of state"

No.

No.......

Armalite should produce guns and issue them to any man willing to fight, and take the godamned state back. If this isn't the moment to fight, there will NEVER be such a moment.

What we should be talking about is planning a bus trip to illinois to help our fellow americans, should this pass.

No wrong wrong wrong!

What is with everyone saying to turn tale and run. "**** mass, move to NH." "armalite should move out of state"

No.

No.......

Armalite should produce guns and issue them to any man willing to fight, and take the godamned state back. If this isn't the moment to fight, there will NEVER be such a moment.

What we should be talking about is planning a bus trip to illinois to help our fellow americans, should this pass.

You mean "blue" Hampshire....;)
but yer right it's time we dug in and really fought back....once they get down to me ill start shooting cause chi town is a helluva drive for me.

No wrong wrong wrong!

No.

No.......

+1 Best rants on NES. It would be asleep if not for HK and MJR.

The more I'm a pain in the ass for MA, the better I see it as.

No wrong wrong wrong!

No.

No.......

YES!! It's shocking to see all the self professed "patriots" on this site tucking their tail between their legs and moving to NH and other "free states"

The spirit of this state is to stand up for what's right regardless of the idiots that outnumber us. Isaac Davis didn't turn and run....he led the minutemen over the North Bridge in Concord against oppressive government.

Every time people flee the state we become weaker and send Mass deeper into being a blue state.... Which in turn gives us that many less senators and representatives that we can send to DC to represent our beliefs. Not every district in MA has always been so blue. When conservatives leave we weaken the conservative voice in MA and in turn, in Washington.

Maybe it makes more sense for more "free staters" to move to Boston and right the wrongs being done by Deval, Martha, Warren, mumbles, and the rest of em. After all, there is a process to unseat elected officials that hasn't been taken from us yet.

YES!! It's shocking to see all the self professed "patriots" on this site tucking their tail between their legs and moving to NH and other "free states"

The spirit of this state is to stand up for what's right regardless of the idiots that outnumber us. Isaac Davis didn't turn and run....he led the minutemen over the North Bridge in Concord against oppressive government.

Every time people flee the state we become weaker and send Mass deeper into being a blue state.... Which in turn gives us that many less senators and representatives that we can send to DC to represent our beliefs. Not every district in MA has always been so blue. When conservatives leave we weaken the conservative voice in MA and in turn, in Washington.

Maybe it makes more sense for more "free staters" to move to Boston and right the wrongs being done by Deval, Martha, Warren, mumbles, and the rest of em. After all, there is a process to unseat elected officials that hasn't been taken from us yet.

Or you could move to NH and make us stronger. NH is teetering and could fall. MA is lost. You could just stay there and fix bayonet. You seem fired up.

Looks like it passed.

Not according to the Chicago Tribune...

7:17 p.m. CST, January 3, 2013

Assault weapons ban votes delayed in Illinois Senate

The Illinois Senate left the State Capitol later today without voting on a measure to ... outlaw assault weapons, leaving the fate of this controversial issue in doubt.

>snip<

an effort to ban semi-automatic assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition magazines --- backed by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel --- lacked the votes needed for passage. Opponents argued the measure was too broad and unworkable.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...d-in-illinois-senate-20130103,0,6351516.story

Or you could move to NH and make us stronger. NH is teetering and could fall. MA is lost. You could just stay there and fix bayonet. You seem fired up.

Thanks for that, I moved cause well... Mass sucks... Now I'm glad I'm here so my toys are safe. I hope New Hampshire stands strong I would love to live there when I get the funds up. Damn shame to see all the Boston commuters ruin it for the rest of NH.

Thanks for that, I moved cause well... Mass sucks... Now I'm glad I'm here so my toys are safe. I hope New Hampshire stands strong I would love to live there when I get the funds up. Damn shame to see all the Boston commuters ruin it for the rest of NH.

I'd gladly assist anyone from MA make the move, to include staying in our 32' travel trailer for a week or so while making the transition. I'd feel a little bit like Harriet Tubman.

Why don't you set up a rallying point then and lead the way?

EABODs freedom fighter. I'll think about you once I've moved to a place that has lower taxes and respects it's citizen's rights.

I'll gladly work towards strengthening a state that I have a better chance of fitting in with.

Sent from my phone.

EABODs freedom fighter. I'll think about you once I've moved to a place that has lower taxes and respects it's citizen's rights.

I'll gladly work towards strengthening a state that I have a better chance of fitting in with.

Sent from my phone.

I agree. Why pay MA taxes only to have them shit all over you? Illegal immigrants get treated better than Americans in Mass.

I have no regrets about moving from MA and taking my money with me. Let that state keep driving it's citizens out, and see how long they last as a state of leeches.

What is with everyone saying to turn tail and run. "**** mass, move to NH." "armalite should move out of state"

Do you understand that the USA not envisioned as a homogeneous collection of identical places to live, but a *union* of *similar* places with laws that suit the *local* needs and culture?

The very reason that States have Constitutions and laws that vary wildly from state to state is SO that people would have the freedom to seek a place they can call home and feel good about it.

Frankly, it appears the majority of Mass (at least inside 128, maybe 495) is violently anti-gun. So far (tragically in my opinion) they appear to be winning. But all is not lost because I can leave. Or I can stay.

I don't think very many people are calling you out as a traitor because you refuse to join others in massing (sic) outside of MA, so why have you been consistently harassing people that have (or hope to) left?

Let's be clear, it isn't any of your ****ing business how someone else chooses to live their life, the causes they choose to die for or the fights they choose to walk away from. Not any more than it is that Rosenthal a**h***'s right to curb your collection of (I assume) HK firearms.

Do you understand that the USA not envisioned as a homogeneous collection of identical places to live, but a *union* of *similar* places with laws that suit the *local* needs and culture?

The very reason that States have Constitutions and laws that vary wildly from state to state is SO that people would have the freedom to seek a place they can call home and feel good about it.

Frankly, it appears the majority of Mass (at least inside 128, maybe 495) is violently anti-gun. So far (tragically in my opinion) they appear to be winning. But all is not lost because I can leave. Or I can stay.

I don't think very many people are calling you out as a traitor because you refuse to join others in massing (sic) outside of MA, so why have you been consistently harassing people that have (or hope to) left?

Let's be clear, it isn't any of your ****ing business how someone else chooses to live their life, the causes they choose to die for or the fights they choose to walk away from. Not any more than it is that Rosenthal a**h***'s right to curb your collection of (I assume) HK firearms.

We're not talking about some piddly little state law, this is a broad sweeping tyrannical smashing of constitutional rights, given to us as a nation. As Americans we shouldn't be turning out backs on each other because it's "not in our house". Yes we have individual states with its own set of rules, but we are also one nation, and letting any kind of tyranny fester in any area of our country is a disaster waiting to happen. By all means choose to ignore what happens elsewhere in America because it's not in "your house" but when the doorbell rings and it's at your doorstep, just remember how and why "the machine" got to the size and power it has and will become. These desired laws are not the vision of the people there, as clearly stated by the previous desire to pass pro gun legislation, and as such, should this ever grow legs and become law, it in direct violation of the will of the people and the constitution of the united states.

Until we unify and stand together against tyranny, we are all destined to fall.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting Illinois should be left for the wolves.

In my view anything that *infringes* on the right to keep and bear arms (absent due process) violates the US Constitution.

But to chastise people or business for taking themselves elsewhere for *whatever* reason they choose to is imposing your will on them (with or without effect) JUST as Feinstein is hoping to do to us.

Voting with feet IS a way of fighting, both by depriving the first community of your resources (read as taxes) and by strengthening the forces of the second (read as moral support, taxes / whatever).

States DO notice that x% left and states like NH are well aware of WHY people are moving there. It strengthens their cause and weakens Massachusetts (or Illinois in this case).

You can shoot my '91 if you want at the next shoot. (not AT it, with it!)

If a state is infringing on the gun rights of it's citizens isn't that of national concern? A NH citizen should be concerned about that too! If not because they believe in our constitution then at least because they could be next. State legislatures do look across borders to see what has worked elsewhere. Or to see what they can get away with.

If a state is infringing on the gun rights of it's citizens isn't that of national concern? A NH citizen should be concerned about that too! If not because they believe in our constitution then at least because they could be next. State legislatures do look across borders to see what has worked elsewhere. Or to see what they can get away with.

If it is right and proper to be left alone for choosing to own/carry a firearm, to be a lesbian, a bricklayer or to paint your house lime green, then it is right and proper to be left alone if you choose to move to a place you like better. How is this not glaringly obvious?

This is a discrete issue from whether a local ban is Constitutional OR of national interest.

If it is right and proper to be left alone for choosing to own/carry a firearm, to be a lesbian, a bricklayer or to paint your house lime green, then it is right and proper to be left alone if you choose to move to a place you like better. How is this not glaringly obvious?

This is a discrete issue from whether a local ban is Constitutional OR of national interest.

both hk's point and yours ring true, I mean isn't it better to fight from the high ground of your choosing?

If i was an IL gun manufacturer, e.g., Armalite, I would be informing employees of the plan to move South to a gun friendly state. With the mark up on AR's these days, he could afford to relocate them all and build a brand new plant in some gun friendly Southern state. Many would provide tax incentives to get the increased state tax revenue. And land is basically free in the south.

One of the news articles mentioned that several IL gunmakers had been contacted by the governor of a gun friendly state with tax incentives to move. I want to say it was South Dakota, but I can't find it at the moment.

I keep hearing "fight for this, stand up for that". Fact is, the union commies and the anti gun kumbaya clowns seem to do a better job at fighting and standing up. Where are the pro gun demonstrations? Where's the public outrage?
IMO the only way to be heard would be to PEACEFULLY demonstrate in Boston. Maybe a sign ot two that read "we didn't bring our guns... THIS TIME" would get some libs to think. Yet, all we do is to bitch here, where no libtard will ever see it.

I keep hearing "fight for this, stand up for that". Fact is, the union commies and the anti gun kumbaya clowns seem to do a better job at fighting and standing up. Where are the pro gun demonstrations? Where's the public outrage?
IMO the only way to be heard would be to PEACEFULLY demonstrate in Boston. Maybe a sign ot two that read "we didn't bring our guns... THIS TIME" would get some libs to think. Yet, all we do is to bitch here, where no libtard will ever see it.

If you look at the situation in IL pro-gun protesters have gathered. The problem is when we do no one notices because the left controls most of the information in this country.

Back
Top Bottom