Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

There is a legal requirement to file a notice of intent to sue 30 days prior to filing a lawsuit. This is just how it works. There are specific processes and procedures to follow. If you don't do the steps correctly, you will get your lawsuit tossed.

yes, we play by the rules - they don't
Lord knows that I'm no lawyer, but you would think there would be some sort of legal mechanism (short of a lawsuit) to get a judge to stop the display of this highly damaging and illegal data immediately... no??? 🤔

So, what happened?
Cali posted data similar to what MA did, with one big exception: they posted personal information(names and addresses, license #, phone numbers, etc.) along with the data.
They made personal data invisible to unsophisticated users only. What they did is akin to Excel, where you can "hide" columns by making them 0" wide. This caused an uproar, and the data was removed within 24hr. Still, the data was downloaded thousands of times and shared on Reddit, Facebook, and other public file-sharing sites. There are lawsuits, of course, but the fact remains: every gun owner in CA has been outed.

Lord knows that I'm no lawyer, but you would think there would be some sort of legal mechanism (short of a lawsuit) to get a judge to stop the display of this highly damaging and illegal data immediately... no??? 🤔
Sure. An injunction.

It’s been out since October. I don’t like it up there either, but there’s no longer anything emergent about a need to stop this NOW. Or at least I could see a lawyer arguing that.

I found some records from my home town with a buyer ID and guns I own.

Does the buyer ID change? A fe items seem to be missing that I know went through an FFL for purchase or transfer.

Be happy that some aren't in that list. Knowing you though... think back and were they just 4473's and not FA10s for "reasons"

The 2 main reasons for things missing from these lists.
1. Transfers that were done before the online system was made mandatory. I remember lots of paper FA10s.
2. FFL transfer which were 4473 only. You know why.

Our illustrious comm2a/goal organizations are playing softball, giving the State 30 days to do something (from post #1). They need to start playing rough with these people. No updates?
I just donated to these folks. Do the same. Can't hurt...
Yes, people should be donating to Comm2a for this fight against the state.

Ive got an acquaintance narrowed down to one of 2 IDs. Is that close enough for @Comm2A?
You're looking for positive identification, you can also use negative.

My boss just celebrated his birthday in the office, I know what town he is in, I now know he doesn't have a license. This should be just as scary as the inverse.

Cali posted data similar to what MA did, with one big exception: they posted personal information(names and addresses, license #, phone numbers, etc.) along with the data.
They made personal data invisible to unsophisticated users only. What they did is akin to Excel, where you can "hide" columns by making them 0" wide. This caused an uproar, and the data was removed within 24hr. Still, the data was downloaded thousands of times and shared on Reddit, Facebook, and other public file-sharing sites. There are lawsuits, of course, but the fact remains: every gun owner in CA has been outed.
That sucks if you have a big collection.

The solution for me is security through obscurity.

I only have one gun so I'm not a big target.

For the big guys out there, I'd invest in a security system and have insurance on the collection.

If you have $100,000 in guns, you can afford $500 a year in gun insurance.

After that, sleep easy and let the chips fall where they may.

For the big guys out there, I'd invest in a security system and have insurance on the collection.

One gun??????? :oops:

Just one gun ?
tenor.gif

Interesting. I did a search on Mass Firearms School to see how many Bushmaster ACRs they sold over the last 5 years. I got mine from them back in 2018.

I was thinking of buying my first this year but now with MA tracking it I don't think I will yet

I agree and are also upset about this but it's too late, it's already out there.

...yeah... uh, me too...

Suspicious Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I was thinking of buying my first this year but now with MA tracking it I don't think I will yet

Sadly, that was "probably" one of the goals of the DCJIS Terrorism Division.

Not you specifically, but cooling down people's desire to buy guns knowing everyone will know what, when and where they bought it.

As mentioned before.....there are people with big collections that aren't even on this database/list etc.

JFC.....

Back
Top Bottom