• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you lived in Mass and had to move

I used to think this too, but someone on NES once said to me "the snow doesn't begin/stop at the state line"!! Reflecting on that statement I've noted that over the years, So. New England seems to be getting whacked with more nasty weather than some of Northern New England. This all seemed to start with the Blizzard of 1978 . . . as I understand it, it was no big deal in NH.

I worked in Nashua for a year, commuting up from Wayland. I can tell you that even that short distance north it is noticeably colder.

I worked in Nashua for a year, commuting up from Wayland. I can tell you that even that short distance north it is noticeably colder.

From way back in the 1970s when I went to school up there and commuted back and forth fairly often, I can tell you that there is another line between Manchester and Concord where it gets colder and snowier.

- - - Updated - - -

South West Texas where my place is. Soon.

Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso?

Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso?

Close! Ft Hancock. 17 miles North and West. No roads. make your own. I'll see your dust trail from 10 miles away. In the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains (Yep the Rockies extend into Texas and well into Mexico - down to Chihuahua - which reminds me of a lovely senorita I met there back in the 80's - that puts a smile on my face!).

Last edited:
North Carolina, probably Wilmington area

We have actually been looking at houses in NC lately, focusing in the Raleigh area, mainly because we have some family that relocated there this past summer. I'm actually even more sick of our crappy climate here than I am with the gun laws, but that would be a nice improvement almost anywhere we would choose to live!

We have actually been looking at houses in NC lately, focusing in the Raleigh area, mainly because we have some family that relocated there this past summer. I'm actually even more sick of our crappy climate here than I am with the gun laws, but that would be a nice improvement almost anywhere we would choose to live!

Research the gun laws first. Lived there for a few years when I was going to school and IIRC, the laws weren't great.

Probably northern Arizona.

Likewise. Beautiful country up there, and a much more mild climate than down here on the border. Although it's December and it still gets up into the low 80's here right now during the day, which is pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom