• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

If you lived in Mass and had to move

I've always wanted a Bren Ten, this would be the perfect excuse to plunk the cash down. Miami Group-Move?

Hey mang, I don't know what you're trying to prove mang...but I'm in mang. Where should we pick up the stuff mang?

The second I can find a job where I can afford a place by myself, I'm off to NH no questions asked. I don't care where, or what I do for work, as long as I'm not working 70hrsx6days a week and can afford a roof over my head.

The second I can find a job where I can afford a place by myself, I'm off to NH no questions asked. I don't care where, or what I do for work, as long as I'm not working 70hrsx6days a week and can afford a roof over my head.

Craigslist mang

Lived there before?

I've lived in FL, MA, NH, KY, and GA. If I was willing to give up snow and ocean, something near Louisville KY would be right fine. Or Lexington area.

Georgia, not so much but maybe around Dahlonega. FL, too flat and barely a twisty road in the place.

NH . . . and that is still my plan whenever my Wife decides to retire (since the kind of work she does is non-existent in NH).

NH . . . and that is still my plan whenever my Wife decides to retire (since the kind of work she does is non-existent in NH).

You mean she's not a truck driver, construction helper, or welfare recipient?

Vermont. My niece lives there, my nephew and his wife will be moving there in a year and I've got a good friend up there, too.

While NH is nice for being in New England, that's not saying much. Go west, but not too far, and not too far south either.

South or West. TX, AL, FL (not south), SC, or maybe VA. I've come to hate the cold, so NH is a worst case scenario, but it's not MA. A lot will depend on where the kids and grandkid(s) end up since my son has left MA behind and my daughter plans to when she gets her Masters Degree.

I'm heading to NH this winter because I like my job in Boston and just need to get out of MA. My 3 year plan is to be in NC, but my life goal is to have a nice tract of land in Montana or maybe Mid-West Wyoming.

Either to our house in So. Maine or my family's house in central TN. Our house in So. Maine is right on the NH/ME border so we can do all of our shopping in tax free NH.
Even though the other houses are paid for we won't be moving anytime soon because of health issues in my wife's family.

It all depends on why I "have" to move.

If its because I need help then probably Ohio to be near friends and family.

To a state that has little pension liability, low or no income tax, alot of deer, and is warmer and drier. I dont know if such a place exists but ill be looking to find it in the next five years. After my kid exits school. Im outta here.

Ive been to texas and liked it there. But id consider back and forth between north and south.

I'm thinking NH AND Virginia, in a snowbird scenario.

Virginia is close enough to get back to New England in one day (to see the grandchildren), has mountains and the ocean, and the highest number of machine guns in the nation!

The gun laws in VA actually have some logic attached. For example, in VA if you want to drop your son/daughter off at school, you can carry a firearm onto school grounds - you just have to remain in the car.

The weather can get tough in VA, but it's certainly more moderate than Florida or New England. A friend once told me that he was visiting VA for retirement shopping, and ran into alot of "half-backs." When I asked him to explain, he said these are people from all the northern states who retire to Florida, but then move "half-way back" because it's so damn hot and humid down there!

I'm thinking NH AND Virginia, in a snowbird scenario.

Virginia is close enough to get back to New England in one day (to see the grandchildren), has mountains and the ocean, and the highest number of machine guns in the nation!

The gun laws in VA actually have some logic attached. For example, in VA if you want to drop your son/daughter off at school, you can carry a firearm onto school grounds - you just have to remain in the car.

The weather can get tough in VA, but it's certainly more moderate than Florida or New England. A friend once told me that he was visiting VA for retirement shopping, and ran into alot of "half-backs." When I asked him to explain, he said these are people from all the northern states who retire to Florida, but then move "half-way back" because it's so damn hot and humid down there!

excelent break down. very good to know and add to consideration pile.

Back
Top Bottom