If You Can't Beat 'Em...Shoot 'Em!?

Kar98 Sniper

Banned
Leave it to the wordsmiths at the Brady Center to get too cute by half.

In a series of exchanges today between some gun bloggers and the Brady Center’s mouthpiece, Peter Hamm, Hamm threatened to shoot one of the bloggers.

It all started when the blogosphere criticized Hamm’s suggestion that students who “…don't like the fact that you can’t have a gun on your college campus” should “Drop out of school.” (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304806,00.html). One would think that quote would be the most ridiculous one of the entire exchange. Not so.

After some light-hearted tongue-in-cheek back and forth banter, Hamm took offense to a blogger who called him “Petey.” Hamm replied, “Don’t call me Petey. Or I’ll have to shoot you.”

Of course, we’ll give Hamm the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t being literal in his threat, and hold off on referring him to anger management classes. In the future, however, we’d advise a mouthpiece for the nation’s gun ban lobby to choose his words more carefully. But then again, based on the Brady’s track record of outlandish statements, that may be asking for too much.

I call for him to be removed from his position!!! How is it that he can threaten to shoot someone and not be charged???Last time I checked...that IS A CRIME!!![angry]

I call for him to be removed from his position!!! How is it that he can threaten to shoot someone and not be charged???Last time I checked...that IS A CRIME!!![angry]

it's only a crime if you are not a whiny ass liberal. They seem to get a pas on those because everyone knows that they would never have the balls to actaully do anything. [thinking]

I agree...

I think the point is more that if you or I threatend to "shoot" some one, the'd likely arrest you for it.

think about it... how many kids have been arrested/suspended from school for uttering the words "I'll kill you"?

Back
Top Bottom