I'd Like an M1

I am relativley new to shooting but would like to get an M1 Garand. Mostly as a collectors item but I would also like it to be functional and be able to take it to the range once in a while.

I know nothing about these guns other than whats in the history books.
Any info that will help me in tracking down and purchasing a decent rifle would be appreciated.

What kind of prices ranges can I expect to pay?

Any online dealers that are recommended?

Thanks

I'm sure I'll have more questions.

There aren't any CMP affiliated organizations near me.....that could be a problem. My gun club of course is not a member..

How do I find out what all the codes are NLC HRA, SA...etc...

GOAL was a CMP affiliated organization last time I checked. You ARE a goal member, right? ?

There aren't any CMP affiliated organizations near me.....that could be a problem. My gun club of course is not a member..

How do I find out what all the codes are NLC HRA, SA...etc...
Well, let us know where you live, approximately, and I'm sure we can find one for you. BTW, you don't need to live in MA to join GOAL - and it's an affiliated club.

If you're in the Northeast, come to the Middlebury, VT Appleseed Shoot this weekend. The shoot counts as "marksmanship activity", and at the end of the day you'll get a certificate that the CMP will recognize as saying so that will let you order your Garand. $495 + shipping for a field grade or $595 + shipping for a service grade Garand is a deal you will find NOWHERE else.

Thanks for the info....I live in West Central NH....(Hanover area). Love to make it to the Appleseed shoot but got plans....

Well, Gun Owners of New Hampshire is a CMP affiliated organization, so there's the organization to joing.

And as for going to the Appleseed Shoot... what's more important, getting that Garand or whatever else you have this weekend? [wink]

m44 is 14 years old.

Then he is wasting bandwidth with his puerile postings about what guns he is getting. He has no gun in his own name and will get no gun in his own name until he's older.

Thus making his post pointless.

Then he is wasting bandwidth with his puerile postings about what guns he is getting. He has no gun in his own name and will get no gun in his own name until he's older.

Thus making his post pointless.

Usually I'm on your side, but it's posts like this that make me see why others don't like you. I think it's great to see a young person who enjoys firearms responsibly.

Usually I'm on your side, but it's posts like this that make me see why others don't like you. I think it's great to see a young person who enjoys firearms responsibly.

It is.

What is not great is posting threads supposedly about an imminent purchase he is, in fact, incapable of making.

It is.

What is not great is posting threads supposedly about an imminent purchase he is, in fact, incapable of making.

Regardless, it doesn't give you the right to shit on his post.
Perhaps if you don't have anything to contribute to the original post you should keep the sarcasm and facts to yourself.

Scrivener, if it makes you happy i will come back when i am 18 ok. and yes i am 14 and my guns are in my brother and my mothers name and will be transfrered to me once i turn 18.

Back
Top Bottom