I thought My LTC renewal nightmare was over!!!!

Well ..how a year has Changed...NOT!

Dad re-turned his renewal April 14 2008
Got the call today..it's ready!!!!! you do the math!!!!

Holy geezus...that's got to be some kind of record. [sad]

Is MA now outsourcing renewals to some foreign country?

Wait, I just realized that when it comes to these things the PRM IS the foreign country.

Only in Ma. does this crap happen. Oh, I'm sorry, Kalifornia too. Congratulations on finally getting it squared away. I will read the other thread.

Actually, in CA, the ID or driver's license is your defacto gun license for the purposes of acquisition and scanning the databases to see if you are a prohibited person. A lot of people go in to buy a gun, but get denied because their license expires sometime during the 10-day waiting period. I never heard about a license not being entered in the DMV computers though.

In fact, if you think about it, if all databases are computerized and there is mandatory gun registration (as in CA), then a physical license card for gun ownership is really just a throwback to earlier years before cops all had computers in their cars. Today in CA, they instantly cross-check the list of registered gun owners with the list of prohibited persons so that prohibited persons can be identified in the field or as new offenses occur. Thus, in CA, your ID card pretty much serves as your gun "license" if you want to think about it in that way.

The main difference between MA and CA, in a sense then, is just that CA is effectively "shall issue" for ownership since an ID card or driver's license is "shall issue" assuming you meet the requirements for the ID card and pass the handgun safety test.

GOAL needs to insert a section in the Mass laws that all permits/FID's WILL BE processed and issued to the applicant within 15 business days

GOAL needs to insert a section in the Mass laws that all permits/FID's WILL BE processed and issued to the applicant within 15 business days

. . . or else what?

The law already says 40 days, but it has no penalty for the PD violating that law. [thinking]

NO WAY that any law will pass that would actually penalize the chief or town that fails to issue within x days, just not going to happen.

Realities of politics are very different than what we'd like to see or "fairness"!

. . . or else what?

The law already says 40 days, but it has no penalty for the PD violating that law. [thinking]

NO WAY that any law will pass that would actually penalize the chief or town that fails to issue within x days, just not going to happen.

Realities of politics are very different than what we'd like to see or "fairness"!

+1 that's the prople, the state won't ever hold the Police depts accountable for doing their jobs in a timely matter. Because we all know how incredibly difficult doing paperwork is...[rolleyes]

BS!!!

It Should say:

"If, after 40 days, the civil rights of the individual remain in question, the applicant may line up the public officials responsible for the delay and swiftly kick each in turn right in the gonads."

I would start with Deval and then work my way though the legislature.

Hell, I'd even help the economy by purchasing a new pair of steel toed boots for the occasion.

I think 40 days is ok, BUT what it should say is "After 40 business days unless told otherwise, the applicant should assume approval." or something to that extend

True, but we shouldn't need to beg for a government permission slip for what's really an unalienable human right; self-preservation.

Back
Top Bottom