I thought My LTC renewal nightmare was over!!!!

Well to day it only got better.... I went to purchase a nice HK.... The paper work was filled out ..$$$$ on the counter.... holster.. mags... Gun everything was waiting for me to pick it up and go to the range... Feds were quick on the phone to approve me... The nice gentleman at the store enters my LTC # in the computer.... invalid..second time..Invalid...thirdtime..INVALID!!!!!!!![angry2]
the note at the bottom of the web page say to contact my local Lic.Authority...!!!

[Note: I have my LTC in hand and the pin # the dept gave me on Sept. 17,2007]

Great back to dealling with the WORCESTER POLICE DEPT. and Chief Gemme.... Ya the same that is running ILLEGAL buy back programs!!! Oh not monday tho.... And Can't get the gun til Wednesday because the shop isn't open!!! That is if everything gets worked out by then.!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

P.s.Ross , i watch my [BLEEP] mouth best I could[smile]

Last edited:
FITH: Please take a minute to inform GOAL of this situation. You can contact them via their web site, www.goal.org
What a pain the fanny to be at the counter with your purchases only to find out that your local PD has dropped the proverbial ball! Is this a simple oversight on their part or something more sinister?
Best Regards.

Oh, man, Rick that... is awful. I can think of a few choice epithets for you to use on Mr. Gemme (evil, twisted, gun-grabbing, power-hungry dictator with delusions of godhood, for a start).

Man, talk about "purchasus interruptus"!

Kingson, his old one is long since expired; it took WPD over FIVE MONTHS to renew Fith's LTC.

UPDATE

Update: (per Order of the WPD)
Ok the LTC is valid or atleast in Worc....[rofl]
I am in the local (WPD) computer as valid. When ran through the State.. It comes up expired in May of 07.
So hopefully someone will be in tomorrow at the state office . Going down to WPD Lic. Div. and with their help contact the MSP...and staighten it out!

Personal:[hmmm] I have no Idea HOW...or Why the state didn't enter my LTC prior to sending it to Worc. to be give to me. MSP just sent me my certs. for Firearms Instruction(actually got them in the middle of the original fiasco) Oh well I will keep you up to date . Guess I will be in the " New Acquisition for Jan 2008" [smile]

Update: (per Order of the WPD)
Ok the LTC is valid or atleast in Worc....[rofl]
I am in the local (WPD) computer as valid. When ran through the State.. It comes up expired in May of 07.
So hopefully someone will be in tomorrow at the state office . Going down to WPD Lic. Div. and with their help contact the MSP...and staighten it out!

Unless you are a Non-Resident, the MSP is wholly irrelevant. Since you state that your license was processed by the WPD, you cannot be an NR license holder.

Stop wasting time with the WPD (hardly a reliable source for such information) or the MSP. You need to contact the Firearms Record Bureau at CHSB to get the low-down on what your problem is caused by. THAT is the agency which issued your license.

Last edited:
Wow, what a nightmare...

I submitted mine about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not feeling very optimistic after reading all of the horror stories [thinking] I wish I could move to another state [sad2]

Contact your legislator and give hime/her a piece of your mind and drive home the point that it is the actions of those idiots that created this fiasco in the first place. Demand that he/she give you a written reply as to the reason for the mistake and demand a written apology.
It is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease!

[grin] Well it was painless! Went to the Dept. told them what happened. They checked... said yup... and re-entered me. Said I am all set!!!! Will see on Wed. when it gets ran..so I can pick up my new Gun!!!

Well that's no fun, wheres the big battle against the "Man", where are you going to vent your rage against there stupidity? Maybe it all a set up and they will have hidden camrias in the gun store that you are buying you gun from so that they can recored your exprestion on your face when they say that you lic still isn't in the computer (and they can have a good laugh down at headquarters). It just can't be that easy, because this is the state of MA. But anyway if there not screwing with your head, congrats and hope you come home on Wed with a new toy.

Well that's no fun, wheres the big battle against the "Man", where are you going to vent your rage against there stupidity? Maybe it all a set up and they will have hidden camrias in the gun store that you are buying you gun from so that they can recored your exprestion on your face when they say that you lic still isn't in the computer (and they can have a good laugh down at headquarters). It just can't be that easy, because this is the state of MA. But anyway if there not screwing with your head, congrats and hope you come home on Wed with a new toy.

Maybe Derek will come out from the backroom and tell him he's just been punked. [rofl]

Thanks ! You will all know the outcome!

Miss understanding... I expired in May 07...got the new one Sept 07... Went to buy a gun yesterday and the computer said "invalid"

It is probably because your license shows up as expired. Why didn't you renew your license in time so that there was no gap in between them?

Wow, what a nightmare...

I submitted mine about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. I'm not feeling very optimistic after reading all of the horror stories [thinking] I wish I could move to another state [sad2]

Mine took 5 weeks to come back this year.

The license runaraound....

In FL - you have 6 months after expiration to renew without doing the whole paperwork mill...pay an extra $15 to the normal renewal fees. They send an automatic renewal notice though. It takes 2-4 weeks to get the license.

If it lapses beyond 6 months, or for first time license - all the paperwork to include fingerprints. It costs roughly $130 for all fees. The key is digital fingerprints (at "select" police depts) - takes 2-4 weeks.

Paperfinger prints - 6.5 lifetimes.

Well ..how a year has Changed...NOT!

Dad re-turned his renewal April 14 2008
Got the call today..it's ready!!!!! you do the math!!!!

Back
Top Bottom