• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I think this is the end!@

I hear you...I tend to go through my day with the philosophy "Do your job and don't let your name be known". I guess that's the Grey Man theory in a nutshell. I usually am pretty quiet, and not an "In your face" type but if some prog/lib starts spewing their vitriolic rhetoric in my face, I will let them have it with both barrels, no holds barred. I don't go looking for trouble but if it finds me? Well.......it sucks to be them.
Ya, I do the same.. sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut, but I am learning.

Last edited:
That’s good advice I’m just worried about the years it’s gonna take to move my other project forward versus how long the exemption exists these are matters for an accountant/tax attorney I just got my plate full of attorneys at the moment
the exemption exists and I haven't heard any noise about it being targeted for elimination. The exemption is for your primary property and is $250k for singles and $500k for married filing jointly. Am I wrong to guess that you do not exceed the appropriate amount?

Thing is I am not miserable here.

I am not happy with gun laws here, but I also realize owning a suppressor and a collapsible stock will also not make me happy. So basically I will not be happy anywhere if my life revolves around guns. Guns are a tool to me, not a way of life and I would rather live in MA than some state like Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia etc.. I would probably move to Colorado, outdoor activities are the most important thing to me.
Collapsible stocks and suppressors make me VERY happy! Colorado???? Mass with mountains. Make sure you wear your mask whilst doing those outdoor activities....it's the LAW!

the exemption exists and I haven't heard any noise about it being targeted for elimination. The exemption is for your primary property and is $250k for singles and $500k for married filing jointly. Am I wrong to guess that you do not exceed the appropriate amount?

I hear they’ve been targeting it, all Joe Biden’s crazy talk aside, which I couldn’t make heads or tails what he was trying to say..

I’m engaged and looks like I might wanna get married and file jointly before I sell my house

General Rant. Not at you. But your post made me think about "everyone else".

Sell all your stuff and roll the dice, or stay and be miserable.
The Devil you know, and the Devil you don't know.
Vote with your feet, vote with your wallet.

There are no free states in the Northeast. The guise of it is there, but thats about it.
Mass has been a lost cause since................Bay of Pigs invasion. Or at least the early 60's.
New Hampsters not far behind.
Vermonts...........weird anyway. A syrupy kind of moonbattery that probably smells like pine and maple and sheep-sex.
Maine - I like to think of it as North Alabama.

People make more excuses to hang around up here and get pissed on or take the high hard one with no vaseline. They like to commiserate without actually accomplishing anything. "Look at me, I'm going to fight it from the inside out , right here at my keyboard! I'm gonna keep e-mailing my reps spam folder! I'm the last freedom fighter! Everyone that leaves is clearly not as patriotic as ME!"

"But muh kids" Kids adapt quick and are fairly resilient. Would you rather they grow up inside 495 (or waaaaaay out there in Amherst or Hairyarmpittsfield)) where it gets weirder the closer you get to Boston or somewhere else where theres room to roam and woods and state parks to explore and streams to fish.
"But muh grandkids" - Get a house with an extra room or two. They'll stay the summer.
"But muh parents" Get a house with an inlaw on it.
"But muh wifes family" If your wife runs the show, I'm pretty sure you also sit down to pee and ask permission to hang out with friends.
"But muh job" Theres plenty of jobs out there. Huge trade shortage right now and lots of places hiring remote (for you desk jockeys.) Your employer could care less about you and would hire a potato with a license and a pulse to replace you before you left the building. Theres probably some "Hire A Potato" drive sponsored by the sate of Mass and a grant and a tax exempt status to go with it.
"But muh paycheck will be less" No shit sherlock. Payscale is relevant to the cost of living in that area. I pay about $700 a month for health ins. My brother in law pays less than $200. Same goddam plan, different states.
"But I'm not retired yet" Neither am I. I'm 46.
"But (insert any other excuse here) You're not fed up enough. But feel free to continue to donate to a state that could care less about you because you're not dependent on the system and rah-rah on some internet forum about how no one else fights for freedom like you do. Go Potato Go!

People have to get to that point, where they're so goddam fed up and tired of pissing up stream. Paying into a system, weather it be property taxes or income taxes, that benefits those that don't pay.

I've heard that same thing almost verbatim.
Hit it while its hot cause it'll drop overnight.

Right now? No idea
It was proposed ( I've heard) for people in forbearance that don't want to foreclose. I haven't seen it, but I haven't looked for it either. Someome else was telling me about it the other day. Bank told him the forbearance ends in August/ September and he might qualify for it.
Hire A Potato....good one.

All you guys who get up and move, do you secure a job before you move or you just "wing it" when you arrive? Do you have jobs or careers? I would find it incredibly difficult if not impossible to just jump out and move without having employment ready at the new place. Probably go bankrupt and end up on unemployment (hey that doesn't sound so bad these days!).

All you guys who get up and move, do you secure a job before you move or you just "wing it" when you arrive? Do you have jobs or careers? I would find it incredibly difficult if not impossible to just jump out and move without having employment ready at the new place. Probably go bankrupt and end up on unemployment (hey that doesn't sound so bad these days!).
I spent 3 years saving and built up a large savings. I haven't worked in a year. We still haven't touched the savings. Money in MA was great. Money goes a lot farther here.
The plan was that I would get a job immediately and my wife would follow. She is an RN, and was going to try doing a traveling contract. She ended up landing a job before I even started looking and it came with benefits. Next thing you know, she told me she enjoys me being home and that we were going to be a single income household for a while.

Honestly, I'm in the same boat where I'm thinking of up and just going and f***ing winging it. MA sucks, Texas is much more welcoming and what America should be. Not to be arrogant and cocky but I work as an electrician and I feel like finding a job will not be hard at all. The generation behind me doesn't want to get the f***in purses dirty in the mud.

The past year I have been writing extensively about what I call the “great conservative migration”; a shift in US demographics not seen since the Great Depression. Approximately 8.9 million Americans have relocated since the beginning of the covid lockdowns according to the US Postal service, and a large portion of these people are leaving left-leaning blue states for conservative red states in the west and the south. States like California, Illinois, New York and New Jersey were at the top of the list of states people wanted to escape.

The response from leftist states has been amusing. California, for instance, has tried to obscure the data on population loss and has dismissed the existence of the migration. They claim that the state population is actually rising, but fail to mention that most of California’s population “gains” have been from babies born along with an increase in illegal immigration. This has not offset the 267,000 individuals and families that left the state in the last three months 2020 alone. That’s an entire city of people, gone in 90 days.

And where are these people going? Places like Idaho, Texas, Tennessee, Florida, etc. ALL red states that are fighting back against draconian covid mandates and other unconstitutional measures. The only outlier seems to be Oregon, which also has seen a population spike, and this indeed appears to be a migration of Californians to the north.

This leads some conservative groups to believe there is an “invasion” going on of liberals into red states. After looking at the data and meeting many people moving to my own area in Montana, I find the “liberal invasion” narrative to be fraudulent.

I'm trying to land something before hitting the road.
Wife can work remote, so thats a non issue.

Career. I accepted a position before I moved but quit my job before I had another one. I had built up a healthy savings account to facilitate a move. I turned down a high profile job in Boston and accepted one in Alabama because I did not want to commute 5 hrs/day from central MA. I would not be able to find or afford a comparable home near boston. (wifey has horses so we had 12 acreas with mutiple outbuildings.) Second, I was sick of all the BS and taxes. I woke up complaining every day. Yes, gun laws factored into the decision of where we would move. My simple rationale was that the gun laws were a good barometer of overall freedom.Also, tax burden was much lower down south.

I had my eyes open for the right opportunity for 7 years. My wife was ok with moving as long as we went south. I interviewed in FL, TX and TN. I had a position lined up in FL when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. I did not want to dissupt her care so I turned it down. During all that, a recruiter reached out for the position I have now in AL and I declined. The company came back 6 months later with a much better position. I moved within 2 weeks. Patience was critical because there aren't many senior position openings in my profession.

Having cash on hand made the home transition easier. I rented a studio near work and started the home search. I was able to buy a house here without the need to sell my house in MA first. My wife stayed back to deal with all the BS of seling in MA. The biggest hassle was replacing the septic system because of "new code". We started that process June 1 and it ended Dec 8. (PS. Septic replacemnet in MA cost $30k all in for a 3BD, 1.5BR house. Talked to the company here when I had this system pumped and inspected - $6-8k to replace a system for a 5BD, 4.5BR house ). So the whole transition took 5 months.

Yes it cost me money to move if I just look at numbers. But, I have more than twice the house, a job I love, and wake up every morning feeling happy. There were rough patches but I guess the saying is true: nothing worth it comes easy. I guess my main point in this thread is that we all have choices. Make your decisions and live with them. Respect other people's decisions.

Last edited:
The market near me is nuts. People are listing and selling in day. The house I sold 2 years ago just sold again for another 100K on top of what I sold it for. But its only great if you LEAVE.
In my town houses are selling for 106% of asking price.

Unlucky timing to want to buy my first house. Decided to probably hold off but I may still buy empty land somewhere

I don't know about anyone else but I am frankly amazed at the number of people who are willing to kick the blue states to the curb. It's really something.
Now while The Bride and I are driving backroads near the border,
we're all like:

"Would you move there?"
"Looks nice".
"Oops, we're in Mass".
🎤⬇️

My wife and I said screw it and retired. But a lot of planning went into it. Now, if you need to work then I think it may depend on the area. I know in Montana, there is a need for workers, granted fairly low wage, but housing is a big problem. So there you need to have the housing part nailed down or you may be screwed. Other places it is the opposite. @Nick Leduc played it smart by saving a year's worth of cash. That takes a lot of pressure off. I can say this much, the reduction in stress when you leave this crap hole is incredible. I am not sure I can put a number on it.

I dropped a career with a pension to get out. 2020 was enough. I can tolerate being treated like an a**h***, but I'm not letting the state and city do it with my kids.

Moved with zero job lined up. No more time to make excuses.

Kentucky or Alabama. My buddy retired.....sold his house (paid off) for 550k and bought a nice 8 year old house in KY for 110k. That's one way to boost your nest egg.
Obiden will take a shitload of the profit in the very near future. Get out now.

Since it's "almost everywhere" it should be really easy to name a place where you go too so you can talk about Trump but get yelled at.

Other than confronting some Karen wearing a BLM shirt at a Stop & Shop and trying to engage in a civil political conversation, I can't think of a place.

Help me out here !
I kind of think what he means is that "we" have to watch our mouths pretty much everywhere we go. Excellent example, today, 5/2 , my wife and I worked outside on the lawn all day, the May flies were / are insane out there. I took over the mowing, and without a free hand to swat at the flies I was being swarmed. So I called over to my wife, not even trying to be a smartazz, that I couldn't breath. The daughter of the Libtards across the street was unloading her car and started yelling at me that I wasn't funny and that it was a horrible thing to say. I turned off the lawn mover and walked to the edge of my property and "calmly" to her I was talking about the May flies going in my mouth, eyes, and ears. Her response was that it still wasn't funny. Paul

I kind of think what he means is that "we" have to watch our mouths pretty much everywhere we go. Excellent example, today, 5/2 , my wife and I worked outside on the lawn all day, the May flies were / are insane out there. I took over the mowing, and without a free hand to swat at the flies I was being swarmed. So I called over to my wife, not even trying to be a smartazz, that I couldn't breath. The daughter of the Libtards across the street was unloading her car and started yelling at me that I wasn't funny and that it was a horrible thing to say. I turned off the lawn mover and walked to the edge of my property and "calmly" to her I was talking about the May flies going in my mouth, eyes, and ears. Her response was that it still wasn't funny. Paul

That's insane. People have lost their minds.

A little bit off topic but a couple of thoughts. Which for me hurts my head so get ready. #1; If too many more people keep leaving this area, Derek is going to have to change the name to AmericanShooters.com .... #2; The jobs part, I keep getting emails that Sig is hiring 3rd shift level 1 DNC operators in Exeter. I would be planning my move if I knew how to operate a DNC. Paul.

I had to re-read your comment because it did not click at first what set your idiot neighbor off. All I can say is wow. You handled it much better than I would have. Kudos to you.

I've been a machinist/machine operator/setup/trainer for about 30 years. Last 6 years working at Sig Sauer. Had a friend call me and said he got a job at kimber in Alabama. We moved after talking to kimber. They couldn't wait for us to get there. Sold my house in NH for a lot more than I paid for it. Bought a house in Alabama before we got there. Try staying in your same profession and look where you want to live.

I've been a machinist/machine operator/setup/trainer for about 30 years. Last 6 years working at Sig Sauer. Had a friend call me and said he got a job at kimber in Alabama. We moved after talking to kimber. They couldn't wait for us to get there. Sold my house in NH for a lot more than I paid for it. Bought a house in Alabama before we got there. Try staying in your same profession and look where you want to live.
Hope you are enjoying sweet home Alabama....

I’ve taken a different approach:

I figure all of you moving away are leaving me in a state full of liberals who all toe the line like good little NPCs.
They all get their shots. The “vaccine” kicks in, and in about six months I’m living large in the now rural state of Massachusetts and you all are jammed up in your nice conservative states with the replants.
😊

I’ve taken a different approach:

I figure all of you moving away are leaving me in a state full of liberals who all toe the line like good little NPCs.
They all get their shots. The “vaccine” kicks in, and in about six months I’m living large in the now rural state of Massachusetts and you all are jammed up in your nice conservative states with the replants.
😊
You can only hope.

House in CT just went under contract. 15k higher than asking, no closing costs unlike FHA financed offer 22k higher but wanting 16k back...what kind of crap is that? Buyer agreed to giving us time to head out and search some free states for a property. Love our house and town, everybody hates biden except one guy, but dang, you all know what the NJ/NY/CT/MA politics is like....loading up RV, got a months supply of food, transferring some lock boxes so I can get through NY and PA without prison time....forget MA, I'll never go through there again, after what my Utah permit instructor told us. Crazy how I can't leave CT without locking my pistol up, seperate from mags, seperate from ammo, but once past PA I can head down to GA, west to WA with my gun in a holster.
As far as jobs...I "got early retirement" bidens first full day on orifice...fortunately maxed out every savings thing I could the past few years and paid the house off at the onset of covid. Cars, truck, RV were cash. I cut my own hair, wife is low maintenance, kid taught to be a success from an early age, and was making $125k before he got his free degree, after 5 years USMC Ooorah! Can't get a loan due to no income despite way over 800 fico, but have cash for the new place, screw the banks and their fees, and will supplement my saving when this place closes, and be on SS shortly after. If we don't find something, I'll remain a yankee and keep trying to fight the good fight, despite my ability to read the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom