I think this is the end!@

That and you'll make a killing doing so. Sell in MA and buy in VA or something.
I am tired ( I am tired of told this is not allowed in this state but it's ok in another, I tired of this state robbing me blind, I am tired of people not be polite, I am tired of being called out for not putting on a mask out in the open air, I tired of really bad drivers, I tired of paying for people sitting on there buttox while I have to p pay, I tired of people who do not have manners ) I have decided to sell my home and move out of this state to a place where I can least find some of these qualities. I feel better after venting look towards down south or out mid west where I can say good morning sir, don't get a look.
just got back from cape fear, virginia, and md, stayed in a historic guest house in nc run by a conservative: she told us that the libtards have taken foot there and many of their events have been halted by cancel culture. virgina retorted by erecting the largest confederate flag in the world on i 95. the grass might not be greener

I just want to be with like-minded people that will think with there head not just there emotions hey guys I just worn out here if I say any positive things that Trump did and pro law enforcement pro military, I get yelled at push back by emotions and not facts.
Where are you going that people are yelling at you if you talk about Trump ?

We yammer away about our "freedoms" and the Constitution and 2A. "From my dead hands!", we say. They'll never institute Red Flag laws you say. Red Flag laws that allow any town Sherif to declare that everyone in town with a gun is a danger to others and start confiscation. Yes, that law.
We talk, we complain to each other but we do NOTHING! How many of you even know who your state rep is!? How many of you actually called 'em!? How many of you actually tried to talk to your counselor, senator, or representative? How many of you even know that there is such a position as Counselor!?

Yeah, we talk big but we continue to give up our rights, and when they make it so hard that you can't cope anymore, you tuck the tail between your legs and run away!

Benjamin Franklin was right! If this is how we act, we don't deserve freedom!

Almost everywhere?

Since it's "almost everywhere" it should be really easy to name a place where you go too so you can talk about Trump but get yelled at.

Other than confronting some Karen wearing a BLM shirt at a Stop & Shop and trying to engage in a civil political conversation, I can't think of a place.

Help me out here !

We yammer away about our "freedoms" and the Constitution and 2A. "From my dead hands!", we say. They'll never institute Red Flag laws you say. Red Flag laws that allow any town Sherif to declare that everyone in town with a gun is a danger to others and start confiscation. Yes, that law.
We talk, we complain to each other but we do NOTHING! How many of you even know who your state rep is!? How many of you actually called 'em!? How many of you actually tried to talk to your counselor, senator, or representative? How many of you even know that there is such a position as Counselor!?

Yeah, we talk big but we continue to give up our rights, and when they make it so hard that you can't cope anymore, you tuck the tail between your legs and run away!

I agree, everybody talks about defending the 2nd, but move away from any confrontation when housing prices rise.

Then they still talk shit on their old local forum about how they are now fighters and how they fought by retreating and now everybody who stayed behind to fight are pussies for not retreating to a "free state".

Irony.

I agree, everybody talks about defending the 2nd, but move away from any confrontation when housing prices rise.

Then they still talk shit on their old local forum about how they are now fighters and how they fought by retreating and now everybody who stayed behind to fight are pussies for not retreating to a "free state".

Irony.
Or maybe they just want to go live out a happy life in a region with better climate, culture and lower cost of living.

Around here pretty much the gun club and gun stores are the only place you can talk about Trump without any drama...

Op, your Definitely not the only one feeling that way. Now is the time to make a break for it if you can...I’m worried by the time I get my affairs in order the market Will gone to shit but then I guess all I Gotta do is wait again. Plan a little better I guess..

I situation as I was going to stay here. But I’m worried if I sold my house without getting into another one the tax repercussions will eat any of the equity have accrued over the years. What a surprise

Or maybe they just want to go live out a happy life in a region with better climate, culture and lower cost of living.
This all day for me. If NH wasn't so f***ING expensive to live in, I'd still live here. Sorry, I can't afford a 250K house (minimum) with 6-10K in property taxes and after doing everything I know how to do, watch my beloved NH fall to the packs of progressive wolves.

Since it's "almost everywhere" it should be really easy to name a place where you go too so you can talk about Trump but get yelled at.

Other than confronting some Karen wearing a BLM shirt at a Stop & Shop and trying to engage in a civil political conversation, I can't think of a place.

Help me out here !
Yep, just about everywhere. Work, town hall, school board, state gov't, nat'l gov't, family functions. Look, I'm think Trump was a blow hard sometimes, after all, he was a New Yorker, but dammit he got stuff done when he didn't have to paddle up Niagara Falls against the Dems and 98% of people in his own damned party.

We talk, we complain to each other but we do NOTHING! How many of you even know who your state rep is!?
I do...she is a dem scum. As left wing as you can get. I ran for her rep seat when she "retired". I lost the primary by 6 votes against a repub that had to step down because he couldn't stop assaulting people. The dem moved back to town and ran again and won by virtue signalling, low information idiots. I would've run against her and probably would've won (I was asked to run by the Repulican Chairman in our county) but I had already sold my house and moved out of that town by the time the 2020 election rolled around. The at large rep is a good man, a very conservative farmer. He and I are friends.

How many of you actually called 'em!?
All the time and I email them at least once a week.

How many of you actually tried to talk to your counselor, senator, or representative?
State or US reps or senators? I do both, phone calls and emails...I will sometimes get a personal email back from my state reps and/or senator. I know them personally.
Not so much from my US senator and/or Rep. All I get are form letters. I have asked many times to talk to them one on one but that will never happen. They are too busy stuffing their bank rolls.

I'm already considering how I can get involved in local politics in Missouri when I get there this fall. I will definitely have to get the lay of the land...I don't want to be seen as an "outsider, effete easterner trying to up end the boat"

I do not personally know my executive counselor but I have emailed the whole counsel numerous time about issues that concern me, specifically the idiots they keep voting on for the NH Supreme court

Last edited:
I didn't believe it either.
It listed for about 85 grand more than I thought I'd get.
Sold for another 15 grand on top of that.

Its full-retard out there.
My daughter and her family are looking for a home in MA. Realtor says the banks are sitting on top of hundreds of foreclosed homes that cannot be released to the public until the eviction moratorium is lifted. At some point,, the market will be flooded, and it will be a buyers market again. Those who bought in this market will feel the pain,

Funny, this "talk about Trump" stuff. Went to the first RV place, salesman starts in on how Trump was great, and the dems suck...before I really even said anything...I think it was the mask rules...second RV place, definitely during the test drive, salesman "you don't need to wear your mask now, they don't work anyway, dems are stupid"...and he got the sale lol. Realtor for house shows up, initial meeting, wearing a mask 'cuz "I just got back from the stop the steal rally in dc, and want to be safe." Sold my bowflex cheap, free delivery. Get to the guys house, he starts in on idiot dems in our state government after I told him about wanting to make a move, hence the giveaway price on the bowflex....says he saw the stickers in my truck window (ruger/glock/nra/goa/etc) and figured he could speak his mind. Rt. 8 corrider in CT is pretty darn red; generally 2:1 ratio during votes. The "eff Biden" and "the first amendment is more important than your feelings" flags are fairly numerous, and I'm starting to see "impeach 46" signs now. Love my community; hate my state.

Op, your Definitely not the only one feeling that way. Now is the time to make a break for it if you can...I’m worried by the time I get my affairs in order the market Will gone to shit but then I guess all I Gotta do is wait again. Plan a little better I guess..

I situation as I was going to stay here. But I’m worried if I sold my house without getting into another one the tax repercussions will eat any of the equity have accrued over the years. What a surprise
there's an exclusion on the equity gain. you likely need not worry. it's actually a great time to sell and then rent. Buy when the market crashes. and it will.

Irony.
General Rant. Not at you. But your post made me think about "everyone else".

Sell all your stuff and roll the dice, or stay and be miserable.
The Devil you know, and the Devil you don't know.
Vote with your feet, vote with your wallet.

There are no free states in the Northeast. The guise of it is there, but thats about it.
Mass has been a lost cause since................Bay of Pigs invasion. Or at least the early 60's.
New Hampsters not far behind.
Vermonts...........weird anyway. A syrupy kind of moonbattery that probably smells like pine and maple and sheep-sex.
Maine - I like to think of it as North Alabama.

People make more excuses to hang around up here and get pissed on or take the high hard one with no vaseline. They like to commiserate without actually accomplishing anything. "Look at me, I'm going to fight it from the inside out , right here at my keyboard! I'm gonna keep e-mailing my reps spam folder! I'm the last freedom fighter! Everyone that leaves is clearly not as patriotic as ME!"

"But muh kids" Kids adapt quick and are fairly resilient. Would you rather they grow up inside 495 (or waaaaaay out there in Amherst or Hairyarmpittsfield)) where it gets weirder the closer you get to Boston or somewhere else where theres room to roam and woods and state parks to explore and streams to fish.
"But muh grandkids" - Get a house with an extra room or two. They'll stay the summer.
"But muh parents" Get a house with an inlaw on it.
"But muh wifes family" If your wife runs the show, I'm pretty sure you also sit down to pee and ask permission to hang out with friends.
"But muh job" Theres plenty of jobs out there. Huge trade shortage right now and lots of places hiring remote (for you desk jockeys.) Your employer could care less about you and would hire a potato with a license and a pulse to replace you before you left the building. Theres probably some "Hire A Potato" drive sponsored by the sate of Mass and a grant and a tax exempt status to go with it.
"But muh paycheck will be less" No shit sherlock. Payscale is relevant to the cost of living in that area. I pay about $700 a month for health ins. My brother in law pays less than $200. Same goddam plan, different states.
"But I'm not retired yet" Neither am I. I'm 46.
"But (insert any other excuse here) You're not fed up enough. But feel free to continue to donate to a state that could care less about you because you're not dependent on the system and rah-rah on some internet forum about how no one else fights for freedom like you do. Go Potato Go!

People have to get to that point, where they're so goddam fed up and tired of pissing up stream. Paying into a system, weather it be property taxes or income taxes, that benefits those that don't pay.

My daughter and her family are looking for a home in MA. Realtor says the banks are sitting on top of hundreds of foreclosed homes that cannot be released to the public until the eviction moratorium is lifted. At some point,, the market will be flooded, and it will be a buyers market again. Those who bought in this market will feel the pain,

I've heard that same thing almost verbatim.
Hit it while its hot cause it'll drop overnight.

Is that a thing? 40 years?
Right now? No idea
It was proposed ( I've heard) for people in forbearance that don't want to foreclose. I haven't seen it, but I haven't looked for it either. Someome else was telling me about it the other day. Bank told him the forbearance ends in August/ September and he might qualify for it.

there's an exclusion on the equity gain. you likely need not worry. it's actually a great time to sell and then rent. Buy when the market crashes. and it will.

That’s good advice I’m just worried about the years it’s gonna take to move my other project forward versus how long the exemption exists these are matters for an accountant/tax attorney I just got my plate full of attorneys at the moment

I knew my reps. I respectfully communicated with them often even though I did not vote for them. Did not get respect back. I could not speak openly at work. It would have cost me my job. I got tired of the endless complaining. I got fed up-even with me--all those woe is me, this state sucks for reasons x, y, z blah blah blah. Then kind of like that Forrest Grump character that stopped running because he did not want to do it anymore, I decided it was enough. I quit my job. I was hoping to take a summer off but landed a dream job and left MA with 2 weeks notice. I actually managed to a 25% pay increase and with the cost of living, factored in, my buying power is twice what I had in MA. I searched for a house down south while my wife managed selling our house in MA. I upsized so anyone that wants to visit can. It was a risk. I did not know anyone in AL. But, it has already paid itself off many times over. No place is perfect but some places are just lost. In my opinion, the northeast is lost. I chose to seek freedom. I am still recovering from some of my massasheepist habits. My currently reality is that life is now grand. Everyday is a good day. You do what you want to do-I will not knock it but I will also not suffer for your wants. I think you are correct--if one sits there, takes it, and just complains, they don't deserve freedom. I instead, acted with my heart, my feet, and my wallet to choose freedom.

Yep, just about everywhere. Work, town hall, school board, state gov't, nat'l gov't, family functions. Look, I'm think Trump was a blow hard sometimes, after all, he was a New Yorker, but dammit he got stuff done when he didn't have to paddle up Niagara Falls against the Dems and 98% of people in his own damned party.

I see what you are saying, my point was that if you don't walk around exposing people with your beliefs through bumper stickers or interjecting your opinion in a situation you KNOW will trigger people, you can pretty much go through a day without any confrontations.

I just sit back and wait.

When the time comes, I'll be ready if my job doesn't kill me lol

Grey man life !

I see what you are saying, my point was that if you don't walk around exposing people with your beliefs through bumper stickers or interjecting your opinion in a situation you KNOW will trigger people, you can pretty much go through a day without any confrontations.

I just sit back and wait.

When the time comes, I'll be ready if my job doesn't kill me lol

Grey man life !
I hear you...I tend to go through my day with the philosophy "Do your job and don't let your name be known". I guess that's the Grey Man theory in a nutshell. I usually am pretty quiet, and not an "In your face" type but if some prog/lib starts spewing their vitriolic rhetoric in my face, I will let them have it with both barrels, no holds barred. I don't go looking for trouble but if it finds me? Well.......it sucks to be them.

Last edited:
adios, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I tried not to let the doors hit me but MA had its greedy paws hooked even after I escaped. It's over now.😥

I enjoy reading NES daily. It substitutes for the facebook that I refuse to use. :oops: The complaining about life in the northeast has gotten louder on these pages. Maybe it is just my awareness now that I am an outsider. I feel sad for people but not symapthetic. It's your choice. If you like it, stay, If you don't like it, leave. I got lucky that I was able to move in weeks. The reality is that I had been looking for the right opportunity for 8 years. I had enough and quit my job without a place to go. Yet, it worked out. Your mileage may vary, unless of course, you choose to do nothing.

General Rant. Not at you. But your post made me think about "everyone else".

Sell all your stuff and roll the dice, or stay and be miserable....
Thing is I am not miserable here.

I am not happy with gun laws here, but I also realize owning a suppressor and a collapsible stock will also not make me happy. So basically I will not be happy anywhere if my life revolves around guns. Guns are a tool to me, not a way of life and I would rather live in MA than some state like Alabama, Kentucky, West Virginia etc.. Now if Mass outlawed dirtbikes and motorcycles I would leave this state lol If I had a choice, I would probably move to Colorado, outdoor activities are the most important thing to me.

The US is slowly dying, it doesn't matter what state you live in because each state has things that gives you the illusion of freedom, without actually giving you true freedom.

Try not paying your property taxes in a "free state" to see just how quickly your politicians will turn on you.

Back
Top Bottom