• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I really like this gun case, but a little on the pricey side.

You could probably pick up a new guitar case for $100 and get the foam for $30ish. Rivet on a little luggage style hasp for a lock and cut/glue the foam yourself. If you're doing it to be stealth you could get a used case with the stickers and scratches already on it for even cheaper.

I picked up an used guitar case for ~$40 and modified it myself for my AR pistol. I'm sure you could get one for under $100 (as mentioned) and do the mods yourself for short money. Even if you pick up some foam to use (like in Pelican cases) you'll be far under $350+ (as those are to your door).

I picked up an used guitar case for ~$40 and modified it myself for my AR pistol. I'm sure you could get one for under $100 (as mentioned) and do the mods yourself for short money. Even if you pick up some foam to use (like in Pelican cases) you'll be far under $350+ (as those are to your door).

This. I picked up a new unused hard side guitar case off Craig's for $40. All I need is some foam and my AK will have a nice new home.

Picked up a guitar case from a thrift shop, antique store, and so on. Buy the foam and cut it yourself. I built mine with the used case and foam for $50. I would not pay $300+ for a fancy case with foam in it.

There's a good video around (it's on here too but couldn't find it) using expandable foam to make custom gun case interiors.

I bet you could make something similar for about $20 if you can find a decent guitar case at a yard sale

I use a banjo case. Intend to do the foam thing, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I live in a very congested area, have to park on the street. I don't want my neighbors knowing my business.

Got this violin case relatively cheap. Fits a 6" 686 snuggly and has some space for ammo

I'm still on the lookout for a case to fit my Kahr 1927-A1, a few 30 rd stick mags and the drum.

Keep an eye out on Musicians friend and other sites. They run special for cheap cases that are easily modified for rifles and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom