• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I need AR15 help

Neptune Cat

NES Member
I'm looking into buying an AR in the very near future but don't know what to think about all of my choices.

I'm sure everyone can tell me which one is the best and I am interested in hearing all opinions. I would also like to hear what to stay away from. Money will be a huge factor. Can I get anything for around $700 or is that not going to happen? Future upgrades will definitly be part of the plan but I want a solid place to start.

Thanks In adavance.

You can get a kit for less than that, and put it together yourself, which would be very eductional.

http://www.del-ton.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=80

I haven't bought from these guys, but it gives an idea of what you can get
if you're willing to build it yourself from a lower and upper.

+ Rumor has it that Vulcan is a brand to stay away from.

I am satisfied with myDPMS LoPro.
The gun is a short & heavy barrel with a flat top upper.
Last time I looked, they were listed at about $700.
My only complaint is that the trigger is crappy.
That is on my list for replacement.

Thank you all for your suggestions. In my searches I started looking seriously at the Kel-Tec SU 16B. I like that it folds in half for easy storage in a backpack.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this!!!

Thank you in advance for any info. See you all on Monday.

IMO you are better off buying a "nice" used Bushmaster, RRA, Colt for the $700 then buying a brand new cheap no namer that uses the absolute cheapest parts that the manufacture can find to build a gun.

I bought a Bushmaster V-Match 16" Carbine. Outstanding fit and finish for the make. Four Seasons in Woburn,MA. seems to have the best prices for Bushies if you're looking for new. Best of luck in your choice.

IMO you are better off buying a "nice" used Bushmaster, RRA, Colt for the $700 then buying a brand new cheap no namer that uses the absolute cheapest parts that the manufacture can find to build a gun.

Bushmaster it is!!!! I picked up an A3 last Friday for $900.

Maybe I'll get a Kel-Tec sub-2000 next. They are MA legal, Aren't they?

The A3 has a "flat top" lower reciever and comes with a detachable carry handle with adjustable rear sight.

I got this so that when I have the funds I can put flip up sights and a scope on it.

Bushmaster it is!!!! I picked up an A3 last Friday for $900.

Maybe I'll get a Kel-Tec sub-2000 next. They are MA legal, Aren't they?

Yes, the Kel-Tex Sub 2000 is legal in MA. Just heft it and perhaps shoot it before buying. Two of us that owned them (and drooled over them before buying them) have subsequently sold them.

I found it too light and with a very chintzy front sight. So neat novelty item, but I found it a poor carbine.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom