• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I love my new Sig P938!!!!!!

I am so impressed with my new sig!!!! It's a tiny bit more snappy than the 92fs but honestly I am completely comfortable shooting it. It's a new gun to me so I'm not super accurate with it but I can see it being just as good as the 92fs at 25-30 feet. The single action only is not a problem and boy can I conceal this thing! It took me a good 20 minutes to figure out how to put it back together but once I figured it out its a breeze. Very impressed! I'm so glad I caved and just bought a cc gun! 2016-04-13 23.26.44.jpg

I hate to admit it , but i like full size 1911's alot more than i used to.. and this coming from a glock girl.

The 938 is a very nice gun, wonder how it compares to the new sig ultra compact or the springfield emp

Great choice. First and only mod I have done to mine was the Hogue grip.
The concealability aspect is amazing. Disappears on my side and if I need to tuck my shirt in I'll just throw it in my pants pocket. Love this thing
86009fea5d0152973bd0ec9a022e084f.jpg

Congrats, and glad to hear you finally saw the light! I can't imagine trying to conceal a 92FS, and I'm not a small dude (or girl, as in your case!) My first carry gun was a SR9c, and while it's considered a compact, it is still a bit bulky and heavy for my personal taste. I carry a LC9s Pro now, as well as a M&P BG380 when deep concealment requires it, but the p938 has been on my list to acquire for awhile now because I love 1911s so having a mini one that conceals so well makes it an obvious choice!

Its my EDC!! love it almost as much as my 220!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 938.jpg
    938.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Congrats, and glad to hear you finally saw the light! I can't imagine trying to conceal a 92FS, and I'm not a small dude (or girl, as in your case!) My first carry gun was a SR9c, and while it's considered a compact, it is still a bit bulky and heavy for my personal taste. I carry a LC9s Pro now, as well as a M&P BG380 when deep concealment requires it, but the p938 has been on my list to acquire for awhile now because I love 1911s so having a mini one that conceals so well makes it an obvious choice!

Don't get me wrong, I still love my 92fs and plan to carry it when my wardrobe allows but when it doesn't I will happily and confidently carry the Sig!

Very nice. I saw the light after 2 years of concealing a 686+. I picked up this P938 Edge a couple weeks ago, and now the S&W has bedside duty. I love that I can conceal IWB and OWB with an untucked shirt super easily. Also picked up a pocket holster, but it feels like I'm walking with a tablet in my pocket, haha.

5521ef45818e304aaa9d5430b1ad5f00.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Very nice. I saw the light after 2 years of concealing a 686+. I picked up this P938 Edge a couple weeks ago, and now the S&W has bedside duty. I love that I can conceal IWB and OWB with an untucked shirt super easily. Also picked up a pocket holster, but it feels like I'm walking with a tablet in my pocket, haha.

This is the one my wife wants for carry. I'm like, really the rainbow edition?! haha

This is the one my wife wants for carry. I'm like, really the rainbow edition?! haha

I was just a nudge away from getting the (pimp)purple, but it was a fingerprint magnet, and I felt like it would get so many microscratches on the shiny finish with time. The edge finish looks really nice in person though (a dull rainbow). I will be the first one to put my 938 for sale when/if an all SS model comes out though. I'm not big on all black firearms.

I was just a nudge away from getting the (pimp)purple, but it was a fingerprint magnet, and I felt like it would get so many microscratches on the shiny finish with time. The edge finish looks really nice in person though (a dull rainbow). I will be the first one to put my 938 for sale when/if an all SS model comes out though. I'm not big on all black firearms.

I thought only 3 models are MA compliant?

This would look INCREDIBLE with the purple Hogue grips!!!!

I am so impressed with my new sig!!!! It's a tiny bit more snappy than the 92fs but honestly I am completely comfortable shooting it. It's a new gun to me so I'm not super accurate with it but I can see it being just as good as the 92fs at 25-30 feet. The single action only is not a problem and boy can I conceal this thing! It took me a good 20 minutes to figure out how to put it back together but once I figured it out its a breeze. Very impressed! I'm so glad I caved and just bought a cc gun! View attachment 164376

Congrats!!! I have the Equinox and yes it is a bit snappy but I absolutely love shooting it. Great choice!!

I am so impressed with my new sig!!!! It's a tiny bit more snappy than the 92fs but honestly I am completely comfortable shooting it. It's a new gun to me so I'm not super accurate with it but I can see it being just as good as the 92fs at 25-30 feet. The single action only is not a problem and boy can I conceal this thing! It took me a good 20 minutes to figure out how to put it back together but once I figured it out its a breeze. Very impressed! I'm so glad I caved and just bought a cc gun!

Did you pick it up at FS? They just got a in a whole bunch of them for prices way below normally sold..

Keep tabs on the grip screws, they tend to loosen up. I've EDC'ed mine for a few years now and enjoy shooting 124grn out of it. Also the trigger will improve drastically in about 200 rounds.

I have the 938 Scorpion. It's beautiful. But the firing pin stop dropped out a while back. Brought to
SIG in NH. They put it back in and said there's nothing wrong. But from what I've read online, others have seen similar issues. Since mine was technically never fixed, I never use it or carry it anymore which is too bad. I am a SIG lover, (just check my online name :). I love SIG, and carry my 229. My husband has the 226. Huge SIG family. Glad you love yours and hope you have better luck!!!

Laurie

Last edited:
It's a nice gun. Had it, carried it, but sold it. As long as you like it and can shoot it well, you're good to go. My preference is a g26 or pm9.

I have the 938 Scorpion. It's beautiful. But the firing pin stop dropped out a while back. Brought to
SIG in NH. They put it back in and said there's nothing wrong. But from what I've read online, others have seen similar issues. Since mine was technically never fixed, I never use it or carry it anymore which is too bad. I am a SIG lover, (just check my online name :). I love SIG, and carry my 229. My husband has the 226. Huge SIG family. Glad you love yours and hope you have better luck!!!

Laurie

Have you tried completely disassembling the slide? It may make sense to ensure that the firing pin block and block spring are properly installed, or that the firing pin itself is not fouled, or has a bad spring. If you think about what retains the firing pin stop, it is going to be positive rearward pressure on the firing pin (so that the rear of the pin protrudes through the firing pin stop). Try to diagnose why that is not happening, and you may discover what is causing the issue.

Back
Top Bottom