I love my new Sig P938!!!!!!

Have you tried completely disassembling the slide? It may make sense to ensure that the firing pin block and block spring are properly installed, or that the firing pin itself is not fouled, or has a bad spring. If you think about what retains the firing pin stop, it is going to be positive rearward pressure on the firing pin (so that the rear of the pin protrudes through the firing pin stop). Try to diagnose why that is not happening, and you may discover what is causing the issue.

I'll try that Chris, thanks. I was discouraged with the result from SIG, so I just stuck it in my safe. But will strip it.

very much enjoyed shooting the P938. however, reasons I ended up parting w it:

1. SA w thumb safety just not for me
2. short sight radius compared to similar sized striker pistols (e.g. PM9, G42/43)
3. not built for heavy use
4. extraction was ammo sensitive (it couldn't extract aluminum or steel cased ammo)

asides from these, the pistol was fantastic. also gotta throw Sig some props for designing something different in 9mm.

I've found the shield, G43 or PM9 can sustain much heavier use and range of ammo than the P938...all without a single hiccup.

Last edited:
The only grip I have is the Ambi Safety, It's tacti-cool and all but not practical for EDC, I wish they had a system that they used on the P238 right hand frame side. I carry this in the summer in a thundertech shirt wearing a polo and shorts and it's amazing.

I'm really surprised by this. The first 30ish rounds I put through it were steel cased.

Sig has had all sorts of issues w long extractor design in their P226/P229 models.

it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed the extraction issues so the newer P938's may be better in this regard. hopefully this is the case.

I hate to admit it , but i like full size 1911's alot more than i used to.. and this coming from a glock girl.

The 938 is a very nice gun, wonder how it compares to the new sig ultra compact or the springfield emp

I'm with you.....I'm carrying and shooting the 1911's way more lately. I shoot them better than Glocks especially at the bowling pin shoots I've been going to.

Back to the 938, a friend had one at the last pin shoot, and it was 6 shots, 6 pins down first time i picked it up. Thing is accurate for a little gun. I liked it.

Last edited:
Great carry gun, it's in my EDC rotation. I will say mine is ammo picky when it comes to hollow points. I stoke mine with standard pressure 115g Hornady Critical Defense and it cycles reliable.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sig has had all sorts of issues w long extractor design in their P226/P229 models.

it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed the extraction issues so the newer P938's may be better in this regard. hopefully this is the case.

That's amusing considering not that long ago most p series guns had pretty tough extractors, i bet they went to MIM parts and that ****ed everything up, so they had to change the design. The guns made in the past few years have a radically different design extractor wise....

I've been carrying my 938 for 3 years now and love it! I read your previous thread where you were CC'ing a 92fs willingly. I say that because I've CC'd my HK45C a few times and OC'd my 686+ and neither were a joy to carry even though I have a great gun belt. Going from a light, easy to conceal & carry 938 to a heavy full size brick takes quite a bit of getting used too. Good luck with your new toy - it's a great gun!

That's amusing considering not that long ago most p series guns had pretty tough extractors, i bet they went to MIM parts and that ****ed everything up, so they had to change the design. The guns made in the past few years have a radically different design extractor wise....
My sp2022 had a small extractor and my p226 has a large one. Both were purchased within the last two years. Whatever Sig is doing now it's working great. Over 3000 rounds between the both of them and never one failure of any sort.

serious question.....do you use the same cancan concealment holster for this as you did for the 92fs? the hip hugger looks neat, might want to try one out. bonus if it would fit a few different guns comfortably.
and there's no need for pictures. let the leg humpers sleep.

Well you convinced me, I've been looking for a summer carry since I sold the Bodyguard, I just hated that trigger.

I had my eye on the P238 Spartan and the P938 Scorpion TB, I liked the weight of the P238 Spartan all steal construction and I have to admit it's a nice looking firearm.

However the end with a side by side comparison I ended up purchasing the 938 Scorpion with the threaded barrel. The barrel is an extra half inch due to the threaded end and I assume will help a little with the accuracy.

I took it home yesterday afternoon cleaned and oiled, then went to MFS to go test it out. I put 300 rounds of reloads through it and it ran flawlessly and I'm impressed with how accurate it is. I picked up an IWB holster while at MFS and it just disappears inside.

So far very pleased, may sell my first born and pick up the Spartan at some point.

harry

serious question.....do you use the same cancan concealment holster for this as you did for the 92fs? the hip hugger looks neat, might want to try one out. bonus if it would fit a few different guns comfortably.
and there's no need for pictures. let the leg humpers sleep.

No pics lol. Yes, my hip hugger can can concealment holster works for both the one I got is the "big shebang"

Back
Top Bottom