I like it!

Sweeney

NES Member
Took my newly clothed M14A1 to the range today for the first time. I got a NOS E2 stock for it a week or so ago with a few accouterments and after several coats of pure tung oil I assembled it this morning.

Genuine and even repro butt plates are scarce as are the forward grips. This has a purpose made rubber butt produced for the company that supplied the stock. I also got the picatinny rail which had been drilled and tapped to match the holes in the forestock.

I slapped on the GG&G bipod and I have a Magpul forward grip en-route. I guess it's sort of a 'retro-mod'... I still need to add the selector and rod to complete the look.

Also, the muzzle devise mimics the muzzle stabilizer the originals had.

It's got a Sadlak Airborne scope mount with a Vortex 1-4x scope. Once sighted in I was having fun ringing a 10"x10" plate at 250yds.

This rifle's action is a Rock-Ola (James River Armory) one of 25 special order receivers and bolt with all USGI parts except for the muzzle devise and Sadlak NM op rod spring guide. I also unitized the gas system (weld method) and did the M25 modification.

I really like the feel of this setup! ...and it's a looker too. [wink]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom