I Hate Poser Gun Owners!

So I also frequent New England Motorsports (mostly for the classifieds)

Well everytime a firearm comes up in the classified ads, all the guys who pretend to know about guns have to come out and try to act cool. I usually just let it pass but I finally got fed up with it since it was an ad I was actually interested in and ended up in an argument with this POSER that i thought you guys might enjoy reading

*Im under the same username over there

http://newengland-motorsports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34906

Last edited:
Holy shit, there's some beauty's in this one.

ya its a 500, no not a pistol grip.I'll try to get some pics but I dont have a comp at my house anymore so its kinda hard to do. No bren I dont think you've shot that one, it would prob break you in half.

While that guy clearly doesn't know what he's doing, it doesn't mean he's lying and he is correct that it's not going to hurt the gun (he's just not going to be able to hit anything consistently).

You can't let the posers bother you. They're everywhere. Almost every one of us here has lots of specialized knowledge that regular people lack. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop them from thinking they know it all. It's best to ignore them, because they're usually too dumb to argue with.

A while back I went to an outdoor party/bonfire when the subject of guns came up. Someone there knew I was an instructor and asked about the LTC process. An "expert" overheard us and chimed in. I don't remember the exact conversation, but it went something like this:

EXPERT: One of my friends was in the Special Forces and has lots of guns. I go shooting with him all the time. He has a Glock.
ME: Cool. What model?
EXPERT: The pistol. They're really rare. They're banned in this country because they can get through a metal detector.
ME: Is that right?
EXPERT: Yeah. I shot it a couple of times. The bullets are really expensive; they're a special kind of bullet that can't be traced.
ME: Do you watch a lot of TV?​

Little did the guy know that there was a Glock pistol about 4 feet away from him on my hip. I could've argued with the guy, but it was a losing cause. He would've made up some secret special forces voodoo to counteract anything I said.

You can't let the posers bother you. They're everywhere. Almost every one of us here has lots of specialized knowledge that regular people lack. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop them from thinking they know it all. It's best to ignore them, because they're usually too dumb to argue with.

A while back I went to an outdoor party/bonfire when the subject of guns came up. Someone there knew I was an instructor and asked about the LTC process. An "expert" overheard us and chimed in. I don't remember the exact conversation, but it went something like this:

EXPERT: One of my friends was in the Special Forces and has lots of guns. I go shooting with him all the time. He has a Glock.
EXPERT: The pistol. They're really rare. They're banned in this country because they can get through a metal detector.
EXPERT: Yeah. I shot it a couple of times. The bullets are really expensive; they're a special kind of bullet that can't be traced.

Little did the guy know that there was a Glock pistol about 4 feet away from him on my hip. I could've argued with the guy, but it was a losing cause. He would've made up some secret special forces voodoo to counteract anything I said.

I have generally found that when cornered, or it has been pointed out how far off they are the conversation/ argument generally ends with..
" but it's classified. So,I am not allowed to talk about it"

I just brought five Glocks an a plane. They are the special nuclear powered, invisible, laser beam models.

The Youtube "Dramatic Reading" was hilarious.

ended up in an argument with this POSER that i thought you guys might enjoy reading

I dunno, fbird. I think I agree with the other guy. What he's doing is completely reasonable. But you have to excuse me, I'm getting ready to go shoot some .45 ACP bullets out of my Brown Bess. Two of them jammed in there works perfectly. It's annoying to have to get each one out of the casing though!

My Dad taught me that when you argue with idiots you are adding to their credibility and giving them what they want... attention. I have a limited number of breaths on this earth and I just can't waste them.

My company teaches software classes. The toughest students are those that are brain dead and verbal about it.

Rich

I dunno, fbird. I think I agree with the other guy. What he's doing is completely reasonable. But you have to excuse me, I'm getting ready to go shoot some .45 ACP bullets out of my Brown Bess. Two of them jammed in there works perfectly. It's annoying to have to get each one out of the casing though!

I wonder if you left it in the casing, what would happen.

I suppose it would be a good idea to make sure don't put it in backwards...

I wonder if you left it in the casing, what would happen.

I suppose it would be a good idea to make sure don't put it in backwards...

I suppose the answer should be left to someone who is better at physics than I am, but I don't think it would make all that much difference which way round the cartridge was.

[laugh2][laugh][rofl]

First time I ever have seen someone misspell "regards" as "reguards" [laugh]

When I saw that thread I started thinking of this reading...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBHOL1PcPR8

-Mike

I don't know which is more painful: reading it or listening to the reading. The really scary part is that there are people who actually think in such a befuddled fashion....and some get elected to public office! [laugh]

with a rifled choke or barrel the fire-arm is no longer a SHOTgun it IS a RIFLE, mr lack of knowledge in firearms.
uhhhh, riiiight. [rolleyes]
At least in this state it's still a shotgun because of the shell it takes.
As for the rest of that thread, I think...... forget it. whatever. [thinking]

At least in this state it's still a shotgun because of the shell it takes.

Legally, he's right about the rifled barrel (though not about the rifled choke). In MA a shotgun is a "weapon having a smooth bore", whereas a rifle is a "weapon having a rifled bore" (C. 140 § 121)

Unless you're speaking about a different state.

Legally, he's right about the rifled barrel (though not about the rifled choke). In MA a shotgun is a "weapon having a smooth bore", whereas a rifle is a "weapon having a rifled bore" (C. 140 § 121)

Unless you're speaking about a different state.

I'm speaking of MA. I guess I am taking things for granted. Lemme put it this way; In the shotgun deer season, a rifled shotgun is still considered a shotgun, as it can be used in said season IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom