I Had to do it!!!....Best Pizza

I haven't been there in a few years since I moved out of town, but Morena's in Wakefeld, MA was great, especially the square Sicilian style.

And there was a place in Melrose Square that was awesome. I think it was Caruso's. Little old Italian guy, one man operation. Tremendous pizza. I think it;'s long gone....

Yes, and he wasn't a little guy. Mike Caruso had a place in Everett before Melrose. I was 3 minutes away walking distance.

You guys hit my favorite food, can you tell?
Anyway, probably the best thin crust pizza, hands down is Bianchi's on Revere Beach.

Reginas is the best I think, always get a whole pizza though since they slices may have been hanging around a while. Frank Pepe takes second. Angelas on rt 1 in saugus is third.

Oh ya had them both. Honestly didn’t think either was that bad. I know good food for sure and would go for it over the alternative any day. But I could eat the food off the floor and be happy. When I used to work the bars in Boston there was this joint just in between Faneuil hall and haymarket. A corner store run by Arabs. Place was an absolute cesspool. They made the worst f’n pizza in the world. We ate it every Friday and Saturday night. [rofl]

Yeah. It's like having sex with an ugly fat chick with bad breath. If you're THAT horny, it works. But, uhhhh, at 51, I can wait. For good pizza and good sex. LOL

Lynwood, Randolph, cape cod Brockton , j’s flying pizza bridgewater, niko’s west bridge water

J's flying is good as well. Same vein of SS Bar Pizza. Baldie's in Lakeville is similar, too. Definitely good sauce and well made, but traditional crust. Better than the drive to J's or LW. Or Union Villa.

Union Villa. THAT'S the pizza I grew up on. I went back a couple of years ago and got 2 pizzas for my son. They were supposed to BOTH be for him. We killed them together. In the car. Sitting in a parking lot. Sharing his soda.

In 40+ years, the recipe has NOT changed. It tasted the same as it did when I was a little kid. Shocking! So many places change and then the crust or the sauce or process change (see below). Not Union Villa. They knew they had a good formula and stuck with it.

My wife's family swears by that place. I do NOT understand what people see in that pizza. Middle of the road at best.

Town Spa pre-2010 or so was amazing. Then they decided to automate most of the pizza making. Crust isn't as crisp. They did SOMETHING to the sauce. They make a minor fortune, but it's not the same pizza that I grew up on. Damn. Taking my wife out for 2 greek salads and a cheese pizza for dinner. Those days are gone. :(. I hear you can ask for the pizza crispy and it's 99% of the way there. If I have to ask for it to be good in the first place, I'm not going to go back.

My Rhode Island in-laws call it pizza.

It's grotesque.

I had pizza in a bakery in Roma. . . . damn. 1989 or 90???

Same damned thing, but with a bit of cheese on it. Square. Fat. Heavily sauced. Cold. Despite what Rhode Islanders WANT you to think, they didn't invent it. They stole it. LOL. Oh, and the reason it doesn't have sauce is that it's not cooking if it's just bread and sauce. That's baking. So they USED to have cheese on RI squizza, but they had to stop b/c of The Man.

We'd go sightseeing all day. Stop for lunch at some place. Kill a bottle of wine. I'd wander around the Vatican a bit tipsy (wife, then GF, still has pix of that) then stop at this little bakery on the way home to the hotel for a few slices of this pizza and some waters. (Don't drink the water in Roma.)

Galleria Umberto...North End Boston. Been going there for over 30yrs. Exceptional. Then Santarpios, then Regina's (North end only).

I haven't been there in a few years since I moved out of town, but Morena's in Wakefeld, MA was great, especially the square Sicilian style.

And there was a place in Melrose Square that was awesome. I think it was Caruso's. Little old Italian guy, one man operation. Tremendous pizza. I think it;'s long gone....

Morena’s was great. I worked across the street and went there (or the fish shack in the same plaza) almost every day. The Gloria Food Store at the depot was great too. And Toody’s.

Caruso’s is long gone. It was good too. Used to go there for dinner. Funny the shop is still empty. No one has put in a different business there. I wonder what is going on.

Caruso’s is long gone. It was good too. Used to go there for dinner. Funny the shop is still empty. No one has put in a different business there. I wonder what is going on

Post 140 Link:
The recent history behind the Caruso's building is a complicated one. Former owner Michele Caruso died in 2010, and with his death came the closing of the Caruso Pizzeria & Ristorante he ran since 1963. It was left to family heirs, with the building remaining in probate for several years due an issue with the will.
Then came the contamination. A hazardous chemical likely left over from a dry cleaner's at the site decades ago proved to be another speed bump, one that was resolved in late 2017.

Which brings us to Luigi Fusco. Fusco, one of Caruso's nephews and heirs, last year bought out the others. Fusco now owns the Caruso's building, at 689 Main St., and the adjacent building home to several businesses. Assessor's records state he bought both in January 2018 for $860,000.
Gaffey said the city has been in touch with Fusco and his attorney, discussing ideas about redeveloping or renovating the property.

Pizza Roma in Watertown.

The owner/pizza chef is legit old school Italian.
Real tiny place with nothing pretentious about it.
Cash only, and they don't even have take out menu's.
The online menu consists of going to a Google review page
and there are 3 year old pics of the menu board hanging behind the counter.

I've been enjoying Frank Pepe's...

View attachment 380376

They're opening one next week about a half mile away from me, and the locals are already having orgasms about it.

I''m not that big on the charring and burnt crust, but I'll give them a shot.

They're opening one next week about a half mile away from me, and the locals are already having orgasms about it.

I''m not that big on the charring and burnt crust, but I'll give them a shot.
Ask them for a medium-rare... [smile]

BTW, What town is getting a new Frank Pepe's...???

Morena’s was great. I worked across the street and went there (or the fish shack in the same plaza) almost every day. The Gloria Food Store at the depot was great too. And Toody’s.

Caruso’s is long gone. It was good too. Used to go there for dinner. Funny the shop is still empty. No one has put in a different business there. I wonder what is going on.
Dory's Seafood was great! As was Gloria.

I forgot that I really liked Angela's on Rt1 Saugus too. They have great wings!

Regina is good, but not the best pizza. Their sauce is just meh. And to quote Dave. . . its' got no undercarriage. Flop-city. LOL

Used to be a place in Malden called Little Pepina's. Best f***ing pizza on the planet. I think there was a falling out in the family or something so it closed and is a CVS now.

Believe it or not Pizza King in Leominster has great pizza. Owner makes his own crust, $10. for a small Pepperoni. He told me business is down 30% recently.

Oh ya had them both. Honestly didn’t think either was that bad. I know good food for sure and would go for it over the alternative any day. But I could eat the food off the floor and be happy. When I used to work the bars in Boston there was this joint just in between Faneuil hall and haymarket. A corner store run by Arabs. Place was an absolute cesspool. They made the worst f’n pizza in the world. We ate it every Friday and Saturday night. [rofl]

That's place is such a Boston thing. Terrible pizza--agreed. Yet I'd always get a slice while going to city hall, which used to be often. Probably helped they'd validate for the garage. If I went to another city and got that slice, I'd be complaining about it for the rest of the day.

As for actual good pizza--Pinocchio's in Harvard Square for a Sicilian slice is still probably my all time favorite. But there are so many types of pizza and so many classifications that it can be hard to narrow it down. Traditional Italian. Coal fired artisan. Every-pizza-shop-USA style. Bar pizza. I don't think I've ever refused to finish a slice anywhere yet.

I did not read all 180 posts so I am sorry if this one has already been selected.

Supreme Pizza Billerica MA! Greek pizza!

Best there is!

Back
Top Bottom