I finally pulled the Beretta trigger! ((PICS Added on Last Page))

I went up to Four Seasons Firearms on Saturday and purchased the Beretta 92FS. Talk about customer service! I had a million questions and they all got answered. I also purchased a range bag, eye protection, ear protection, cleaning kit and 2 boxes of Winchester. The guy who helped me out walked around the whole store with me showing me different stuff and teaching me some of the lingo that goes along with firearms. It was kind of busy in there so I hope no one behind me got pissed.[smile] They had like 6 dudes working so no big deal...

I went to the Sippican Rod and Gun Club today down in Rochester MA with one of my friends to fire her off. What a smooth azz gun! I was shooting targets at 20 yrds with good accuracy. It felt so comfortable to shoot and can't imagine it breaking in more than it already is. I shot 100 rounds[shocked]

A big thank you to this forum for getting me to the right spot to purchase and for answering questions I've asked.

Last edited:
Good for you! Now find some preban hi-cap magazines to go with it. [smile]

Oh, I forgot to mention that I bought one of those!!![smile]

Pain in the azz to load for the first time though! The guy at FS hooked me up with a decent price because I purchased the firearm from them.

order a 92D main spring for it. The D main spring will take about 2lbs off the double action pull.

Its funny you guys mention this because the large capacity was easier than the two 10's that came with it. Thanks for the advise. I'll look into the 92D spring.

congrats. i bought the same gun for my first purchase a few weeks ago and absolutley love it. i had the same kind of service from FS as well. enjoy!

I went up to Four Seasons Firearms on Saturday and purchased the Beretta 92FS. Talk about customer service! I had a million questions and they all got answered. I also purchased a range bag, eye protection, ear protection, cleaning kit and 2 boxes of Winchester. The guy who helped me out walked around the whole store with me showing me different stuff and teaching me some of the lingo that goes along with firearms. It was kind of busy in there so I hope no one behind me got pissed.[smile] They had like 6 dudes working so no big deal...

I went to the Sippican Rod and Gun Club today down in Rochester MA with one of my friends to fire her off. What a smooth azz gun! I was shooting targets at 20 yrds with good accuracy. It felt so comfortable to shoot and can't imagine it breaking in more than it already is. I shot 100 rounds[shocked]

A big thank you to this forum for getting me to the right spot to purchase and for answering questions I've asked.
When it comes to gunshops, there is none better than Four Seasons. Carl Tom and the rest of his staff know what their doing. Your really going to enjoy that Beretta 92fs, I've had one since 95 and It has never failed me yet, as a matter of fact I just bought a new one (Italian model) a few months ago. I think Carl still has some pre-ban mags.

I've been doing some research while I wait for my license to get issued and have been thinking that this is going to be my first purchase. Good to hear the satisfied users.

I've been doing some research while I wait for my license to get issued and have been thinking that this is going to be my first purchase. Good to hear the satisfied users.

Nice avatar!

I'm a novice for sure and can say I feel super comfortable with this gun. I asked a million questions at the gun shop and the results paid off. Now, it about finding ammo!!!

Congrats on the new gun.
Look for a Beretta 92FS conversion kit in 22LR. I got one and it's great, a great addition to the pistol as it makes your shooting costs go down to nothing.
smitty

Congrats on the new gun.
Look for a Beretta 92FS conversion kit in 22LR. I got one and it's great, a great addition to the pistol as it makes your shooting costs go down to nothing.
smitty

Hmmm. Something for me to look into. What does a conversion kit come with? New magazine and slide with barrel?

Conversion kit = one case with a new Slide / Barrel Combo, a new mag, & a mag loader. It's like having two pistols on the same frame. I've since went and got a couple extra mags for it as well. It shoots real good and a M9 is my service pistol I can train like I'd have to fight. 22LR beats the hell out of 9mm when you gotta pay for it.
smitty

Congrats on the new gun.
smitty

+1

This is part of the reason I'm very interested in the 92FS. I know some people on the forum think it's better to just get two different guns (the 9 and the 22) but I like the idea of lowering costs while getting familiar with a single pistol.

Back
Top Bottom