• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I decided to buy a IWI Tavor x95

Got friends with over 10K on their X95. I am responsible for about 100 rounds of that count! Not a single problem. Not one.
Not a single problem in 100 rounds!!! Wow!!!

I like favor for cqb but the triggers….awesome concept….but the triggers blow, even when upgraded.

They’re cool, just not for me.

Not a single problem in 100 rounds!!! Wow!!!

I like favor for cqb but the triggers….awesome concept….but the triggers blow, even when upgraded.

They’re cool, just not for me.
Not a single problem over the 10K, Mr. Smartypants. Try that with a typical AR.
Tavor can be picked up for about $1800 while a proper AR, like Daniel Defense M4A,1 is in the low to mid-2000s.
Stock triggers on ARs are just as bad but here's the truth: both stock AR and X95 triggers do a good job for the vast majority of users. Ask any Special Forces guys if they have "special" triggers in their hardware. The only people who care for aftermarket triggers are competitors, tinkerers, or posers. Everyone else gets the job done with stock.

Not a single problem over the 10K, Mr. Smartypants. Try that with a typical AR.
Tavor can be picked up for about $1800 while a proper AR, like Daniel Defense M4A,1 is in the low to mid-2000s.
Stock triggers on ARs are just as bad but here's the truth: both stock AR and X95 triggers do a good job for the vast majority of users. Ask any Special Forces guys if they have "special" triggers in their hardware. The only people who care for aftermarket triggers are competitors, tinkerers, or posers. Everyone else gets the job done with stock.
Your post said 100. I duno about your pricing, I can guess your geography though.

Lots of generalizations on triggers. There are plenty of inexpensive, better than don’t care about the sear interface, type triggers that make guns much better shooters, in fact an upgraded trigger is probably the best upgrade one can make. For just general usage, shitty stock triggers work ‘mil spec’ but for those of us who like to make holes in the same place consistently, well, better trigger helps.

So you’re trying to imply that combat accuracy is good enough?? Whatever floats your boat.

Nobody I know keeps a basic milspec trigger in any AR that they shoot….

You do you, fag.

What's that partially detached-looking thingy on the back of your back plate?
Are you using a skinny plate with a 16" or 18" barrel?
The picture is awesome, especially the spent casing about to hit the photo-taker in the face!!!! whuhahahahaha!!!
That thingy is a QD on the sling. Skinny plate, 16” barrel with Rocksett Lancer break, OAL is 26.375”. So street legal!
Thanks on the photo. I gave my phone to the guy next to me in the class. The brass was bouncing off the back of it! I found a still with a few pieces of flying brass and did a screen grab. It was a hot day, but a great class.

That thingy is a QD on the sling. Skinny plate, 16” barrel with Rocksett Lancer break, OAL is 26.375”. So street legal!
Thanks on the photo. I gave my phone to the guy next to me in the class. The brass was bouncing off the back of it! I found a still with a few pieces of flying brass and did a screen grab. It was a hot day, but a great class.
Was that the @OnSight Firearms Training class at Maynard?

Your post said 100. I duno about your pricing, I can guess your geography though.

Lots of generalizations on triggers. There are plenty of inexpensive, better than don’t care about the sear interface, type triggers that make guns much better shooters, in fact an upgraded trigger is probably the best upgrade one can make. For just general usage, shitty stock triggers work ‘mil spec’ but for those of us who like to make holes in the same place consistently, well, better trigger helps.

So you’re trying to imply that combat accuracy is good enough?? Whatever floats your boat.

Nobody I know keeps a basic milspec trigger in any AR that they shoot….

You do you, fag.
I suppose your dyslexia made you skip the 10,000 rd statement.

Your "Nobody I know keeps basic mil-spec trigger" is a clear indication that you are a poser with poser friends. Triggers are nice but they do not make a crappy rifle or crappy shooter any better. Triggers don't make better shooing guns; training does but you wouldn't know anything about that.

X95 shoots cleaner, uses a hammer-forged barrel, can be easily switched to left-handed, and is more compact. I dare you to find an Ambi AR with hammerforged barrel that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

And before you go complaining to your mama about how a Jew dissed you on NES, just remember: Israel is the ONLY country to win multiple wars against it in the past 70 years. Besides the Gulf War, the US has failed in EVERY conflict, thanks to our "brilliant" military leadership.

Your "Nobody I know keeps basic mil-spec trigger" is a clear indication that you are a poser with poser friends. Triggers are nice but they do not make a crappy rifle or crappy shooter any better. Triggers don't make better shooing guns; training does but you wouldn't know anything about that.

X95 shoots cleaner, uses a hammer-forged barrel, can be easily switched to left-handed, and is more compact. I dare you to find an Ambi AR with hammerforged barrel that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

And before you go complaining to your mama about how a Jew dissed you on NES, just remember: Israel is the ONLY country to win multiple wars against it in the past 70 years. Besides the Gulf War, the US has failed in EVERY conflict, thanks to our "brilliant" military leadership.
To be fair, you only said the round count on it was over 10k and not that that count was problem free.

Not exactly cleaner. Gas escaping from the back of the rail and I end up with flecks on my glasses after shooting. The x95 is easily switched to left hand but I wouldn’t exactly call it convenient when a separate bolt is required. Ambi AR lowers don’t cost that much and a true ambi upper isn’t really required since the brass isn’t getting ejected near your face.

Who brought about up anything about Israel or being Jewish? Most of those wars probably didn’t involve usage of the Tavor.

To be fair, you only said the round count on it was over 10k and not that that count was problem free.

Not exactly cleaner. Gas escaping from the back of the rail and I end up with flecks on my glasses after shooting. The x95 is easily switched to left hand but I wouldn’t exactly call it convenient when a separate bolt is required. Ambi AR lowers don’t cost that much and a true ambi upper isn’t really required since the brass isn’t getting ejected near your face.

Who brought about up anything about Israel or being Jewish? Most of those wars probably didn’t involve usage of the Tavor.
The specs you saw usually result from poor seals on the ejection port cover. This is fixable with a $30 Manticore cover. The only time anything escapes from the back of the rail is when running it suppressed. Try running a typical AR suppressed, and you will find that X95 does a much better job when it comes to gas management.

Ambi AR is not a true platform for a leftie. It still ejects into your face. X95 on the other hand eject properly: away from the face. The cost of the left-ejecting X95 bolt face is not that high either AND it does allow switching back and forth with very little effort. Once you take the rifle apart a couple of times for deep cleaning, switching from leftie to righty becomes a trivial affair.

What I DO see as a problem for X95 is the lack of rail space for night ops. Install a flash light and the on/off switch takes up the remainder of rails space. I don't know how people attach night vision lasers with so little space.

Another downside of X95 is not really the fault of the rifle but rather of their owners. Folks who buy X95 typically use it as a range toy and do not even bother figuring out how to properly operate or maintain it. I can grab an X95 and go to a CQB class with folks who run M4s and I will not feel so scared for my safety as with a bunch of X95 owners. Let's face it: the majority of X95 owners DO NOT TRAIN!

You very funny fag!!!

Didn’t know you were a Jew, not sure how it’s relevant…. IMI/iWI makes some excellent shit, I’m just meh on tavors. I guess that makes me a Nazi??? But I hate Nazis….so I’m confused.

I’m a righty, so in my opinion a firearm being ambi has zero benefits to me….f*** lefties, they’re all commies anyways….

I do envy your ability to read way past what’s being said and make up your own completely off-based assumptions. I strive to gain your level of insight.

Edit: between when I read it and you edited it you must have corrected….it said 100 rounds. I know many people that shoot 10k plus per year….they don’t pay for said rounds. I used to, but I have to pay now.

How many of your personal friends and family are currently deployed??? I give zero f***s about you or any other country other than mine.

PS, maybe stop acting like a fag??

Last edited:
The specs you saw usually result from poor seals on the ejection port cover. This is fixable with a $30 Manticore cover. The only time anything escapes from the back of the rail is when running it suppressed. Try running a typical AR suppressed, and you will find that X95 does a much better job when it comes to gas management.

Ambi AR is not a true platform for a leftie. It still ejects into your face. X95 on the other hand eject properly: away from the face. The cost of the left-ejecting X95 bolt face is not that high either AND it does allow switching back and forth with very little effort. Once you take the rifle apart a couple of times for deep cleaning, switching from leftie to righty becomes a trivial affair.

What I DO see as a problem for X95 is the lack of rail space for night ops. Install a flash light and the on/off switch takes up the remainder of rails space. I don't know how people attach night vision lasers with so little space.

Another downside of X95 is not really the fault of the rifle but rather of their owners. Folks who buy X95 typically use it as a range toy and do not even bother figuring out how to properly operate or maintain it. I can grab an X95 and go to a CQB class with folks who run M4s and I will not feel so scared for my safety as with a bunch of X95 owners. Let's face it: the majority of X95 owners DO NOT TRAIN!
Hey, buddy….please change your user name to ‘Charlie Day.’

Care to elaborate what specifically happens?
And with what ammo?
winchester, federal, and whatever my buddy had, not sure what he was running. Shoot, failure to eject, next round obviously wasnt getting seated. Clear the jam, shoot. FTE. repeat. I could get maybe 1 or 2 shots before it would FTE again. Tried my mags, tried his, same thing.

winchester, federal, and whatever my buddy had, not sure what he was running. Shoot, failure to eject, next round obviously wasnt getting seated. Clear the jam, shoot. FTE. repeat. I could get maybe 1 or 2 shots before it would FTE again. Tried my mags, tried his, same thing.
so, i would recommend to try this - take it all apart, look it up online - like others stated from the factory it comes covered in very thick goo like lube.
clean it all off, use normal gun oil on everything inside, so it would drip it - make sure all mating surfaces are wet.
after that shoot it with m193 or regular steel .223 tula - any 55gr that goes 3k+ speed out.

if in pristine cleaned up and oiled state new x95 still has issues spitting it out and feeding - means issues with piston or gas, most likely and will need to be investigated.
i would bet right now it is probably clogged.

Most likely needs to be cleaned and lubed. Has it ever been cleaned? Did you use gun oil on it before or during the FTE issues? Manual tells you what points need lubrication and cleaning.

Most likely needs to be cleaned and lubed. Has it ever been cleaned? Did you use gun oil on it before or during the FTE issues? Manual tells you what points need lubrication and cleaning.
so, i would recommend to try this - take it all apart, look it up online - like others stated from the factory it comes covered in very thick goo like lube.
clean it all off, use normal gun oil on everything inside, so it would drip it - make sure all mating surfaces are wet.
after that shoot it with m193 or regular steel .223 tula - any 55gr that goes 3k+ speed out.

if in pristine cleaned up and oiled state new x95 still has issues spitting it out and feeding - means issues with piston or gas, most likely and will need to be investigated.
i would bet right now it is probably clogged.

Yes I will field strip and clean. I bought it brand new and took it out the next weekend to try for the first time. I didn't clean/lube to begin with. My mistake. However, its the first firearm I've bought brand new that didn't function on the first go without cleaning.

Yes I will field strip and clean. I bought it brand new and took it out the next weekend to try for the first time. I didn't clean/lube to begin with. My mistake. However, its the first firearm I've bought brand new that didn't function on the first go without cleaning.
One more tip: Under no circumstance should you lube the gas piston area. Use a brass brush to remove any carbon deposits if you like(most people don't bother) but do not put a drop of oil there. The oil on the piston will cause gumming up of the gas piston, resulting in all sorts of problems with feeding, failure to eject, and failure to close the slide.

Don't forget to clean the chamber and check the extractor.

I just got an email from IWI, firing pins and bolt parts kits are back in stock if any of you guys have been waiting. I think I sent my in stock notification back in 2020 😂. I completely forgot about it.

Back
Top Bottom