• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I decided to buy a IWI Tavor x95

I really like my x95. At 28.5" its 9.5" shorter that my AR with a similar 16.5" barrel and still completely legal in Commichussetts. I have the Mepro M21 and Mepro MX3F up top. Manticore charging handle (much nicer to rack) and curved butt stock. I also swapped out grip for the IWI pistol grip, Lantac Dragon muzzle break on the business end, Savy Sniper sling and I swapped out the plastic safeties for aftermarket ones. I call it my minute of head out to 100 yards and its short enough to sweep a closet!

Last edited:
Range day- I need more practice- 10 yards lol I need to make sure things are zero and work on my mechanics. I am not used to shooting a Tavor. It is me, for sure.

Attachments

• PXL_20210908_212135511.jpeg
    PXL_20210908_212135511.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I watched the video. I am wondering if that is a different pistol grip than the Tavor x95
There is other video on YouTube from the same guy who makes official iwi tavor videos on how to shoot x95 with a sling. It adds a lot of stability having a sling under tension.
Type of a front grip does not matter too much.

I am going to add Geissele Super Sabra Lightning Bow Trigger

The $99 trigger bow alone is of little value unless you intend to add the Super Sabra trigger pack at $350.

Getting either right now is not easy. I corresponded directly with Geissele Automatics not long ago, the Super Sabra is being manufactured intermittently in small batches which then sellout for MSRP on their website almost as soon as they are added.

🐯

I bought a tavor and it doesnt function reliably whatsoever. Tried diff mags, diff ammo. Maybe I need to field strip and clean the f***er but Ive never had a brand new gun f*** up so miserably. Its almost every other round fails to eject properly.

I bought a tavor and it doesnt function reliably whatsoever. Tried diff mags, diff ammo. Maybe I need to field strip and clean the f***er but Ive never had a brand new gun f*** up so miserably. Its almost every other round fails to eject properly.
Care to elaborate what specifically happens?
And with what ammo?

I had one with failure to extract issues. I cleaned the chamber and no problems since. It's a good idea to take any new down and clean it properly and then lube it with proper gun lube. My tavor bcg, gas tube and chamber was pretty mudded up with some type of brown rust preventative grease. If you're a warrant type of guy just call IWI.

I put a Magpul rail vertical grip (RVG) on mine and it is so much nicer to handle. A real world of difference.

🐯
Just did a similar thing. Swapped a magpul AFG for a BCM vertical grip with a slight angle. I still have never field stripped mine to clean it. Just bore snake and spraying some cleaner in there. Still have the giessele trigger bow I need to install too...

Tavor x95 with over 1k rounds and zero problems. Shot everything from shit to high end. Had a few sticky old hi cap mags but all good.
Got friends with over 10K on their X95. I am responsible for about 100 rounds of that count! Not a single problem. Not one.

Back
Top Bottom