I am think going to do it S&W 1911pd

I have put this pistol off for about a year and a half.................It will be my first 1911 and my full time carry!
What say you?
Comments, suggestions, don't do it..............

I have already bought a Sparks IWB Holster about a year ago and I thinks its time to fill it!
I am not sure why it has taken so long. I think its just a different platform than anything I have.

I do like the looks of the 1911 I have also considered the Para.

Damn I wish I would just do it!

PG

WOW I just reread the title "Note to self DO NOT POST WHILE TAKING PRESCIPTION MEDICATION"
Sorry guys, but you figured it out anyway.

Last edited:
Do it. I bought the 1911pd about a month ago, I have put about 600 rounds through it. No failures, This is now my everyday carry peice. It does need night sights, and a Bullman IWB, and belt are on order.

I also have the S&W 1911 PD. It is all stock with the exception of a ambidextrous safety. It's home is a Milt Sparks Watch Six.

I couldn't be more pleased! Do consider additional magazines by Wilson Combat.

You will have great fun running this rosco through it's paces.

I have the SW1911 in SS frame/slide and I love it.

I replaced the stock Houge flat grips with the Houge finger grove style and I love them, I also shoot the Chip McCormick Power Mags and they work great (I had a few problems with the stock Wilsons).

Are you going with the 1911PD for the Scandium for any special reason??? I quess that 29.5 ounces is enough off a difference compaired to the 39 ounces for the 1911.

Either way you will love it!!!

I have the SW1911 in SS frame/slide and I love it.

I replaced the stock Houge flat grips with the Houge finger grove style and I love them, I also shoot the Chip McCormick Power Mags and they work great (I had a few problems with the stock Wilsons).

Are you going with the 1911PD for the Scandium for any special reason??? I quess that 29.5 ounces is enough off a difference compaired to the 39 ounces for the 1911.

Either way you will love it!!!

Thanks David the the Scandium for weight and barrel length. 4 1/4"

Do it ! Don't wait !

Mine is the black sc model that was made for a short time before they renamed it the PD. It is the best gun I've ever carried and I do every day. It is flawless in operation with everything I've fed it. AND it's real purdy !

Do it ! Don't wait !

1911sc1.jpg

Do it ! Don't wait !

Mine is the black sc model that was made for a short time before they renamed it the PD. It is the best gun I've ever carried and I do every day. It is flawless in operation with everything I've fed it. AND it's real purdy !

Do it ! Don't wait !

1911sc1.jpg

I am pricing these out now WOW!!! The gun shops are all over the place. Some are just absolutly out of there mind. I had a quote for $980.00!!!!! WTF!

I understand that you have overhead and have to make money but that kind of markup is crazy!!

PG

Back
Top Bottom