• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hypothetical

If i were to get a mass out of state license

But didnt feel the need to check a gun every time

Could i theoretically purchase a firearm and leave it at someones house?

Could I also give someone the money to buy themselves a firearm and let me borrow it when i visit?

all my relatives decided they needed to live in the finer places in new england...i.e near the worcester projects...and in dorchester

I don't go anywhere without a gun in the South but id like to not go anywhere with out a gun in the north either

Just bring one to leave in Mass - you can't buy one here but you could leave one in a safe in someone's home

Or, I'll store it for you in my safe. Just leave a case of ammo for it so I can periodically test it to make sure its functional when you need it.

I kinda figured this was out... more around can i borrow a gun from someone? Or is that a no no
"Borrowing" is fine. Posting on a very public forum 'I'm going to straw purchase', even if you are absolutely legal to buy in both places, the phrasing and intent count.

Edit: I'll say 'borrowing' is fine where I am. If you live behind the Demonic Curtain, you may need to consult a lawyer or 3, take the consensus, and retain the 2 you went with.

Could i theoretically purchase a firearm and leave it at someones house?
Does said firearm comply with MA laws (i.e. magazine capacity)? Does said someone have a MA LTC / FID ?

If Yes/Yes, it would seem to be acceptable, assuming you purchase it in your home state and transport it to MA in a legally compliant fashion.

"Borrowing" is fine. Posting on a very public forum 'I'm going to straw purchase', even if you are absolutely legal to buy in both places, the phrasing and intent count.
Technically it'd be a gift

But I don't think id do this anyways Im pretty lazy and I heard mass is a bitch to get out of state

Just was day dreaming

Number two is of those things where each individual part is fine but it’s bad when you put all three parts in the same sentence like that.

Straight To Jail Crime GIF - Straight To Jail Crime Criminal GIFs

Back
Top Bottom